2019 Trade Deadline Thread

NJDfan1711

Probably should've started this sometime last week, but figured we could still use a thread to keep things consolidated.  I'm not sure that we'll make any more moves, I guess Johansson might be the only likely piece left to get moved - if we do, any trades involving our team directly probably still deserve their own threads, but for non-Devils related trades we can keep them in here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I posted this in the Kinkaid thread but makes sense here:

Ok so where are we so far?

2nd 2019 from Nashville (Boyle)

3rd 2019 + Carrick from Dallas (Lovejoy)

5th 2022 from C Bus (Kinkaid)

There’s still the Mojo return and maybe a surprise or two. Pretty good so far I’d say.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

There’s still the Mojo return and maybe a surprise or two. Pretty good so far I’d say.

Yeah I think this is good to keep track of and I was wondering the same thing too in terms of how many picks we've acquired and in what rounds.  This upcoming draft should be pretty good.

11 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Don’t be surprised if we see Severson go too

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, CMONPETEYD said:

I would like to see Shero get creative and try and dump a player like Greene and retain some salary.

What if we were able to Trade Johansson & Greene (Retain 50% of his salary)  to Calgary for a 1st and maybe a prospect.

Reveal hidden contents

We should be able to get a second and a prospect for Johansson alone. As we did give up a second and third to acquire him 

13 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

We should be able to get a second and a prospect for Johansson alone. As we did give up a second and third to acquire him 

6 minutes ago, CMONPETEYD said:

Yes - but he was not a UFA when we acquired him.  

Nor did he have a concussion history, as I mentioned in one of the many other trade deadline threads. From that perspective, he's damaged goods and the return will be less than what we paid. You can't be upset with that in this situation, if you get back a 2nd you're doing well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Granted the KK news has all of us excited, but otherwise, its been a pretty quiet day with just over two hours remaining until the deadline. 

I was kinda thinking the same.  A few days were made leading up to today, and I guess the biggest one will probably end up being the Duchene deal, but would've thought we'd at least see some more smaller deals go by.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Granted the KK news has all of us excited, but otherwise, its been a pretty quiet day with just over two hours remaining until the deadline. 

Mark Stone has all the big boys tied up.  I imagine some of the suitors will start going to plan B in the next 30 minutes or so if Dorien is riding this to the end.