Kinkaid - GONE!!!

jagknife

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'd be surpised if Blackwood gets a ton of starts the rest of the way. I think Cory gets the majority of them so we can see if he's back to old Cory or if that 3 game winning streak was a fluke.

I think that's the best approach - Cory's looked better, but his stretch of poor play was so long and so bad, that I'm going to need quite a bit more convincing before I feel better about him and confident that he can lead this team back into the playoffs next year.

• Like 2

Devils sign goaltender Evan Cormier to a three-year entry level contract

Evan Cormier's three-year entry level contract starts with the current 2018-19 season

by New Jersey Devils @NJDevils / newjerseydevils.com
 February 24th, 2019
cut.jpg

The New Jersey Devils today signed goaltender Evan Cormier to a three-year entry level contract that starts with the current 2018-19 season through 2020-21.

The announcement was made by Devils' Executive Vice President/General Manager Ray Shero. Cormier had previously signed an American Hockey League Contract with Binghamton on January 11, 2019.

Overall, Cormier has posted a 4-1-0 record in seven games with one shutout, a 2.02 goals-against average and .934 save percentage. Prior to signing his AHL deal, in four games with Binghamton on an amateur tryout, the 21-year-old had two wins, a shutout, a 1.87 goals-against average and .938 save percentage. Cormier was playing with Adirondack (ECHL) but will report back to Binghamton.

Cormier is a 2016 fourth-round draft pick, 105th overall, of the New Jersey Devils, and earlier this season played in 13 games with University of Guelph. He had a 2.27 goals-against average and a .926 save percentage.

Prior to that, the Bowmanville, Ont. native played four seasons with the Ontario Hockey League's Saginaw Spirit. In 190 regular-season games with the Spirit, Cormier had a 3.40 goals-against average, .895 save percentage, seven shutouts, and 77 wins.

Before his tenure with Saginaw, Cormier played 11 games with the OHL's North Bay Battalion and recorded four wins, including two shutouts. Cormier attended New Jersey Devils' Development Camp in 2016 and 2017.

• Like 1

I agree w/ Blockaid going. But,  HE closed the deal last year to get us into the playoffs.  He had a crappy year, but he's a good goaltender.  I wish him best of luck. I'll remember him for how he played last year, not this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

image.png.639ba6a918aaaa02fbc1b5ad096a2302.png 

Keith's Dad (I believe) getting involved on FB.  

Someone wanna tell him the Devils are where they are this season in part thanks to Keith's sh!t goaltending?

Hey Jim why do you think we’re in this situation. Wake up

4 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Def a tribute video. You guys are so short sighted. He played here for several years, lots of big moments last year, was a great guy in the locker room, and was a positive influence in the community aspect as well. He deserves a hat tip.

Not everyone deserves a tribute video. 

4 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Def a tribute video. You guys are so short sighted. He played here for several years, lots of big moments last year, was a great guy in the locker room, and was a positive influence in the community aspect as well. He deserves a hat tip.

You’re the polar opposite of those who are critically against KK. You’re looking at his career through rose colored glasses. He was a good backup, who’s having an atrocious season.

We mock teams who give tribute videos for menial players, yet want to give him a highlight real because he was a good guy.

Just now, jagknife said:

You’re the polar opposite of those who are critically against KK. You’re looking at his career through rose colored glasses. He was a good backup, who’s having an atrocious season.

We mock teams who give tribute videos for menial players, yet want to give him a highlight real because he was a good guy.

Because it doesn't matter. I'm very critical of KK, but he was a good guy, been here several years, was instrumental in getting us to our only playoff run in 7 years. So we put together a video package of saves, who cares? It's not for the fans, it's for the player and the locker room. Players can see that their work is appreciated, and that stuff is paying it forward. Who knows, maybe Keith comes back to the org one day. 

Just now, HellOnICE said:

Because it doesn't matter. I'm very critical of KK, but he was a good guy, been here several years, was instrumental in getting us to our only playoff run in 7 years. So we put together a video package of saves, who cares? It's not for the fans, it's for the player and the locker room. Players can see that their work is appreciated, and that stuff is paying it forward. Who knows, maybe Keith comes back to the org one day. 

It’s 100% for the fans, so the player can get a standing ovation. Sure the players look up and watch but it’s done to get the fans reaction. We all were literally mocking the sh!t out of Duchene getting his tribute from the Sens. 

• Like 1

Just now, HellOnICE said:

True. But Kinkaid does, and like who cares even if Ilka Pikkrainen got one - at the end of the day it's a gesture. It's not retiring a number.

To get a tribute video you have to do something. You have to be a special player as far as what is on the ice and off. Keith did none of that. He did his job and helped us get into the playoffs last year. That is it. Big whoop. I am not saying I don't appreciate it, but doing what he is supposed to do for half a season isn't that special. Did Scott Clemensen get a video tribute for his work? I don't think he did, and he made a much bigger jump to have to do it.

Henrique was special. He was here for a LONG time, did plenty of things of note, and was widely loved by the fan base. He deserved a video. Keith does not.

When you force the video tribute it just comes off as super cheesy and awkward, like the one in Ottawa the other night. 

TL;DR I disagree.

• Like 1