Boyle to Nashville

Devil Dan 56

Good return for Boyle, and although I've had my complaints and gripes about him, I'm sad to see him go.  He definitely overachieved while he was here, and I think he'll be valuable to Nashville in the playoffs.  Good luck to him.  Depending on what else shakes out with our team, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back next year, but the circumstances have to be right.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

1. Boyle was a great Devil on and especially off the ice. Would not be surprised to see him back here next year.

2. I'd call up mcleod and just give him 4th line center duties for the rest of the season.

3. I think it really might be a good year for sellers especially cause every team in the western conference is in the playoff race.....

Judging by Mcleod's last cup of coffee with us, HE said he needs to go down , get stronger, & learn pro game. Then again i don't want to keep Gabriel around either.  Lappin? Q? Bastian? Gignac (think he's been having a good year)

3 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Judging by Mcleod's last cup of coffee with us, HE said he needs to go down , get stronger, & learn pro game. Then again i don't want to keep Gabriel around either.  Lappin? Q? Bastian? Gignac (think he's been having a good year)

Wouldn’t mind seeing Spears come up. He was a tough cut in camp, IRCC..

4 hours ago, NLinfante said:

Sad to see him go because he's been great, but that's an awesome return. Not to mention (ugh, tampering) that he may very well return as he is UFA on July 1.

Would also love to have him back next year...with the IMPROVED Devils team. Good luck Brian. Enjoy the playoffs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I feel like we always say stuff like this and it never happens. Weren’t we supposed to get Henrique back also?

I think there was a quote somewhere from ray telling him in a conversation that they had..something along the lines of " I've been know to bring back players that have played for me in the past" 

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I think there was a quote somewhere from ray telling him in a conversation that they had..something along the lines of " I've been know to bring back players that have played for me in the past" 

I for one hope it happens. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I feel like we always say stuff like this and it never happens. Weren’t we supposed to get Henrique back also?

In fairness, that was a group of fans who made Henrique out to be way more memorable than he really was, due to couple of very timely goals, and the fact that he was one of the better players the Devils had through a series of rough seasons.  He's as ordinary as they come, and starting next season, he's going to be (over)paid pretty handsomely for it for the next five years.  I don't think Shero would've been interested in bringing him back, had he not re-upped with the Ducks.

I do think Shero would have interest in bringing Boyle back on another two-year deal...doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen, but it won't shock me in the slightest if it does.

38 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In fairness, that was a group of fans who made Henrique out to be way more memorable than he really was... 

Sometimes fan just like a player. It isn't because they're making them out to be something they weren't or remembering things incorrectly and over inflating events. Henrique was a fan favorite not just for what he did in the ice, but also how he embraced the fans, the team, the culture, and living in New Jersey. 

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Sometimes fan just like a player. It isn't because they're making them out to be something they weren't or remembering things incorrectly and over inflating events. Henrique was a fan favorite not just for what he did in the ice, but also how he embraced the fans, the team, the culture, and living in New Jersey. 

No, I definitely get that (fans latching onto a particular player, whether he's a star or not), but the balance of his career here wasn't so special that there should have been much pining for wanting him back (or acting like it was some major travesty that he was traded...some fans were definitely doing that).

• Like 2