2019 Trade Deadline Thread

NJDfan1711

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yup.... I'm still hoping they miss the playoffs lol 

After the way they've kicked our asses routinely over the last few years.. I'm with you.

But anyway - apparently the Mark Stone deal is imminent.  Bob said on TSN it's moments/minutes away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

On the flip side, they'll have a real easy time at the draft the next few years, since they have no picks left until 2023. 

that's what I'm saying... even if they by some miracle won the cup this year, which they won't... they are setting themselves up for a hell of a bad fvcking time in the not so distant future. pretty much everyone thinks that duchene will not re-sign and bob / panarin have explicitly told them they have no interest. while going "all in" takes "balls," when you look at the competition OUTSIDE of the division... i.e. Tampa Bay which looks like one of the best teams of the last decade, seems like a bad time to go all in. but I guess that's what happens when your team has never won a playoff round. trying to get some momentum in any way possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

On the flip side, they'll have a real easy time at the draft the next few years, since they have no picks left until 2023. 

Not a lot of picks and plenty of players that can walk for nothing in the summer. Kekalainen is betting his job on this working out.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

So I guess MoJo in the lineup tonight.  Bring him back for next year, I'm fine with that.  

Wasn’t there a caveat of “unless something changes”? Still got 35 minutes plus the “jammed up fax lines” times (aka Langenbrunner/Arnott time” 

Edited by jagknife

5 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

sh!t, that’s what I thought. 

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Wasn’t there a caveat of “unless something changes”? Still got 35 minutes plus the “jammed up fax lines” times (aka Langenbrunner/Arnott time” 

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

So I guess MoJo in the lineup tonight.  Bring him back for next year, I'm fine with that.  

Deal has to be done by 3pm. Not announced by 3pm. We won't know until some sort of announcement is made. 

If they were unable to trade him, I would have no issue bringing him back. I would prefer no longer than a 3 year deal because of his concussion concerns. 

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Can't keep MoJo here if you can get anything at all for him.

We can always re-sign him if we want him.  But a playoff bound team has to want to add him.. maybe Shero is just playing hardball. 

Agreed. Although I wouldn't mind having him back next year, that's really a separate issue. We should be taking whatever we can get because there is no guarantee he even wants to re-sign here. We could always TRY to re-sign him, but as I have pointed out, that very rarely happens when a guy is traded away at the deadline. 

In any event, I'm glad Ray is playing hardball if that's what it is, but he should realize at some point he's gotta take the best deal on the table. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

That's an awful trade for the Wild, all they do is get a bit younger but Granlund is a legitimate top 6 center. They left so much value on the table IMO

Preds have waited forever for Fiala to come around but the lack of production on that second line has been killing them since late last year 

Edited by Lateralous