Sign in to follow this  
lazer

GDT: Devils @ Minnesota 8:30 PM MSG+

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Nico is doing absolutely amazing and I couldn't be happier with him this year. He is the positive coming out of this year.

Bratt has been picking it up too. The two of them have been the big bright spots, but especially Nico. 

RECAP

• PROS
    • How do you spell relief?
      • C-O-R-Y
    • Seriously, great for Schneider
      • Dude deserved it.
    • Nico with 3 points.
    • Erika's fuzzy sweater
  • CONS
    • Kinkaid
  • Like 5

well... went to the movie theatre tnight.. checked the score before the movie.. it was 2-0... checked again later... 4-1... then while i was driving back my buddy texted me saying we won... i was like? what? fvck! (thinking we should tank)

But i got home and watched the highlights and everything. This was amazing. Even better that the winning goal was caused by Zach's sloppy play.

Great to see the boys rallying around Corey like that

• Like 4

Went to sleep at 4-1...not because they were losing yet again, but because I simply couldn’t keep my eyes open.  Can’t believe that they came back...and that Cory FINALLY got himself a win.  Happy for him...must be awesome to finally get King Kong off his back.

Nico through his first 54 games last season:  9 G, 22 A

Through his first 54 games this year:  17 G, 25 A.  And much of that accomplished without Hall in the lineup.  Palms has obviously done his usual solid job of putting pucks home, but Nico’s really been kind of the quiet unsung hero this year.  Love that he’s continued to develop, in spite of all that’s gone wrong.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 7

Have to confess I gave up watching at 4-1 and was amazed to wake up to a victory. That was the sort of never say die attitude they had last season. Nico is continuing to show what a really good player he is. Way to go Devils.

7 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Find someone who hugs you like that my friends.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=81d78ef55ffdb79b264320709_Screenshot(717).thumb.png.3db422eafe68ad5e496737e69e7d1210.png

I'd like nothing more than to see Schneider bounce back. He deserves it.

• Like 3

I didn't get a chance to watch after the first (travelling for work and the wifi is trash) so I missed the comeback but - wow, what a feel-good story.  Boys have to be feeling good about themselves right now.

• Like 1

since zacha was sent down for a few days early on hes been, break even to great even. 

without hall in, nico has held his own as always, last season to; he punches way above his weight...just a warrior

my thought was kink was gonna come in fresh and want to make up for the blues game but think thats also why hynes didnt start cory in st louis 

i like schneider but i hope he doesnt go on a run now this season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lazer said:

Ain't that the truth.

The last thing we need is for him to rattle off like 10 wins in his next 15 starts or something.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lazer said:

I know we want/need the highest pick possible but it wouldn't be the worst thing if Schneider looked great down the stretch and it just turned out that his recovery from the hip surgery took longer than a summer.  I know Blackwood looked good in NJ in a small sample size but we really have nothing at that position going forward right now short of putting all your eggs in the basket of a rookie who struggled terribly in the AHL last season.  Regardless, we're a long way from worrying about that.   Not a lot of pressure when you come in for a guy who just got pulled for being terrible and the team isn't playing for anything other than pride.           

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Ain't that the truth.

The last thing we need is for him to rattle off like 10 wins in his next 15 starts or something.

Yep. I love Cory, a lot... have been a huge defender of his until this season where I have been pretty much just conceding that he may be finished as a top quality goaltender (which is still possibly... probably? true) and man was I happy for him last night but at the same time... a conversation I definitely had with my brother who is going to the game with me Sunday.

(score 4-3 Wild)

ME: Okay, this is kinda perfect now because Cory has come in and looked good, we fought back, but hopefully the game ends with the score this way.

HIM: Why? I want him to get a win already.

ME: because at this point the L is still on Kinkaid's record, and Schneider will obviously start Sunday so I don't know if I can endorse this team winning two in a row... I'd be fine with the game ending the way it has with him feeling good about his performance and us hopefully pulling out a victory at home.

then Lovejoy scored and I threw that all out the window hoping for a W. but now I feel torn about wanting to see them win tomorrow in person... maybe we can get some favorable results today and feel less sh!tty if he picks up another W, lol.

• Like 1

So happy for Cory, finally got that 8 million pound gorilla off his back. He really deserved that win. 

Nico in OT is becoming clutch. Love it. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Missed this one altogether.  Happy for Cory but at the same time he can lose out the rest of the year,  praying they buy him out and let the Emoji Douche walk at the end of the season.  Neither is good enough imo.

6 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Missed this one altogether.  Happy for Cory but at the same time he can lose out the rest of the year,  praying they buy him out and let the Emoji Douche walk at the end of the season.  Neither is good enough imo.

Cory playing like he has since coming back could be a serviceable backup, but I don’t want to pay $6m a year for a guy who is merely “serviceable” and who you don’t know how he’ll play game to game. 

• Like 1