Kinkaid - GONE!!!

jagknife

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

He had a great 20-30 game run and then flamed out in the playoffs and has been ass since.  He literally has a worse save % than a guy who lost every game in the 2018 calendar year.  Think about that.  If you want to celebrate that 20-30 game run over and over again, be my guest.  I just think making that run into a bigger deal than it is really stupid as well.

There's no denying it was a great run, and from time to time you need a guy to step outside themselves and exceed their talent and all expectations. I think that's what KK did. The other 120 games he's played are a testament to that. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

There's no denying it was a great run, and from time to time you need a guy to step outside themselves and exceed their talent and all expectations. I think that's what KK did. The other 120 games he's played are a testament to that. 

I agree, but to take that 20-30 game run and to make statements like he should be a starter and is "elite" like so many of our fans have said on every form of social media out there and at the arena is beyond stupid.

The tool was used as a tool by our Schneider-hating fans to make statements about both players when the opposite was true.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

THis is really stupid. Keith got us into the playoffs last year with Taylor, and was a great guy by all accounts. Give 'em a break on a tough year. Best of luck to him

Agreed. Don’t get the ott hate at all. 

Glad we got something for him though. I guess. 

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I agree, but to take that 20-30 game run and to make statements like he should be a starter and is "elite" like so many of our fans have said on every form of social media out there and at the arena is beyond stupid.

The tool was used as a tool by our Schneider-hating fans to make statements about both players when the opposite was true.

Nobody here has EVER said he’s elite so why are you reacting like that here. KK did a great job for us last year, and was asked way too much of this season. No need for the hate. Glad we got a pick for him and wish him well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Nobody here has EVER said he’s elite so why are you reacting like that here. KK did a great job for us last year, and was asked way too much of this season. No need for the hate. Glad we got a pick for him and wish him well.

I have to agree, I don't hate the guy like some people do, His off ice antics were mildly entertaining and he seemed like a good guy. 

That said, I didn't want to see him play for us ever again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Agreed. Don’t get the ott hate at all. 

Glad we got something for him though. I guess. 

For me, personally, it's just a multitude of things:

The way the Schneider trolls have treated him since his acquisition, insisting that Kinkaid was the better option despite all evidence to the contrary

The seeking out of people on Twitter to block. I understand that when people specifically @ you, then by all means, block them. No one should be harrassing you personally. But specifically seeking out your name is just... I don't know. I get it to an extent, but Twitter is essentially a modern day forum. People post sh!t in real time, as they're happening. If you let in a goal that's anything less than an elite snipe by Kucherov or something... people are going to complain. Why are you going to seek out this negativity when they're not specifically invading your mentions? It's just off-putting to me.

But beyond all that, I just hate watching him play. His positioning is so bad. His mechanics are just so off at all times. He's like uncontrollable chaos at all times. He'll get across to make a save on a two on one, but he has zero control over his body so he puts himself in the first row of section six after making the save, leaving the net empty for the next 10 plus seconds. He's just sloppy as fvck in the net. I have just basically seen enough of him.

Then there's the other side of it. Obviously, his run last year to preserve our playoff spot was very welcome. I think we all needed that year when it's been half a decade of sucking... which makes this year even harder to take. I think most of us know that this run was an anomaly when we think of his career as a whole. Still, that doesn't mean it didn't suck seeing him *literally crying* after that game a few weeks ago. You feel for the guy.

At the end of the day, regardless of the division within the Devils fanbase about either loving or hating him, it's hard to feel bad for him. The Devils gave an undrafted goalie an opportunity he may have never had elsewhere. He got to follow in the footsteps of his childhood hero, Marty. He got to live close to home and live out his dream while making a ton of money doing it and having a nice life off of the ice. Overall, he'll look back on his time with the Devils very positively, so it is what it is. Hopefully he can become a decent backup somewhere else. As for me, I've seen enough of him to know that he isn't the answer here.

Credit to Ray for getting anything for him. I figured there was a chance with all the smoke of credible journalists saying he may be moved, but am surprised he got a 5th, even if it is in 2022.

• Like 4

Ok so where are we so far?

2nd 2019 from Nashville (Boyle)

3rd 2019 + Carrick from Dallas (Lovejoy)

5th 2022 from C Bus (Kinkaid)

Is that right? There’s still the Mojo return and maybe a surprise or two. Pretty good so far I’d say.

Edited by Jerzey
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, devlman said:

Not here, but twitter, IG, FB, etc.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

From his twitter:

image.png.a5e32b69a7ad160d2be3e7566f6f5973.png

Bruh, I get that it's your number but that phrasing is questionable lol

Jackets fans are gonna be confused, thinking he's coming in to take Bob's job

Haha.  I guess it could've been worse, he could've phrased it as "Columbus Blue Jackets #1 Goaltender"