Devils Season Ticket discussion thread - Prices being raised for 19-20

Satans Hockey

17 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hey @DevilMinder I've mentioned this before but the rock section of the board is basically a grave yard so maybe it's time to just get rid of it and merge it back here? 

Anyway I'm quite pissed off with this and nobody goes in there to read anything so I'm posting this here but I just got my damn invoice which of course they send out now so you can't talk to anyone to bitch and moan. 

My seats went up $108 total a seat for the entire season. Not fvcking happy about this at all. The worst part to me is we don't even get free printed tickets now. We have to choose it as part of 2 benefits. This team is a fvcking joke sometimes. I see quite a few people canceling over these increases.

We are going to miss the playoffs for the 6th fvcking time in 7 seasons and only have won 1 damn playoff GAME, not even series during this time frame. 

This team gives out countless free tickets to people and has trouble filling the building even when doing that and they think a ticket increase like this is a smart move? 

Having to pick hard tickets as a benefit next year to me when they were free for this current season when they are raising the tickets by this much is almost even more insulting to me.

How did everyone else make out? 

Here are the benefits and full season ticket holders can pick 2 of them. The printed tickets were free for the current season. Most of these are garbage and they labeled this as "the best incentives ever" Also the the windbreaker and nameplate will be 1 per account not per seat which makes no fvcking sense and is cheap as fvck. Even the red bulls don't do that sh!t. 

1Martin Brodeur Personal Photo Opportunity

2Exclusive adidas Devils-branded windbreaker

3Personalized Devils framed nameplate

4Guaranteed promotional giveaway items

5Additional 2019-20 Devils player event

6Six (6) bonus tickets to redeem for select 2019-20 Devils home games

7Participation in the Devils Membership Rewards Program

8Hard-copy tickets for the 2019-20 Devils regular season

At least you get perks. As a partial season ticket for over 30 years, I get nothing.  I'm not expecting anything like the full season ticket holders, but in the past they would give me tickets for at least 1 game. I was so thrilled one Christmas when they sent me a partial season ticket holder one patch! ( Although I do have 2 seats. :P)  I buy the tickets because I like going to games.  However after all these years I feel the Devils take me for granted.:(

2 hours ago, Matteau#32 said:

Knicks haven't raised prices in about 5 years and the Giants have not raised prices since they moved into the new stadium.

That's interesting. Of course your screen name and avatar mean I can't like anything you say, but...

On 1/30/2019 at 10:46 PM, Satans Hockey said:

The dine with the Devils stuff was some sort of premium ticket holder event. Like suite holders or something.

That holiday "gift" was insulting. It was $250 bucks off only certain items at some jewelry store but it had to be a minimum purchase of $500. That's not a gift and I would have rather received nothing. Tons of people complained about that one. 

Hah I forgot about that one it was so damn insigificant.  The only people who would bother to use it are ones looking for an engagement ring I think :P

As far as the tickets, many got larger increases than even your seats.  My invoice went up a whopping 10% from last year.  Simply amazing.  They better keep doing the buyback cause that's the only way to justify the higher prices and even then pretty soon the prices are gonna be too high to justify it.  As it is once they end or modify the buyback I'm probably out on season tickets at this rate.  They really do think they have a Yankees/Rangers fanbase where they can up costs and there'll be some hidden demand despite getting 12,000 paid customers per game and the rest on giveaways.  You have to make season tickets an actual deal in terms of either pricing or perks for the fans to keep their interest in it.

Someone on HF also said they upped parking prices too which is another hidden cost that doesn't show up in regular ticket prices.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

As far as the tickets, many got larger increases than even your seats.  My invoice went up a whopping 10% from last year.  Simply amazing. 

Did you talk to your rep and ask why? I talked to mine and voiced my concerns and complaints and thoughts on how they could improve certain things. 

They said certain sections I think were grandfathered in to a set price but that they are eliminating that so that might explain why some had higher increases than others. 

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Did you talk to your rep and ask why? I talked to mine and voiced my concerns and complaints and thoughts on how they could improve certain things. 

They said certain sections I think were grandfathered in to a set price but that they are eliminating that so that might explain why some had higher increases than others. 

Brilliant strategy after suffering through this pathetic season. I wonder if they even told those people earlier in the year that their grandfathered price would be no more?