Sign in to follow this  
Neb00rs

Devils Survivor 2018-19 (Trade Deadline Thread)

Unfortunately this year Devils Survivor isn't a fictional game we play in the offseason. We most likely will trade another 1-3 players before the Feb. 25th trade deadline. The goal should be to get prospects and draft picks. So which players should be traded either now or after the season?

In my mind the following players are all possible trade bait:

Travis Zajac

Kyle Palmieri

Taylor Hall

Blake Coleman

Pavel Zacha

Marcus Johansson (Upcoming UFA)

Miles Wood

Joseph Anderson

Stefan Noesen

Andy Greene

Steven Santini

Mirco Mueller

Ben Lovejoy

Keith Kinkaid (Upcoming UFA)

Keepers:

Nico Hischier

Jesper Bratt

Damon Severson

Will Butcher

Sami Vatanen

Irrelevant:

Drew Stafford (Upcoming UFA)

Brett Seney

Kevin Rooney

Kurtis Gabriel (Upcoming UFA)

Egor Yakovlev (Upcoming UFA)

Eric Gryba (Upcoming UFA)

Cory Schneider

Gone (from start of season):

Brian Boyle

J.S. Dea

Edited by Neb00rs

No way Pickles gets moved IMO, add him to the keepers. 

• Like 1

No way Hall is being traded this season, 0 chance. I also don't see Zajac, Palmieri, Coleman, Zacha and Anderson being traded. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

I bet someone would trade for Yakovlev. I’d rather not, though.

Agree Coleman is going nowhere. Also an injured Taylor Hall will only be traded if he’s healthy enough to return this year, and if he refuses an extension (in principle since it can’t yet be offered). 

I would be shocked beyond belief if Zajac or Greene are moved. Kinkaid too, but for a different reason. 

Mom also not sure Bratt is on my “keepers” list at this point. I might listen to some offers on him. 

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

No way Hall is being traded this season, 0 chance. I also don't see Zajac, Palmieri, Coleman and Zacha being traded. 

Yeah I’m not that lucky. 

I don't see any of Hall/Zajac/Palmieri/Coleman/Zacha getting traded.  Of that group, I don't want any of them to leave, although if Zacha was traded it wouldn't upset me.

I don't really see Wood getting moved after his contract this past season, and I really don't want Anderson traded either.  That would upset me - I think he has a lot of potential.  Can't see Greene going anywhere either.

Wouldn't surprise me if Stafford got dealt to a contender for a 4th or 5th rounder.  I don't really want Bratt to be traded, but it wouldn't kill me if he was either.  I think he has potential, but it's pretty clear he's still quite raw and I'm not sure we know what we have with him yet.

I feel like Butcher or Yakolev could be dealt, but I don't want to see that happen.

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

No way Pickles gets moved IMO, add him to the keepers. 

He's borderline for me. He's been one of our best players, especially given his contract but there's no reason he should be untouchable. He's 27 now and it's going to be awhile before the Devils are a contender. 

24 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

He's borderline for me. He's been one of our best players, especially given his contract but there's no reason he should be untouchable. He's 27 now and it's going to be awhile before the Devils are a contender. 

Not untouchable in the sense that if you were offered a deal you couldn't refuse then sure, essentially all players are on the table in that scenario. If the Pens were offered Crosby for McDavid they'd do it.  But Coleman's a guy that is part of the solution, not the problem, so in that respect he's not a player we should necessarily be trying to move, but rather just be open to listening to offers for him - if they come - and if they do, it has to be in a deal that's tilted in our favor.

Can't trade Coleman at this point, unless another team offers something stupid.

He's a core guy.

• Like 2