Boyle to Nashville

Devil Dan 56

No complaints...Devils clearly aren't trying to make anything happen to improve the team in 2018-19 (not really implying that they should...don't think there was any in-season move to be made that was going to drastically improve the fortunes of this year's team), and there's guys who are now very much expendable. 

A second-rounder is a very nice return...get the feeling Shero will package that with another pick or two (in the offseason) to get a solid player for seemingly "nothing".  Hopefully he has better luck than he's recently had with that kind of move (MoJo, Mueller, etc). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Just now, HellOnICE said:

Love Brian Boyle! I hope we resign him, cuz why not. Good luck to him, Go win the CUp!

This wouldn't surprise me at all.  Shero really seems to like him a lot. 

• Like 2

Pretty damn happy about this return.

Now get us a 2nd+ for Mojo, Shero.

17 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Love Brian Boyle! I hope we resign him, cuz why not. Good luck to him, Go win the CUp!

I wonder if that was discussed prior to the trade - his family, doctors, etc. are all located here.

Would be surprised if he uproots his family to move somewhere else full time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Great deal... Like I said in the other thread I like Brian Boyle the person but I don't like and have never liked Brian Boyle the hockey player. A guy his size who barely ever uses it and gets pushed off the puck way too easy. 

Yea he's been terrible and ineffective...4th on team in goals, PK ranked high, 50.4% in faceoffs 

Just now, HellOnICE said:

Yea he's been terrible and ineffective...4th on team in goals, PK ranked high, 50.4% in faceoffs 

People are ridiculously stupid about Boyle. He overperformed the entire time he was here, and did so while overcoming cancer. If you don't see that, you have no fvcking idea what you are talking about. 

Just now, aylbert said:

This is a terrific return...   I would have been happy with a 3rd.

Now the question is...what is Johansson worth? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HellOnICE said:

Doesn't account for all the bad passes he makes and awful turnovers. He was a - 9 last year when the team didn't suck. 4th on an awful team with 13 goals when he's getting more ice time then he should be is whatever. 

The PK as a unit has been great and he was good at faceoffs. Still avoids contact the majority of the time and gets knocked off the puck way too easily. 

I'm not saying he underperformed when he was here. I never liked him to begin with and seeing him for 1.5 seasons didn't change my mind. 

Really sad to see him go, when we picked him up I hated the move, but he has done all he has been asked of and more under some terrible circumstances. He also comes across as a great guy and a great team guy. 

He will be a big miss for the rest of the year, he's 4th on the team I goals. Although that might say a bit more about the state of this team than anything. 

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Really sad to see him go, when we picked him up I hated the move, but he has done all he has been asked of and more under some terrible circumstances. He also comes across as a great guy and a great team guy. 

He will be a big miss for the rest of the year, he's 4th on the team I goals. Although that might say a bit more about the state of this team than anything. 

Every team in the league would take a 4th liner with 13 goals. There’s a reason a contender like Nashville wants him. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Every team in the league would take a 4th liner with 13 goals. There’s a reason a contender like Nashville wants him. 

Yup. Let's see, he gets paid nothing, he scores more than he should, he's great at face-offs, and he's a great guy by all accounts. Who wouldn't want that guy??

• Like 5

Just now, Nicomo said:

Oh I know, that really wasn't meant to sound as much of a dig at him as it was more my surprise and how unexpected it is that he is putting up those numbers.  

1. Boyle was a great Devil on and especially off the ice. Would not be surprised to see him back here next year.

2. I'd call up mcleod and just give him 4th line center duties for the rest of the season.

3. I think it really might be a good year for sellers especially cause every team in the western conference is in the playoff race.....

• Like 2