Kinkaid - GONE!!!

jagknife

In all seriousness, it's fun to hate on Keith (as long as you do it here and not Tweet at him). That said, from everything we can see, he's been nothing but a good teammate since he's been on the Devils. Through his struggles, he was fully supportive of the players in front of him, and was complimentary of Cory, even when it was Cory taking over for him after he let in 5 goals. He played the best of hocky of his life in helping us reach the playoffs last year as well, and honestly, though I'm happy not to have to witness his miserable play anymore, I don't have anything legitimately negative to say about the way he went about being a Devil.

But now he's a Blue Jacket and he can eat sh!t and fall of the edge of this flat Earth we live on.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Oof.

What does it say? That NJviDs clown blocked me because I quote tweeted an overtime goal that Keith allowed in like... late October with the following: "See you soon, Cory"

That guy is extremely strange, always blocking people that say anything remotely negative about the team... and he's not even a Devils fan. He's like some Habs fan that is borderline stalking Amanda Stein and wants internet credit for GIF'ing our games, as if there aren't thousands of other sources that provide clips of the Devils.

1 minute ago, Steven M. said:

What does it say? That NJviDs clown blocked me because I quote tweeted an overtime goal that Keith allowed in like... late October with the following: "See you soon, Cory"

That guy is extremely strange, always blocking people that say anything remotely negative about the team... and he's not even a Devils fan. He's like some Habs fan that is borderline stalking Amanda Stein and wants internet credit for GIF'ing our games, as if there aren't thousands of other sources that provide clips of the Devils.

"this guy gets it"

5 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

He's weird. But I disagree on the clips thing. He did serve as a much better source of Devils replays that MSG or the Devils themselves. The latter two absolutely suck at providing real time Devils content on social media and he filled that gap. I appreciated him for that before the plug was pulled on him (either by Twitter or MSG).

28 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

i dont know why some people feel so much hate towards this guy, his play went down this season but so did the rest of the team its not just him. Wish him well as he moves on.

Agreed.  I always felt he was an average goalie that got red-hot for 6 weeks at the absolute right time for us last year.  For that, I am appreciative.  Good luck to him in Columbus.     

I'm also one that doesn't get the Kinkaid hate. I'm sure I've complained about him, but at the end of the day he was a backup goalie who got thrown into a bad situation when Cory got hurt and fell off a cliff. KK played great at the end of last season and into this season and it caught up to him. He got made fun of for crying but to me it showed he really cared. He also seems to have been a huge part of the locker room which is underrated, especially in a year like this. 

It was definitely time for him to go though. Blackwood is ready to get some games and Cormier will get some AHL time now

• Like 1

Is there anything Keith's uncle said that's wrong? Bunch of Devils fans whining about Keith being too sensitive, and yet are being unbearably sensitive over some real straightforward objective not-too-personal stuff from his uncle. 

We look like a bunch of petulant jackasses, his uncle's right.

Edited by DJ Eco

1 minute ago, DJ Eco said:

Is there anything Keith's uncle said that's wrong? Bunch of Devils fans whining about Keith being too sensitive are being unbearably sensitive pussies over some real straightforward objective stuff from his uncle. We look like a bunch of jackasses.

Nope, other than the "poor excuse for fans" part, everything else he said was spot on. 

It's the unfortunate part of inviting "comments", you get idiots who could never say anything to someone's face chiming in, or people who make completely incorrect statements and then other idiots agree with them and they become "fact".

Of course, none of MY comments on this site are EITHER of those...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Is there anything Keith's uncle said that's wrong? Bunch of Devils fans whining about Keith being too sensitive, and yet are being unbearably sensitive over some real straightforward objective not-too-personal stuff from his uncle. 

It's all a product of this "go hard or go home" mentality too many fans have in rooting for players. He has a good month, the fans think he's the second coming of Hasek, and begin a campaign of anger and breathless hatred toward Schneider. Kinkaid comes back to earth and has a bad couple weeks, suddenly it's open season on him, and now Schneider is a future Hall of Famer.

What a basic Mongoloid way to approach sports fandom, I don't know why people act like this? Don't know where the straight up VITRIOL for the other player comes from; not just criticism, but out and out hatred, these people on social media get so toxic with it, what's wrong with them?

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

He's right on his general point, but a few things:

a) he's reading comments from the bottom of the barrel, sh!ttiest place on the internet. never going to find anything positive there.

b ) it is objectively silly to act like fans shouldn't be able to criticize goaltenders. they will criticize everything.

