Sign in to follow this  
Devil Dan 56

Boyle to Nashville

Damn, a 2nd rounder is a pretty solid return. Thanks to Boyle for his service. One of the nicest guys in the league, his story is also incredible. Good continuation to him. He must be ecstatic about going to a contender.

• Like 6

Damn, I'll miss him but a 2nd rounder is a nice return danggg .

• Like 2

Neutralizes the second round pick we gave up for Miguel Grubneer last year. 

I've been pretty vocal about loving Boyle the person and hating Boyle the player. This makes be extremely happy. 

• Like 5

Love Brian Boyle! I hope we resign him, cuz why not. Good luck to him, Go win the CUp!

• Like 2

No complaints...Devils clearly aren't trying to make anything happen to improve the team in 2018-19 (not really implying that they should...don't think there was any in-season move to be made that was going to drastically improve the fortunes of this year's team), and there's guys who are now very much expendable. 

A second-rounder is a very nice return...get the feeling Shero will package that with another pick or two (in the offseason) to get a solid player for seemingly "nothing".  Hopefully he has better luck than he's recently had with that kind of move (MoJo, Mueller, etc). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Good for him. Would love to bring him back if they don’t re-sign him. 

• Like 4

Just now, HellOnICE said:

Love Brian Boyle! I hope we resign him, cuz why not. Good luck to him, Go win the CUp!

This wouldn't surprise me at all.  Shero really seems to like him a lot. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Neutralizes the second round pick we gave up for Miguel Grubneer last year. 

I've been pretty vocal about loving Boyle the person and hating Boyle the player. This makes be extremely happy. 

Really don't know what else you expected out of a 4th liner. 

• Like 3

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I just didn't like him taking ice-time away from the future generational talents on the team. You know, the Blake "Massive Wrench" Speers' and the Brandon "Gretzky" Gignac's of the world. 

In all seriousness, I didn't expect much more. I wish he won more faceoffs I guess? It bugged me seeing how slow he as, how physically outmatched he was against guys that were two-feet and a hundred pounds smaller than he was. He was having a nice season this year, for sure. And his fight thingy against Sergachev and Tampa last year was cool. I don't wish anything bad on him, I'm just not losing sleep because he's gone. 

• Like 2

Good deal. Good luck BB. Hope you get to raise that Cup.

• Like 4

Hope Shero turns this second round draft pick into a hockey player, and not into a Grabner or Mueller. 

• Like 2

Sad to see him go because he's been great, but that's an awesome return. Not to mention (ugh, tampering) that he may very well return as he is UFA on July 1.

• Like 2

Pretty damn happy about this return.

Now get us a 2nd+ for Mojo, Shero.

17 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I wonder if that was discussed prior to the trade - his family, doctors, etc. are all located here.

Would be surprised if he uproots his family to move somewhere else full time.

• Like 2

Great deal... Like I said in the other thread I like Brian Boyle the person but I don't like and have never liked Brian Boyle the hockey player. A guy his size who barely ever uses it and gets pushed off the puck way too easy. 

25 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Thanks big guy, have fun. 

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Great deal... Like I said in the other thread I like Brian Boyle the person but I don't like and have never liked Brian Boyle the hockey player. A guy his size who barely ever uses it and gets pushed off the puck way too easy. 

Yea he's been terrible and ineffective...4th on team in goals, PK ranked high, 50.4% in faceoffs 

This is a terrific return...   I would have been happy with a 3rd.

Just now, HellOnICE said:

Yea he's been terrible and ineffective...4th on team in goals, PK ranked high, 50.4% in faceoffs 

People are ridiculously stupid about Boyle. He overperformed the entire time he was here, and did so while overcoming cancer. If you don't see that, you have no fvcking idea what you are talking about. 

Just now, aylbert said:

This is a terrific return...   I would have been happy with a 3rd.

Now the question is...what is Johansson worth? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HellOnICE said:

Doesn't account for all the bad passes he makes and awful turnovers. He was a - 9 last year when the team didn't suck. 4th on an awful team with 13 goals when he's getting more ice time then he should be is whatever. 

The PK as a unit has been great and he was good at faceoffs. Still avoids contact the majority of the time and gets knocked off the puck way too easily. 

I'm not saying he underperformed when he was here. I never liked him to begin with and seeing him for 1.5 seasons didn't change my mind. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Now the question is...what is Johansson worth? 

Hopefully there is a sucker out there that wants damaged goods. 

Really sad to see him go, when we picked him up I hated the move, but he has done all he has been asked of and more under some terrible circumstances. He also comes across as a great guy and a great team guy. 

He will be a big miss for the rest of the year, he's 4th on the team I goals. Although that might say a bit more about the state of this team than anything. 

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Really sad to see him go, when we picked him up I hated the move, but he has done all he has been asked of and more under some terrible circumstances. He also comes across as a great guy and a great team guy. 

He will be a big miss for the rest of the year, he's 4th on the team I goals. Although that might say a bit more about the state of this team than anything. 

Every team in the league would take a 4th liner with 13 goals. There’s a reason a contender like Nashville wants him.