2019 Trade Deadline Thread

NJDfan1711

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think at of the young guys who are still in RFA territory should be traded for picks. 

I don't think they all should of been either I don't think Shero was only referring to RFAs,  but a good number of the young guys aren't all that good so I would have hoped he was open to listening and not dismissing out of hand. Zero consideration could leave one to believe he wasn't interested period.

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

I don't think they all should of been either I don't think Shero was only referring to RFAs,  but a good number of the young guys aren't all that good so I would have hoped he was open to listening and not dismissing out of hand. Zero consideration could leave one to believe he wasn't interested period.

Could also be something he's saying so no one is sitting in the locker room thinking they aren't wanted there. 

7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

True, I was just stating my opinion about RFA’s. 

Personally I would only look to trade guys with expiring contracts at the deadline, unless offered something extraordinary. Most teams are looking to rent guys with picks, which I’m not interested in doing with players who have time left on their deals. 

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Could also be something he's saying so no one is sitting in the locker room thinking they aren't wanted there. 

That too. “I would have traded any of these losers” would be a whole different message. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

could be,  I would prefer they do feel the pressure of keeping their jobs knowing very few if any are above that level. I just don't think we're that good, in fact I think we stink and bad at that.

Edited by titans04

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

could be  I would prefer they do feel the pressure of keeping their jobs knowing very few if any are above that level. I just don't think we're that good, in fact I think we stink snd bd at that.

There's definitely some pieces to continue building with. I think we get a clearer picture at the draft when Ray can use those picks to move around the draft or acquire players. 

I am so excited to have 3 second round picks in the upcoming draft. Castron hasn't had many second round selections with the Devils yet, but with what he has done in later rounds, I have no doubt that he'll be able to find some good players. No one overpaid what we hoped for MoJo, but this was a good deadline for the Devils.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

They picked up a sure thing top 10 winger today who locked in for another 8 years.  Seems crazy to complain about.

From what I saw they were (obviously) happy to pick up Stone, but most were pissed about losing Brannstrom since he's a grwat prospect lol. I'd probably have the same feeling if we traded let's say Smith for Stone. I'd be ecastatic about getting Stone, but I'd be pissed about losing Smith as I really like him as a prospect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

From what I saw they were (obviously) happy to pick up Stone, but most were pissed about losing Brannstrom since he's a grwat prospect lol. I'd probably have the same feeling if we traded let's say Smith for Stone. I'd be ecastatic about getting Stone, but I'd be pissed about losing Smith as I really like him as a prospect

Imagine if he didn’t sign the extension how they would feel...

21 hours ago, nessus said:

I am so excited to have 3 second round picks in the upcoming draft. Castron hasn't had many second round selections with the Devils yet, but with what he has done in later rounds, I have no doubt that he'll be able to find some good players. No one overpaid what we hoped for MoJo, but this was a good deadline for the Devils.

Agree it was a terrific deadline for Shero.

I’ll be surprised if he hangs on to all of these picks.  I think he makes at least one deal this offseason that involves two or three picks.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Agree it was a terrific deadline for Shero.

I’ll be surprised if he hangs on to all of these picks.  I think he makes at least one deal this offseason that involves two or three picks.  

I’m sure part of what he was doing was putting himself in the position to do so. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I’m sure part of what he was doing was putting himself in the position to do so. 

I think this is going to be a very aggressive offseason for Shero...he’s set himself up well.  Just hope he lands his targets.  

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Said the same thing last two seasons. Ended up with Brian Boyle.

Although Stone is off the board, it still looks like it could be the best free agent class in a while.  The past two years the only free agents worth throwing a lot of money at were not available at any price.  

Things will get very interesting if the Devils end up with one of the top two picks.  It would make it much easier to give up the draft pick compensation for an offer sheet.