His overall point though? Absolutely. They've played behind some sh!t tier defense and horrific offense.

Hope he doesn't anticipate reading anything different on the Blue Jackets facebook page the first time Keith has a bad game. All sports fans are the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steven M. said:

He's right on his general point, but a few things:

a) he's reading comments from the bottom of the barrel, sh!ttiest place on the internet. never going to find anything positive there.

b ) it is objectively silly to act like fans shouldn't be able to criticize goaltenders. they will criticize everything.

His overall point though? Absolutely. They've played behind some sh!t tier defense and horrific offense.

Hope he doesn't anticipate reading anything different on the Blue Jackets facebook page the first time Keith has a bad game. All sports fans are the same.

Agree on B, but he actually chose his words carefully. "all of you guys who criticize these guys so virulently" (he implicitly includes Schneider in this) is a pretty accurate way of being clear in addressing some of the worst, most backwards, and toxic commenters on FB/Twitter. I didn't read that and think he's talking about me or most fans, but the very worst (and many of us know some of who he's talking about).

FWIW my hatred of KK has been pretty consistent.  I really have never hated any other player on the Devils as I hate KK.  My disgust at S Gionta, Farnham, Blandisi, Tootoo, Zacha, Kovy, Parise, etc do not even come remotely close to that of KK.

I have gone over several times in several threads why I don't like him.  I stand by my feelings 100%.  Is it rational?  Probably not, but neither is the irrational hatred towards Schneider by KK's fans, who are generally fans who are in the deranged Marty-lover camp.

Regarding KK's uncle, as a relative of a professional athlete he can say whatever he wants as it's his right, but it's not a wise thing to do.  That goes especially when he doubles-down with a "he is going to the playoffs" quip at fans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

It's all a product of this "go hard or go home" mentality too many fans have in rooting for players. He has a good month, the fans think he's the second coming of Hasek, and begin a campaign of anger and breathless hatred toward Schneider. Kinkaid comes back to earth and has a bad couple weeks, suddenly it's open season on him, and now Schneider is a future Hall of Famer.

What a basic Mongoloid way to approach sports fandom, I don't know why people act like this? Don't know where the straight up VITRIOL for the other player comes from; not just criticism, but out and out hatred, these people on social media get so toxic with it, what's wrong with them?

A lot of social media fans are absolutely terrible, uninformed, and knee-jerk reactionary. Leaving all those groups and unfollowing jackasses liberally has done wonders for my  feeds

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

A lot of social media fans are absolutely terrible, uninformed, and knee-jerk reactionary. Leaving all those groups and unfollowing jackasses liberally has done wonders for my  feeds

Same, I unfollowed enough people in question that I didn't know this was still a thing haha.. And then after the Kinkaid trade, I saw a million and one comments about him blocking people, and now the family member, etc...

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Is it rational?  Probably not, but neither is the irrational hatred towards Schneider by KK's fans, who are generally fans who are in the deranged Marty-lover camp.

I DEFINITELY don't expect everyone to be 100% rational. I'm sure one or two people (who are completely wrong) think my hatred of Zacha is irrational (even though its not because he sucks). 

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Regarding KK's uncle, as a relative of a professional athlete he can say whatever he wants as it's his right, but it's not a wise thing to do.  That goes especially when he doubles-down with a "he is going to the playoffs" quip at fans.

Me personally, I wouldn't want my family members doing something like that if I was him. But, he's KK. He probably likes it and has a specific emoji dedicated to his uncle. I bet his whole family has emojis, its not just for the team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

I think it's embarrassing to have your uncle go on your former teams social media and post stuff like this.

I think it's also even sillier when your nephew had a chance to show that he could become a real starter in the league and absolutely blew it. Is the defense any good? No, but Keith gave up plenty of absolutely soft goals and that's on him. Keith was part of the problem as well because he sucked. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Agree on B, but he actually chose his words carefully. "all of you guys who criticize these guys so virulently" (he implicitly includes Schneider in this) is a pretty accurate way of being clear in addressing some of the worst, most backwards, and toxic commenters on FB/Twitter. I didn't read that and think he's talking about me or most fans, but the very worst (and many of us know some of who he's talking about).

Very true.

Overall, he has a good point, and I certainly understand that after 5 years of probably reading this sh!t and not taking a shot... I guess it's worth taking a shot on the way out. It is not going to lead to anything positive but it probably feels cathartic for him, lol.