GDT: Devils @ Penguins - 28 Jan @ 7pm Eastern

jagknife

43 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Great night for Zacha!

The best part of the Zacha meme is you can always make it work. Like:

Zacha with the Gordie Howe Hat Trick!

45411387281_1ae62b32cc_b.jpg

Also, did anyone else catch the quote from our captain that all of the players can be 3, 4 or 5% better? Does he understand what he’s saying there??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Zajac, our overpaid and overrated 3rd line center, with 4 pts tonight.

He now has 19 goals and 31 assists in his last 78 games.  About as productive as he’s ever been post-ZZPop.  I’ll take it.  

• Like 2

I'm obviously all-aboard the tank train at this point, but it's still fun to see the Devils beat the piss out of someone once in a while.  

Devils have the Penguins' number like the Jackets have ours.  Can't explain it.

12 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’d really love to either keep Boyle, or bring him back if we trade him as a rental. I don’t know how anyone isn’t extremely happy with what he brings as a 4th liner. 

I think you've gotta trade him off at the deadline - a playoff team would pay a king's ransom for a guy like Boyle.

For some reason I feel like there's a good chance he comes right back as a UFA, with his family situated here and all that.

12 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Coleman is fvcking incredible. 

Favorite Devil right now.  And he's cost-controlled for a long time.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Also, what did Bratt play last night, like 4 minutes? It was halfway through the game before I even realized he was playing. What are we doing with him? 

Maybe he's tired and they don't want to burn him out again.

I dislike games like last night. I want sustained success, not highs and lows, not bipolar disorder, not a 6-3 away win vs. the Penguins followed by a 1-0 or 9-8 loss at home vs. the Rangers. I would've felt better if it were a tight 2-1 win or something. That was in my head the entire time we were up in the game, just knowing that this won't be sustainable, and we'll be back criticizing their effort in a couple days. I hope they prove me wrong.

Edited by DJ Eco

14 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Travis closing in on 500 points for his career...needs 10 more to reach that milestone.

Make that 8 more points...

Kyle Palmieri has 39 goals and 28 assists over his last 82 GP.  Hard to think that this won't represent the most productive 82-game "pseudo-season" stretch of his career.  Gotta admit, though I'm obviously a big fan of his, I never would've expected him to ever score at that rate over that kind of sample size.  He has a little of bit of stubborn overachiever in him. 

That being said, even though he's managed three goals in his last five GP, and even though he's always been very prone to streakiness (just three points in his last nine games, in his first real offensive slump of this season), it's really starting to feel like both he and Nico are suffering without Hall.  They need him badly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

I thought Bratt had a really bad game last night.  Not that that's really meant anything about his ice time this season, but yeah he didn't have a great game at all.

He wasn’t on the ice long enough for me to even make such a determination. I only recall 3 shifts, unless he was skating around doing nothing and I just missed him. 

Edited by mfitz804

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He wasn’t on the ice long enough for me to even make such a determination. I only recall 3 shifts, unless he was skating around doing nothing and I just missed him. 

According to the link below, he took 19 shifts and played 13:44 (guess that answers your question as to how "visible" he was). 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201901280PIT.html

48 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He made a brutal turnover in the 1st period, he missed an open Zacha on a potentially good chance later, and he really wasn't having an impact.  I'm a big supporter but last night was not a good showing.

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He's quietly put up 9 points in his last 15 games. Not mind blowing but a nice step in the right direction. 

16 games, but suddenly the numbers are starting to look more respectable.  4 goals and 5 assists in those 16 games.  Interesting mix, as far as the goals go:  1 EV, 1 PP, and 2 SH.  Also has a SH assist. 

I can live with that kind of rate production from Zacha (he'd be at 20+ G and 20+ A per 82 GP), but for once, he needs to stop being such a friggin' tease...I've brought up the 17 points in 28 GP stretch he had back in 2016-17.  Not like he's never had an encouraging offensive run before. 

• Like 1