GDT: Penguins @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

36 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I mean...it seemed to me that it worked for Sullivan.

52 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m not anti-Hynes, but man every so often I’d like to see something other than that “passive anger” expression that seems to be engraved on his face.  Refs missed an obvious “too many men” call early...for once, lose your fvcking sh!t, even if it won’t necessarily make any great difference.  Would be a nice switch.  

What's the point? He's got an extension.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m not anti-Hynes, but man every so often I’d like to see something other than that “passive anger” expression that seems to be engraved on his face.  Refs missed an obvious “too many men” call early...for once, lose your fvcking sh!t, even if it won’t necessarily make any great difference.  Would be a nice switch.  

FDE3A27C-BED0-49F2-847D-2E460DFC3330.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not anti-Hynes either but he should have lost his sh!t on that final penalty call of the game. A little fire and angry passion wouldn't hurt once in a blue moon. 

I’m pretty sure everyone in the building lost their sh!t on that call EXCEPT Hynes.

9 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

So maybe you guys with a better memory than me remember this but i didn't realize he almost fell in 95 and that's why he "fell" tonight lol great actor, give him the Emmy cause he had me fooled lol skip to 1:45

I don’t believe it for a second, he was face down and 95% off the ice. You don’t fake fall face first. 

Plus I used to watch Seinfeld, he’s not that great of an actor. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t believe it for a second, he was face down and 95% off the ice. You don’t fake fall face first. 

Plus I used to watch Seinfeld, he’s not that great of an actor. 

I gotta be honest, I watched the video of the puck drop on my phone and I kept watching til the end and I'm glad I did because I was shocked to see him fall and it looked real to me at the time.  Seeing the video above I suppose it's possible he tried to re-create the same fall, and it'd be a pretty huge coincidence if he actually fell on accident AGAIN, but....I think that's actually what happened.  I think you're right - you don't typically fall on purpose face down like that.  Who knows though.

12 hours ago, Devs64 said:

I mean the fact we have beaten the pens three times in a row this year is hard to explain, but even this game with the depleted Devils roster could be much closer if Kink gave a sh.t.

Giving a sh!t is not Keith's problem...you don't have an emotional meltdown like he did if you don't care.  I think he cares plenty.  He might even care a little TOO much, to the point where he has now trouble shaking off tough goals.

This season for KK was very sadly about one thing:  him proving conclusively that, unfortunately, he is not and never will be a full-time starter in the NHL, on any level (not like he's had much help from his teammates, but he flat-out hasn't been good).  I'm sure with the way he finished last year in the regular season and the start he got off to this season, he was hoping to prove otherwise...was probably very excited about the opportunity.  It's gotta be brutally humbling to realize that wow, you really aren't good enough...when all is said and done, you really are "just" an average to pretty good backup.  KK won't even get poor man's #1 money this offseason, or even an opportunity to win a job like that via preseason games.  Even if he got the next two games and pitched two shutouts, what team would feel comfortable with adding him to its roster at the deadline, given how shaky the overall body of work has been this year?  He has an .873 save% in his last 24 GP...no one's signing up for that, not even as insurance (I'll be pleasantly shocked if someone does). 

He's human, and I'm sure this season is killing him...in a way he's a microcosm of both last year's team and this one...after a burst of promise and some excitement, he gets shoved right back into the suckbox.  He'll probably have to take a one-year deal somewhere, for about what he's making now.  2018-19 has been a disappointment for him in just about every way possible...as much as he doesn't WANT to feel this way, he likely feels as defeated and dejected as one can.  Not saying that he deserves gobs and gobs of sympathy, but I do feel for him.  He came into this season with some dreams that have truly become complete nightmares. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I gotta be honest, I watched the video of the puck drop on my phone and I kept watching til the end and I'm glad I did because I was shocked to see him fall and it looked real to me at the time.  Seeing the video above I suppose it's possible he tried to re-create the same fall, and it'd be a pretty huge coincidence if he actually fell on accident AGAIN, but....I think that's actually what happened.  I think you're right - you don't typically fall on purpose face down like that.  Who knows though.

Fake falling that way would require him to "catch" himself with his hands, which could result in a scaphoid fracture, especially given his age and his size. That's why if he was fake falling, it would've been toward the side, so he could roll and not get hurt. 

Also, what you cannot see in that video clip is that after the fall, the carpet runner was all bunched up and out of place in that area on the ice. It obviously slipped out from under him, causing the fall. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Fake falling that way would require him to "catch" himself with his hands, which could result in a scaphoid fracture, especially given his age and his size. That's why if he was fake falling, it would've been toward the side, so he could roll and not get hurt. 

Also, what you cannot see in that video clip is that after the fall, the carpet runner was all bunched up and out of place in that area on the ice. It obviously slipped out from under him, causing the fall. 

Yeah this definitely shows that looked like an accident lol I'm glad he's ok though... 

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Giving a sh!t is not Keith's problem...you don't have an emotional meltdown like he did if you don't care.  I think he cares plenty.  He might even care a little TOO much, to the point where he has now trouble shaking off tough goals.

This season for KK was very sadly about one thing:  him proving conclusively that, unfortunately, he is not and never will be a full-time starter in the NHL, on any level (not like he's had much help from his teammates, but he flat-out hasn't been good).  I'm sure with the way he finished last year in the regular season and the start he got off to this season, he was hoping to prove otherwise...was probably very excited about the opportunity.  It's gotta be brutally humbling to realize that wow, you really aren't good enough...when all is said and done, you really are "just" an average to pretty good backup.  KK won't even get poor man's #1 money this offseason, or even an opportunity to win a job like that via preseason games.  Even if he got the next two games and pitched two shutouts, what team would feel comfortable with adding him to its roster at the deadline, given how shaky the overall body of work has been this year?  He has an .873 save% in his last 24 GP...no one's signing up for that, not even as insurance (I'll be pleasantly shocked if someone does). 

He's human, and I'm sure this season is killing him...in a way he's a microcosm of both last year's team and this one...after a burst of promise and some excitement, he gets shoved right back into the suckbox.  He'll probably have to take a one-year deal somewhere, for about what he's making now.  2018-19 has been a disappointment for him in just about every way possible...as much as he doesn't WANT to feel this way, he likely feels as defeated and dejected as one can.  Not saying that he deserves gobs and gobs of sympathy, but I do feel for him.  He came into this season with some dreams that have truly become complete nightmares. 

Good stuff here CR.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He might like us to believe that it was intentional, but it doesn't look that way to me whatsoever. 

6 hours ago, Crisis said:

What if he intentionally pushed the carpet out to create and better sell the fall?

6 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

#PuddyGate

I think you were all at the game, but during the intermission, he flat out said it wasn’t intentional. Erika even tried to give him an out asking if it was homage to 95 and he said he wasn’t that good of an actor and he just fell, lol

18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I think you were all at the game, but during the intermission, he flat out said it wasn’t intentional. Erika even tried to give him an out asking if it was homage to 95 and he said he wasn’t that good of an actor and he just fell, lol

Isn't that what a good actor would want you to think though? 🤔

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Haha 1