Sign in to follow this  
Satans Hockey

GDT: Carolina at Devils at 3pm 2/10 - MSG

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Maybe the Caps would want him back.... I’ll take their 1 in a heartbeat. Or maybe straight up for Burakovsky. 

Is this tongue in cheek? 

A first round pick for a few months of Marcus Freaking Johansson? He cost us a 2nd round pick for 2 years,before he found the injury bug.

45 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Is this tongue in cheek? 

A first round pick for a few months of Marcus Freaking Johansson? He cost us a 2nd round pick for 2 years,before he found the injury bug.

Any team trading a 1 is going to be a contender with a late 1. It’s not as nuts as you make it out to be. Prices are usually higher at the deadline anyway.

Edited by MadDog2020

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Any team trading a 1 is going to be a contender with a late 1. It’s not as nuts as you make it out to be. Prices are usually higher at the deadline anyway.

He has thirteen goals in two seasons combined, marred by injuries and disappearing acts. Hell yes it’s as nuts as I make it out to be! 

Ill be thrilled if we get a second for him. I don’t think we will.

47 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Is this tongue in cheek? 

If he goes on a nice point streak over the next ten days, he very well could bring back a first rounder.  What will really help is the Rangers making a playoff push, as that would take Hayes and Zuccarello off the market.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

He has thirteen goals in two seasons combined, marred by injuries and disappearing acts. Hell yes it’s as nuts as I make it out to be! 

Ill be thrilled if we get a second for him. I don’t think we will.

There are always desperate GM’s. Never say never.

I think Johansson brings back a second at best, just like Boyle. Maybe if he played full seasons and didn’t have the concussion issues, perhaps then he would be worth a first. 

15 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’ll say it since everyone else seems to hate him now, good game by KK. 

I was kinda thinking the same thing.  I watched the highlights and that first goal there was literally 4 people in front of him, and on the second one it was a nice pass through our D on the PP, can't really fault him for that.  Pretty good game considering they had 35 shots total, and also by all accounts a pretty dominating second period too.  

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

There are always desperate GM’s. Never say never.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think Johansson brings back a second at best, just like Boyle. Maybe if he played full seasons and didn’t have the concussion issues, perhaps then he would be worth a first. 

I think it really depends how many other bodies will be available at the deadline (or if any of the contending teams see a key player suffer a serious injury).  I'd definitely be very pleasantly surprised if someone was desperate enough to cough up a first for MoJo, but I think a lot of other dominoes have to fall first.  I'd say there's a slight chance...maybe 15-20%.  But if MoJo can keep being reasonably productive (0.68 point per game average over his last 25 games), I think Shero has a pretty good shot at snagging a second-rounder.  There's definitely enough red flags with him that I'd be plenty happy with the Devils getting a second-rounder in return.  And it's those red flags that have me very tepid about bringing him back.  It's great that he's FINALLY putting up some numbers, but damn did we have to slog through a lot of injuries and start/stops to get here.   

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's great that he's FINALLY putting up some numbers, but damn did we have to slog through a lot of injuries and start/stops to get here.   

I just re-watched the second goal last night, and they should've given the goal to Bratt even though he didn't put it in. What an effort and what a pass, Johansson had no choice but to score there. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I just re-watched the second goal last night, and they should've given the goal to Bratt even though he didn't put it in. What an effort and what a pass, Johansson had no choice but to score there. 

Yeah, Bratt's pass was really great there, it was really on his tape.  To be fair, Mojo did fire that puck, but like you said when it's put that nicely on your stick, it's hard not to.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, titans04 said:

I have no confidence he can stay healthy for any extended period of time, They need to move him imo.

E.D. looked good in goal today.

He hasn't really missed much time this year, was never an injury liability in Washington, and last year went head first into the boards followed by a flying elbow from Marchand. 

It's not like we're talking about Ryane Clowe in the last few years of his career.

I do acknowledge that we will more than likely trade him, and the team receiving him would more than likely overpay. If we got a first of any sort I'd have to be happy. I'll miss him being a Devil though and always be a bit pissed off about how we squandered having him. Yeah, I understand he's not exactly Zach Parise who's going to grind it out and win those board battles or foot races every time, but his creativity and vision make him basically a poor man's Nicklas Backstrom. The difference being in Washington he had Evgeny Kuznetsov being on the receiving end of his dishes, here he has had Pavel Zacha or a Jesper Bratt that is still finding his way.

Even just seeing his chemistry now with Bratt as he develops into a better player has been awesome to watch... That third goal last night is probably the best one of the season aside from the two on none where Vatanen stopped it on the doorstep and Palmieri / Hall went the other way.

Hopefully it resolves one way or the other soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, Bratt's pass was really great there, it was really on his tape.  To be fair, Mojo did fire that puck, but like you said when it's put that nicely on your stick, it's hard not to.

It absolutely did require a hard, accurate shot, but he did have the entire net to shoot at due to that pass. 

His first goal was kind of a tap-in also. Something to be said for being in the right place at the right time, it's part of being a great player.  

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It absolutely did require a hard, accurate shot, but he did have the entire net to shoot at due to that pass. 

His first goal was kind of a tap-in also. Something to be said for being in the right place at the right time, it's part of being a great player.  

I remember a good bud of mine, this one time at a bar...another one of my friends was hooking up with a lovely young woman, who happened to have a lovely young woman friend (having already been married, I often got to watch scenes like this unfold with detached amusement).  The good bud had been drinking quite a bit and was definitely not making the most flattering spectacle of himself, but the lovely young woman friend liked him just enough that she told my other friend "As long as he stops talking and calms down a little, he's in."  Expect that the good bud decided to have another shot or three and was never able to quite reign himself in, despite reminders from the lovely young woman friend that all he had to do was NOT do drunken him, and he'd wake up a most happy man.  Unfortunately booze prevailed, and good bud went home alone and dejected, having missed out on what should have been an absolute sure thing.

MoJo could have definitely taught my bud a little something about not blowing a perfectly good opportunity after yesterday's game.  Well done Marcus! 

• Haha 1