Marcus Johansson To BOSTON

Devils01

We got a 2nd round pick in 2019 and a 4th round pick in 2020, as per TSN's TradeCentre.

Really don't like this deal but I guess if we "had to get something" then it is what it is. fvcking sucks seeing one of your favorite players go to the team that was directly responsible for ruining his entire first year with the team. He's now on the same team that could be directly responsible for why he didn't have a decent year last year and possibly have already extended here. A team I can't possibly root for, because fvck Boston.

So what's the best we can hope for here? Trading said 2nd rounder and a 3rd for another Palmieri / MoJo? Certainly trust Ray's overall process but this will be a massive hole in our top six if we plan on competing next year, though there was no guarantee to begin with that he would have re-signed.

Just now, Triumph said:

Ah, Shero went for the Stempniak

Don't love sending him to Boston to play with Marchand but on the other hand he's least likely to be hurt by Marchand playing there so

According to what I read, Johansson had the ability to block the trade, which he didn't do. If he doesn't care, why the fvck should we?

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

It's probably a fvcking 2nd round pick or something that at best we can hope is it will become Mojo in 2024 while also killing any chance that he comes back here in the summer because we traded him to Boston.

He never wanted to be here. He'll never sign here.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

He never wanted to be here. He'll never sign here.

I don't know if he did or he didn't, but he certainly didn't come here voluntarily. 

I don't think he'll be back, and I'm ok with that. Any contract you give him would be a risk because of his concussion history. Some team will still give him a long term deal that he will play half of. 

• Like 2

Yeah would have liked a prospect, but a 2nd and 4th is better than we could have hoped for 1 month ago. Not sure sending him to Marchandland will help with potentially re-signing, but that was probably a long-shot anyway. Pretty weird feeling that this is essentially the last move of the season for the devils. Don't even have a B-devils playoff run to look forward to or anything...awful season.  

Just now, jagknife said:

there it is...

I mean I know cap space means nothing to us for the rest of the year but i feel like keeping parts of his salary should have turned that 4th into a 3rd....

oh well

thing is they know it's completely meaningless to us as we are the world's #1 leader in Cap Space and it's only like 20 games. so there's really no leverage there.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Fair point... glad we got something but m... yeah...

Yeah, I'm honestly not going to feel good about this trade until Ray packages it for something before the draft. I'm sure he has something up his sleeve. He's accumulated two 2nd's, two 3rd's, and a 4th here this month so you know those aren't all going to be used to select someone.

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well...B trade for most GMs but a C trade for Ray cause he usual fleeces the other team. I'm not thrilled about MoJo being a B either. Whatevs.

We play them on Saturday, which is my birthday....you know he's going to score, and rat faced fvck will probably get the primary assist.  That's just how my life's gone lately.

• Like 2