GDT: Devils @ Penguins - 28 Jan @ 7pm Eastern

jagknife

Yeah, it’s about a week out. But we’re all aboard the tank! I’m 0-4 and I’m putting that wonderful record on the line against the one team we seem to actually have ownership of in this league.

Who will start in net? WHO KNOWS?!

Use the rookie who has kept us just slightly above being the worst in hockey? Maybe!

Start the 🤡 who hasn’t had a regular season win in over a calendar year? Maybe!

Start the 🧀 in 🥅 who seems to be 💩 at keeping 🚨📴? 🤮🤮🤮

Plenty of days to have fun, sh!t talk, and who knows what else!

LTD!! (Let’s tank Devils!)

• Haha 2

It's crazy, we've beaten this team a few times already this year, so you'd think we'd have a pretty good shot at doing it again, especially after a long rest, but I really don't give us any shot at all.  We've just been playing like absolute sh!t lately, the team has no spine, and we'll be on the road where we just seemingly can't find a way to win away from home.  If Hall's back that changes things a bit, I think the team may get some support and energy from his presence, but I still don't see us winning.  

LG, or LT, D.  I don't care either way.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's crazy, we've beaten this team a few times already this year, so you'd think we'd have a pretty good shot at doing it again, especially after a long rest, but I really don't give us any shot at all.  We've just been playing like absolute sh!t lately, the team has no spine, and we'll be on the road where we just seemingly can't find a way to win away from home.  If Hall's back that changes things a bit, I think the team may get some support and energy from his presence, but I still don't see us winning.  

LG, or LT, D.  I don't care either way.

Not sure Hall being back makes any difference, it didn’t make a lot of difference for the games he played thus far.

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not sure Hall being back makes any difference, it didn’t make a lot of difference for the games he played thus far.

Yeah, I mean I don't think it'll make a ton of difference, but as I was thinking about our team as of late, especially the last few games, I really think we're lacking a leader and a motivator.  Thinking back to how he played last year, the guy clearly carried us on his shoulders, and I think the team fed off of his will, heart, and passion.  I mean, the Islanders are looking like one of the best teams in the league lately, and the Blackhawks took them to OT last night and beat them in a shootout.  We beat the Blackhawks 8-5 last week, but lost to the Isles in pretty convincing fashion.  I just don't think we have any spine or heart right now, and I think that's something Hall definitely brings.

40 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

LTD. thats lets tank devils!  thankfully I love the game of hockey so I will be watching till the bitter end.. shut hall down, put cory in for an extended tryout and bring the kids up

lgd!!!

You “love the game of hockey” but you want your team to tank? Those two things are mutually exclusive to me. If you love hockey, watching your team not play hard should be like getting stabbed in the gut. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You “love the game of hockey” but you want your team to tank? Those two things are mutually exclusive to me. If you love hockey, watching your team not play hard should be like getting stabbed in the gut. 

You must love mediocrity, ..Im sick of it... MY tanking is a management decision. play cory, sit hall.. play the kids..  no way do pros not play 100%,  I agree with you on that. we need a top 5 draft choice and we need to hit on one of these kids.. you are not making the playoffs..  

Just now, EdgeControl said:

You must love mediocrity, ..Im sick of it... MY tanking is a management decision. play cory, sit hall.. play the kids..  no way do pros not play 100%,  I agree with you on that. we need a top 5 draft choice and we need to hit on one of these kids.. you are not making the playoffs..  

I don’t, but I can’t root against my team BECAUSE I love hockey. As I’ve said multiple times, we’re entirely capable of earning a top 5 pick without “tanking”, because we suck right now. 

To some extent, though, it’s already happening like you said. Hall is out. Cory will be back in the NHL unless he’s re-injured, but even if he is, he’ll be back once he’s better. 

But it definitely rubs me the wrong way when people are on here rooting for failure. Not just you, you were just the one who posted right before I did lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t, but I can’t root against my team BECAUSE I love hockey. As I’ve said multiple times, we’re entirely capable of earning a top 5 pick without “tanking”, because we suck right now. 

To some extent, though, it’s already happening like you said. Hall is out. Cory will be back in the NHL unless he’s re-injured, but even if he is, he’ll be back once he’s better. 

But it definitely rubs me the wrong way when people are on here rooting for failure. Not just you, you were just the one who posted right before I did lol. 

btw, I love the fact that you still are going to matinee games and supporting the team.. Nico Coleman Bratt and palms are well worth watching!   

yes, we are in pain now so AFAIK a little more is tolerable IF it leads to a better roster..   when we have a chance at a top 3 pick  we need to capitalize

2 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

btw, I love the fact that you still are going to matinee games and supporting the team.. Nico Coleman Bratt and palms are well worth watching!   

yes, we are in pain now so AFAIK a little more is tolerable IF it leads to a better roster..   when we have a chance at a top 3 pick  we need to capitalize

You reminded me, I have no future tickets. January was a crazy month.

I need to see about remedying that. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, I can’t root for the Devils to ever purposely suck.  Or root against them period.  

I’ve got tix in the loft for 2/10, and will definitely go to some more games with my 10-year-old partner-in-crime.  It’s made for some awesome daddy-daughter time.  And at least they’ve been pretty good at home.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’ve got tix in the loft for 2/10, and will definitely go to some more games with my 10-year-old partner-in-crime.  It’s made for some awesome daddy-daughter time. 

As you know, I’m in the same boat and I’m right there with you. Not that it’s not great quality time to just hang out at home and watch a movie. But you guys who don’t have kids won’t realize it, but when you are on the same page and find something to bond over, it’s invaluable. Especially when that kid is a girl. 

It probably won’t always be that way, and there will come a time that handing with dad won’t be their idea of a great time. So I am relishing every minute of it. As I know you are my man. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

As you know, I’m in the same boat and I’m right there with you. Not that it’s not great quality time to just hang out at home and watch a movie. But you guys who don’t have kids won’t realize it, but when you are on the same page and find something to bond over, it’s invaluable. Especially when that kid is a girl. 

It probably won’t always be that way, and there will come a time that handing with dad won’t be their idea of a great time. So I am relishing every minute of it. As I know you are my man. 

Yes! So very true, praying that those times never end.

Personally, I would love to see them start focusing on the solution instead of repairing what we have. Management has a good opportunity to focus on youth and who will be part of the solution along with trading for picks and prospects.

LGD!! 

• Like 1