GDT - Devils vs Senators 2/21/19 7:00 PM

NJDfan1711

16 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Kenny adds nothing to the broadcast. He rambles and when he is talking about the game he adds no insight. He just describes what is going on in the replay, sometimes not even as well as we can see at home. 

Did Dano just say Dusty Rhodes beat the devils in the playoffs?

I mean sure it’s easy to confuse him with Damien Rhodes, you know one being a hockey player and the other being a wrestler...

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

And Kenny was there for that debacle of a playoff series.

Is Lalieme the other answer for the two sens goalies who’ve beaten the devils in the post season?

EDIT: Rhodes (98) and Emery (07). The infamous Julien to Lou year...

Edited by jagknife

9 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

If the Sens get the top pick it's Colorado's. And that makes me want to vomit. I really cant stand the Avs ever since we lost to them in 2000 or whenever that was. 

I hate them too. Adam Foote was always one of my most hated players. Almost got into it with an Avs fan in Columbus last year. Was there seeing the Devils play the Jackets and this douche was wearing an Avs jersey, and every time we’d get scored on (we lost 6-1) he’d turn around and make stupid fvcking gestures at me. Wanted to throw him over the railing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Is Lalieme the other answer for the two sens goalies who’ve beaten the devils in the post season?

EDIT: Rhodes (98) and Emery (07). The infamous Julien to Lou year...

Yep, the last year in the Meadowlands.... I was at what turned out to be the last game ever at CAA, game 5 against Ottawa. That was in 2007. I can’t believe that was 12 years ago lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Did Dano just say Dusty Rhodes beat the devils in the playoffs?

I mean sure it’s easy to confuse him with Damien Rhodes, you know one being a hockey player and the other being a wrestler...

Haha he did say Dusty Rhodes. Could've been worse, he could've said Randy Rhoads.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

The 1998 Ottawa loss was worse. We were 25 points better during the season. Then the playoffs started and our offense made a hero of Damian Rhodes. Alfredsson killed us in both series, I'm sure.

I'll always remember losing in OT on a goal by Bruce Gardiner of all people.

That was a brutal series. Beating them in 2003 more than made up for it though. 

• Like 2

Congrats Cory...we all know you’ve gone through pure hell and back to get here...

Wow crowd really supporting him...like it

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Congrats Cory...we all know you’ve gone through pure hell and back to get here...

Wow crowd really supporting him...like it

He's such a good guy and I find him extremely likeable that I find it really easy to root for him. He has never thrown his teammates under the bus when he easily could of too. I'm just happy he's finally looking like the Cory of old. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

He's such a good guy and I find him extremely likeable that I find it really easy to root for him. He has never thrown his teammates under the bus when he easily could of too. I'm just happy he's finally looking like the Cory of old. 

His teammates genuinely seem to love him.  Gabriel just spoke of him in uber-glowing terms.

• Like 2

And in “Can this season get any kookier?!”...Cory just passed KK in save%.  Cory up to .893.

• Like 4

Really fun game to be at.

To the extent seeing a Zacha goal is like seeing a Bigfoot riding a unicorn, a Gabriel goal is like seeing that and they are both swimming away from the Loch Ness Monster. It’s late but I’ll never have the chance to use this again:

46237422624_d3ccebe19b_b.jpg

And yes, a shutout for Mr. Cornelius Franklin Schneider, who woulda thunk it. 

In a battle between two teams that suck, one team managed to suck a lot less than the other. Great win and thanks for the great evening, boys. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I hate them too. Adam Foote was always one of my most hated players. Almost got into it with an Avs fan in Columbus last year. Was there seeing the Devils play the Jackets and this douche was wearing an Avs jersey, and every time we’d get scored on (we lost 6-1) he’d turn around and make stupid fvcking gestures at me. Wanted to throw him over the railing. 

I'm with you on that. I hated their entire team that year, Foote, Sakic, Bourque, Ricci, Drury,  Hinote and still do. F Alex Kerfoot while we're at it and F Jack Hughes if he goes there. 

• Like 2