Brett Seney - Kevin Rooney - Kurtis Gabriel

Al Amrhein | For NJ Advance Media

DEFENSEMEN

Andy Greene - Damon Severson

Will Butcher - Ben Lovejoy

Mirco Mueller - Eric Gryba

Jim McIsaac | Getty Images

GOALIES

Starter: Cory Schneider (9 GP, 0-5-1, 4.66 GAA, .852 save percentage)

Backup: Keith Kinkaid

Edited by Jerzey

I can't stand Islander's fans. They have been just an obnoxious as the other clowns in blue when visiting our building the past bunch of seasons and I'm sure tonight will be even worse since they are actually good this season.

I would love nothing more then to see them get swept in the first round of the playoffs. fvck em. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

• Like 3

Lovejoy being in is fine because he's been fine for two years now and we gotta show that he isn't injured so we can get some sort of pick for him before the deadline.

Gryba being in is mind-blowingly stupid. I can't fathom why Santini or Yakovlev can't stay in over him. Both of them are at least question marks for the future whereas Gryba does not belong on an NHL roster. Oh well, hopefully Kurtis Gabriel remains in so we go full tank. 

I also cannot fathom why Kinkaid was given the cupcake game (which he promptly sh!t all over the ice for) while Schneider is just thrown to the wolves against a team we've been ass against for like 4 years straight now. Rooting for Cory to do well but my expectations are in the tank completely.

Adding to the excitement is the fact that I'm in Philly til 530 at work and since this team is not worth the drive to see... I'm not going, and the tickets still haven't sold. Anyone want to take my tickets and go watch this clusterfvck unfold in person?

Edited by Steven M.
just kidding on the tickets, my brother took them. what a sucker.

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

My deepest condolences to anyone who has to listen to this on the radio tonight. It'll be Boomer who likes hockey but is a Ranger fan, and Gio who has made no attempt to cover his non-excitement about hockey all week. 

I mentioned this in the Kings thread cause I heard Matt and Chico on the post game that those 2 will be covering the game tonight. Absolute joke that we are having that Rangers fan moron call the game tonight. I'm not even turning the post game show on tonight on the way home. I hope nobody listens. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

He was like 4-0 against the Kings before last game. That's the only reasoning that makes any sense but I still would have started Cory against them. 

I thought about that too... but you would think the logic would be let's try to get Cory rolling here instead of just trying to get meaningless wins, but yanno... I don't know.

I'm not a Hynes hater, nor am I a staunch defender of his, but some of these decisions are pretty perplexing though in the grand scheme of things I realize most of this stuff this season doesn't matter very much anyway.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I mentioned this in the Kings thread cause I heard Matt and Chico on the post game that those 2 will be covering the game tonight. Absolute joke that we are having that Rangers fan moron call the game tonight. I'm not even turning the post game show on tonight on the way home. I hope nobody listens. 

Well I'll give Boomer some credit for at least taking it seriously. They had an exchange like this Monday when they started talking about the 630 pre show tonight...

Boomer: "Well these are hockey fans, so we're gonna be talking hockey!"

Gio: " But it's the NBA trade deadline!!! What if Anthony Davis gets traded?!?"

Boomer: "But this will be hockey fans. What if Mitch Marner gets traded to the Islanders? That won't happen but that's what hockey fans are interested in."

Gio: " I don't know who that is."

Gio then referred to  the offsides and hockey rules as "all that non sense" and everyone else in the studio other than boomer made excuses not to go. 

And people wonder why hockey can't ever get a fair shake

Edited by Devil Dan 56

4 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The dreamer in me thinks this game could be a 4-2 win for us.  The realist in me thinks it will be a 4-0 loss, with two goals allowed in the first 10 minutes.

Predicting a 4-0 loss at this stage of the season is being an optimist.