Kinkaid Trade Bait

Devils01

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think trading KK increases the odds of getting Hughes; probably the reverse is true, actually. 

Not happening anyway. Colorado will have the 1st pick barring something crazy happening. 

I’m plenty fine with getting Kakko though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Not happening anyway. Colorado will have the 1st pick barring something crazy happening. 

I’m plenty fine with getting Kakko though...

The way the lottery is set up, Colorado is definitely not guaranteed the first pick. They will have the best chance but still not gonna be 100%. Last year the Sabres had the worst record and only an 18.5% chance. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i'd be bummed to see Kinkaid go honestly. Maybe not for his play but for his personality. looks like he's a great teammate

I definitely like the guy. He’s got a screw lose but most goalies do. But his play has been hot garbage this year. I’d rather see Schneider and Blackwood at this point. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i'd be bummed to see Kinkaid go honestly. Maybe not for his play but for his personality. looks like he's a great teammate

I feel the same way. He seems to be excellent in the locker room and he really cares. But there's no way to move that Cory contract at the moment and Mac has shown he'll be pushing for a spot next season. 

KK is a goner this off season so if Shero can get anything it would be great. I feel like he will re-sign Lack or another goalie like that for insurance next year

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I definitely like the guy. He’s got a screw lose but most goalies do. But his play has been hot garbage this year. I’d rather see Schneider and Blackwood at this point. 

If we're just going through the motions for the rest of the year, do we want to bring Blackwood back up to this situation minus Boyle, MoJo, Lovejoy, Hall and Vatanen?    I think we just ride it out with KK and Schneider and pick top 6-7 at worst.   At this point, are we getting anything more than future considerations for him?       

Edited by Lateralous

35 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

If we're just going through the motions for the rest of the year, do we want to bring Blackwood back up to this situation minus Boyle, MoJo, Lovejoy, Hall and Vatanen?    I think we just ride it out with KK and Schneider and pick top 6-7 at worst.   At this point, are we getting anything more than future considerations for him?       

No, I don’t want to see Blackwood now, you’re right. But, if you can get something for KK rather than getting nothing, then I would be ok with it. Otherwise I’m on board with your plan. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

No one in their right mind wants KK let alone any NHL level GM.  I have a terrible feeling we are stuck with this schmuck until the summer.  I guess he helps the tank which is good, but I really don't want to see that moron's face anymore near my favorite team.

I'll probably regret asking this, but tell me again why you hate this guy so much? lol  The way you go on and on about him makes it seem like he slept with your wife or something.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'll probably regret asking this, but tell me again why you hate this guy so much? lol  The way you go on and on about him makes it seem like he slept with your wife or something.  

He's a below average to average (at best) backup goaltender who gets propped up by a loud and sizeable section of our mongoloid fanbase who largely like him simply because he isn't Schneider.  These "people" hate Schneider because of a deranged belief that he somehow stole the starting position away from an aging and declining Marty and have made KK into Marty's heir simply because as I said, he isn't Schneider.

He also is a goofy-bro type douche (a quality I don't find endearing in any way) who checks his twitter in between periods and blocks anyone who dares criticize him on twitter, even people who don't @ him.  Therefore he is literally entering his name in his search bar and going through it that way as he doesn't get notifications of it.  That's beyond petty and I know of no other professional athlete who goes to that lengths to block fans of his own team.

He had a nice 20-30 game run last season and the rest of his body of work has been meh at best.  I hate having that 20-30 run into a mountain of an achievement because everything else about him sucks.

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It is hard to resist Chipotle and some emoji’s

I cant stand Chipotle...

also, a bunch of good locker room guys with minimal skill becomes a beer league team really quick.  A stretch of an argument, I know, but if you have skill and are a good locker room guy awesome, if you’re a marginal backup who had a flash of brilliance who’s a good locker room guy, you can kick dirt. He’s approaching the Biznasty level of annoyance with me.

• Like 1