GDT: Kings @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+ Boo Kovy Editon

MadDog2020

Just now, titans04 said:

so Blackwood is really better off being on a sh!t team in the minors.  Lots to learn there in a much better situation. 

Guess I wholeheartedly disagree.

Only because there’s two guys in front of him that we can’t get rid of. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Only because there’s two guys in front of him that we can’t get rid of. 

but ultimately I think you can get rid of either/both. If you can't get anything for KK then expose either one on waivers to send them down. If that fails shoot each one of those fvckers into the sun separately. Cut your loses neither is a part of the future imo.

Edited by titans04

48 minutes ago, titans04 said:

but ultimately I think you can get rid of either/both. If you can't get anything for KK then expose either one on waivers to send them down. If that fails shoot each one of those fvckers into the sun separately. Cut your loses neither is a part of the future imo.

But there’s no point in doing it now, because we aren’t going anywhere. Let KK’s deal expire. And I don’t know how Shero will do things, but I don’t see anyone banishing a $6m player to the AHL. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

But there’s no point in doing it now, because we aren’t going anywhere. Let KK’s deal expire. And I don’t know how Shero will do things, but I don’t see anyone banishing a $6m player to the AHL. 

Agree to disagree. Imo neither CS or KK are the answer when it comes to a # 1 for next season.  You have the rest of this season to determine if MB could be that guy.  I don't think you can make that determination with him riding buses on a sh!t team.  Figure out a way to give him a high number of games at the NHL level from here on out this season.  Then you would know you know or at least have a good idea if he maybe the guy.  I get the Devils may very well be a sh!tshow from here on out but I have blind faith that the leadership in the org can sort out his value even when playing on a sh!t NHL team.  I don't think the kid is going to crumble and cry postgame when he loses.  If he does he's not the right guy. 

IF MB bombs then the Devils know they have to get a # 1 in the off season.

Sorry imo Cory is toast never to play at a decent level from here to eternity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Agree to disagree. Imo neither CS or KK are the answer when it comes to a # 1 for next season.  You have the rest of this season to determine if MB could be that guy.  I don't think you can make that determination with him riding buses on a sh!t team.  Figure out a way to give him a high number of games at the NHL level from here on out this season.  Then you would know you know or at least have a good idea if he maybe the guy.  I get the Devils may very well be a sh!tshow from here on out but I have blind faith that the leadership in the org can sort out his value even when playing on a sh!t NHL team.  I don't think the kid is going to crumble and cry postgame when he loses.  If he does he's not the right guy. 

I don’t disagree. But, it’s not our $6m. It’s an easier decision for us. 

Also, KK makes us cry, he might as well cry himself. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

All good just frustrated and am hoping they at least have a plan for a # 1 next season and it's not pinning their hopes on MB without a much bigger sample than they have now.  Not like they have cap space to burn. I mean they can't let the guy suck ass at the NHL level for the next 3 seasons, can they?

3 hours ago, titans04 said:

if you can get a #1 in the offseason you get him. Then if you have a problem with 2 guys being able to be #1. That gives you a good problem and potential assets to trade.

With the state of the team, anything we can get "for free" (as in not homegrown) you get it cause you can always get what you need internally or on the market, but if you have tradeable assets then it gives you some flexibility

16 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

See this clip is exactly why I DON'T want Blackwood anywhere near this mess the rest of the season, especially now that the selloff and resting guys with injuries has begun.  I heard about this Keith clip but thought people were exaggerating...man that was tough to watch.  And although I haven't liked Keith's play this season, he at least accomplished something as a Devil last year that's worth remembering.  More than Cory has in his whole Devil tenure to be honest.

C'mon, Cory's first three seasons as the Devils #1 goalie were very good.  They were just wasted on largely rotten teams.  Not his fault. 

Bad news is those years are looking more and more like the absolute best that the Devils will ever get from Cory.  And as we've seen, it's not even like he's been "acceptably" bad since his fine start last year...he's been "How can we actually play this guy and expect nothing less than absolute disaster?" awful.  I have no idea how the Devils even begin to ever get something out of him over the next three seasons. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Really is amazing how completely to sh!t both KK's and Cory's goaltending has gone.  KK's genuine "I truly have no answers" tears sum it all up perfectly.  You had a guy in Cory who was a terrific puck-stopper as recently as the first 2.5 months of the 2017-18 season, and you had a guy in KK who stepped up in a pinch so much that he was probably starting to think that maybe he could be a #1 somewhere...and after the first four games of this season (and even through 11/21, he'd put up a respectable .916 save%), he was likely feeling even better about such a possibility...at the very least, he'd assembled a nice resume as a decent backup who could give you 25-30 games any given season.  And it's all just fallen apart, in spectacular, mind-numbing, retina-searing fashion.  KK's semi-meltdown is one of the more human moments I've seen from a pro athlete in a long time...and on that level, strictly as one human being watching another one unable to fight back bewildered tears, I feel for the guy.  Doesn't mean I want to keep seeing more of this, and I do think it's time for the Devils to move on from him either before the deadline or at season's end, but I feel badly for him. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Really is amazing how completely to sh!t both KK's and Cory's goaltending has gone.  KK's genuine "I truly have no answers" tears sum it all up perfectly.  You had a guy in Cory who was a terrific puck-stopper as recently as the first 2.5 months of the 2017-18 season, and you had a guy in KK who stepped up in a pinch so much that he was probably starting to think that maybe he could be a #1 somewhere...and after the first four games of this season (and even through 11/21, he'd put up a respectable .916 save%), he was likely feeling even better about such a possibility...at the very least, he'd assembled a nice resume as a decent backup who could give you 25-30 games any given season.  And it's all just fallen apart, in spectacular, mind-numbing, retina-searing fashion.  KK's semi-meltdown is one of the more human moments I've seen from a pro athlete in a long time...and on that level, strictly as one human being watching another one unable to fight back bewildered tears, I feel for the guy.  Doesn't mean I want to keep seeing more of this, and I do think it's time for the Devils to move on from him either before the deadline or at season's end, but I feel badly for him. 

Maybe time to replace Melanson? 

Also, agree about feeling bad for KK after watching that. 

What a mess. So disappointing after the tease of last year. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Our current issue is we have two guys who play like #2. 

which may get us a dude who can play like a top line guy

gotta focus on the positive pal lol 

Let's remember that without schneider. We might have McDavid/Eichel/Matthews or Laine right now.... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And I'm supposed to focus on the positive? That's literally something negative we can do nothing about lol. 

haha the positive here is that there's high potential of getting something good out of them sucking this season.

I mean seriously. We need assets to rebuild. 100%. What good would it be that we somehow make another overachieving run, lose in the first round and get a mid first round pick like McLeod which is after a big drop in talent. Not much good come out of it except a quick fix for fans who can't handle the team losing. Gotta trust the process and we started from soooooo damn low that it's going to be a long process

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Let's remember that without schneider. We might have McDavid/Eichel/Matthews or Laine right now.... 

also probably wouldn't have nico or hall.

changes everything - there's no telling what that would have lead to so no point even worrying about it. 

but I agree, we should be focusing on hoping for the best odds for dem lotto balls

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Not to mention Bo Horvat, although we might just as easily have drafted Valeri Nichushkin instead and he didn't turn out that great for Dallas anyhow....