Sign in to follow this  
Devil Dan 56

Boyle to Nashville

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Every team in the league would take a 4th liner with 13 goals. There’s a reason a contender like Nashville wants him. 

Yup. Let's see, he gets paid nothing, he scores more than he should, he's great at face-offs, and he's a great guy by all accounts. Who wouldn't want that guy??

• Like 5

Just now, Nicomo said:

Every team in the league would take a 4th liner with 13 goals. There’s a reason a contender like Nashville wants him. 

Oh I know, that really wasn't meant to sound as much of a dig at him as it was more my surprise and how unexpected it is that he is putting up those numbers.  

1. Boyle was a great Devil on and especially off the ice. Would not be surprised to see him back here next year.

2. I'd call up mcleod and just give him 4th line center duties for the rest of the season.

3. I think it really might be a good year for sellers especially cause every team in the western conference is in the playoff race.....

• Like 2

Good return for Boyle, and although I've had my complaints and gripes about him, I'm sad to see him go.  He definitely overachieved while he was here, and I think he'll be valuable to Nashville in the playoffs.  Good luck to him.  Depending on what else shakes out with our team, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back next year, but the circumstances have to be right.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

1. Boyle was a great Devil on and especially off the ice. Would not be surprised to see him back here next year.

2. I'd call up mcleod and just give him 4th line center duties for the rest of the season.

3. I think it really might be a good year for sellers especially cause every team in the western conference is in the playoff race.....

Judging by Mcleod's last cup of coffee with us, HE said he needs to go down , get stronger, & learn pro game. Then again i don't want to keep Gabriel around either.  Lappin? Q? Bastian? Gignac (think he's been having a good year)

3 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Judging by Mcleod's last cup of coffee with us, HE said he needs to go down , get stronger, & learn pro game. Then again i don't want to keep Gabriel around either.  Lappin? Q? Bastian? Gignac (think he's been having a good year)

Wouldn’t mind seeing Spears come up. He was a tough cut in camp, IRCC..

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Now the question is...what is Johansson worth? 

I dunno man, vegetables are pretty expensive in my area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I dunno man, vegetables are pretty expensive in my area.

I thought lemons were considered fruits?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

He's been out/injured & he's having a(nother) bad year fwiw. 

ETA: Best of luck to Boyler! 

Edited by LittleBallofHate

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I think that was actually the 2017 camp...Don't remember him sniffing the roster this year. 

4 hours ago, NLinfante said:

Sad to see him go because he's been great, but that's an awesome return. Not to mention (ugh, tampering) that he may very well return as he is UFA on July 1.

Would also love to have him back next year...with the IMPROVED Devils team. Good luck Brian. Enjoy the playoffs.

• Like 1

he was a very solid 4th line guy for us. hopefully they can re sign him in the offseason 

10 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

he was a very solid 4th line guy for us. hopefully they can re sign him in the offseason 

I feel like we always say stuff like this and it never happens. Weren’t we supposed to get Henrique back also?

Good return. 

I think people will be disappointed with Johansson's return if they think he will match or even exceed Boyle's.

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I feel like we always say stuff like this and it never happens. Weren’t we supposed to get Henrique back also?

I think there was a quote somewhere from ray telling him in a conversation that they had..something along the lines of " I've been know to bring back players that have played for me in the past" 

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I think there was a quote somewhere from ray telling him in a conversation that they had..something along the lines of " I've been know to bring back players that have played for me in the past" 

I for one hope it happens. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I for one hope it happens. 

that was with Henrique not Boyle .. but Im with you, I hope Boyle ends up back here on a short contract as well.

and hes picked up the cup before so good vet presence for Nashville whos trying to... and even more size for nashville, they are a big team.

29 minutes ago, lazer said:

and hes picked up the cup before so good vet presence for Nashville whos trying to... and even more size for nashville, they are a big team.

Not saying it was a bad move for Nashville, I totally get why they did it.

• Like 1

Apparently Nashville was having issues on the PP and wanted a big body in front of the goal.. most were expecting simmonds...  best of luck big guy, he had a few big goals for us...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steadevils said:

I think that was actually the 2017 camp...Don't remember him sniffing the roster this year. 

The mini series I thought made it seem more promising, oh well