GDT: Devils @ Penguins - 28 Jan @ 7pm Eastern

jagknife

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Wtf is with Hynes never playing Yakovlev? He can’t even crack the lineup with Lovejoy out? I was far more impressed with him in the small sample we saw than I ever have been with Mueller or Santini. I don’t get it. 

I didn't even realize with Lovejoy out that Yak still isn't in.  It pisses me off just the same.

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Wtf is with Hynes never playing Yakovlev? He can’t even crack the lineup with Lovejoy out? I was far more impressed with him in the small sample we saw than I ever have been with Mueller or Santini. I don’t get it. 

It kind of defies logic at this point. There's no benefit to us or him in him watching games from the press box. 

Not that I think its an earth shattering move either way, but we might as well look at what we've got. 

Edited by mfitz804

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It kind of defies logic at this point. There's no benefit to us or him in him watching games from the press box. 

Not that I think its an earth shattering move either way, but we might as well look at what we've got. 

I'm no coach (Thank God) but bringing someone up (Or Down) from the bing to practice and watch games seems to have little benefit. At this point let them play! OMG especially our defensemen! We need to see what they have at the Big boy level.

36 minutes ago, Devs1965 said:

I'm no coach (Thank God) but bringing someone up (Or Down) from the bing to practice and watch games seems to have little benefit. At this point let them play! OMG especially our defensemen! We need to see what they have at the Big boy level.

Exactly my thinking. And being that we have a couple D-men that probably could play in Binghamton interchangeably, I would like to see him play. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Head scratcher  ! Yakovlev needs to play, need to see more. 

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Head scratcher  ! Yakovlev needs to play, need to see more. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

Wasn't Hynes complaining Yak wasn't picking up language enough to be pro level yet?  Maybe its still an issue in his mind.

Are you serious? That can't be the reason. I'm sorry, I get that communicating with your teammates is important, but the history of the NHL is littered with great players who sucked at speaking English. 

2-0!

Travis closing in on 500 points for his career...needs 10 more to reach that milestone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’d really love to either keep Boyle, or bring him back if we trade him as a rental. I don’t know how anyone isn’t extremely happy with what he brings as a 4th liner. 

It wouldn’t shock me that much if he became a rental for the rest of this season, and was right back here next year.  I think Shero likes him a lot.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’d really love to either keep Boyle, or bring him back if we trade him as a rental. I don’t know how anyone isn’t extremely happy with what he brings as a 4th liner. 

I'm wonderfully happy with what he's done this year, and for him in general, and I wouldn't hate it if we brought him back, but I think he's definitely overproduced this year and it wouldn't surprise me if he regressed next year with a lot fewer goals 

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm wonderfully happy with what he's done this year, and for him in general, and I wouldn't hate it if we brought him back, but I think he's definitely overproduced this year and it wouldn't surprise me if he regressed next year with a lot fewer goals 

He had 13 goals last season as a Devil in 69 GP.

• Like 1