Lovejoy to the Stars

mikemarc1

I’ll take it. I thought we’d get a 4th at best for Lovejoy.

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Fantastic return and that’s just the 3rd. I'm not familiar with Carrick. Thank you, reverend. 

Carrick is basically Lovejoy, just 10 years younger.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 4

Would love it if Ray could get a first for Johansson from the Isles even if it means throwing in someone else, like Quenneville, and even if the first is lottery protected.  Could move up a good three or four spots from there if we give up our second, and will still have Nashville’s and the two thirds.

23 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Five picks in the first three rounds now. Nice Shero, crack the whip on those scouts so they are good picks!

Agreed.  No use in having picks in the draft when we end up picking up players that are nothing more than glorified high school players.

NHL people seem to think Ray is going to turn these surplus picks into a top-6 forward a la MoJo/Palmieri. They shouldn't. Devils aren't going to be ready to win anytime soon. Use the picks to trade up in the second round. Right now we have Nashville's 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

NHL people seem to think Ray is going to turn these surplus picks into a top-6 forward a la MoJo/Palmieri. They shouldn't. Devils aren't going to be ready to win anytime soon. Use the picks to trade up in the second round. Right now we have Nashville's 2nd round pick.

He made those trades when the Devils' rosters appeared far worse than they do now.  

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

He made those trades when the Devils' rosters appeared far worse than they do now.  

True. Yeah, there's a small probability that with a bunch of things going right the Devils could be competitive soon if they keep the team together. That's why I'm not going to be up in arms if they don't blow up their roster, keeping only the youth. But if they make moves to improve in the short term, in all likelihood we're looking at a bunch of first and second round exits at best before Hall finds himself slowing down. If the Devils want to give themselves the best chance to build a team to win it all we are going to need some more high first round picks, being that we have failed so miserably in the draft through the years we've sucked so far. High second round picks are welcome too.

32 minutes ago, Triumph said:

There very well might be players better than Palmieri/Johansson available that the Devils can obtain for only cap space that, for all intents and purposes, they will have more of than any team in the league.

He was never that good, but at the same time he wasn't really bad. He always spoke about enjoying being a Devil and being part of the organisation. So I wish him well. 

He is one of those players I can see Ray Bringing back at some point though. 

• Confused 1