GDT - Devils vs Senators 2/21/19 7:00 PM

NJDfan1711

21 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The way Dano talks with the...awkward pauses in his sentences drives me...nuts Cangy.

Yeah, doesn’t really to be growing into the job.  Always sounds just a bit awkward.  

3 more points and Zajac has 500 for his career.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Obligatory "Erika looks great" post.

I really enjoy her genuine charm and enthusiasm, even in a lost season such as this one.  Some people just have that (like Chico).  Not so sure that can be taught or learned (without seeming phony).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'll never actively root for the Devils to lose - CR summed it up best in one of those other threads.

But if there WAS a game where I was hoping the Devils came away empty handed... if I had to root against them for one night.. this would be the game.

When’s the last time a team got the #1OA pick from someone else? Or has it ever happened? 

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I really enjoy her genuine charm and enthusiasm, even in a lost season such as this one.  Some people just have that (like Chico).  Not so sure that can be taught or learned (without seeming phony).

Speaking of which, I would love to see Chico come back to TV. 

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

When’s the last time a team got the #1OA pick from someone else? Or has it ever happened? 

There’s a strong belief that Pittsburgh threw some games in 1983-84 to secure the first overall pick (everyone knew that it would be Mario of course).  There was one game in particular against the Devils where they dressed some real scrubs...I don’t remember all of the details, but I’ve read some stories about it.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There’s a strong belief that Pittsburgh threw some games in 1983-84 to secure the first overall pick (everyone knew that it would be Mario of course).  There was one game in particular against the Devils where they dressed some real scrubs...I don’t remember all of the details, but I’ve read some stories about it.

I think he meant more of how Colorado will have the first overall if Ottawa gets it

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I think he meant more of how Colorado will have the first overall if Ottawa gets it

Ah yeah gotcha, heh heh

• Haha 1

This feels like a “fatten up” kinda night.  Devils can win this 7-1 or something like that.  Sens are just too bereft of legit competitive talent tonight.

...now watch the Sens come back and win...which really wouldn’t be a loss for the Devils...

Oh now the refs notice too many men...of course...

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Agostino has not impressed the last couple games.

Warm body