Marcus Johansson To BOSTON

Devils01

Just now, Jimmy Leeds said:

Why the Douchey rebuttal?

Because it was a 'douchey' response. You have no idea if he would have re-signed here or not, so why are you presenting it as fact? Should we just dump all players that aren't acquired via free agency because that's the only concrete way of knowing they 'wanted to be here' ?

Contract talks were never explored by Ray. We have no idea if he would have wanted to stay or not.

Just now, Steven M. said:

Because it was a 'douchey' response. You have no idea if he would have re-signed here or not, so why are you presenting it as fact? Should we just dump all players that aren't acquired via free agency because that's the only concrete way of knowing they 'wanted to be here' ?

Contract talks were never explored by Ray. We have no idea if he would have wanted to stay or not.

Lol, I do know for a fact he didn't want/prefer to be here. I do not know 100% if he would have re-signed, but either way, stop trying to show your vast self imagined superiority

Lol, I do know for a fact he didn't want/prefer to be here. I do not know 100% if he would have re-signed, but either way, stop trying to show your vast self imagined superiority

Whatever, yes, I am trying to show my superiority over a message board. Very intelligent thing to write.

Guess I'll just take your anonymous word for it with no sources or proof that he obviously didn't want to be here.

1 minute ago, Steven M. said:

Whatever, yes, I am trying to show my superiority over a message board. Very intelligent thing to write.

Guess I'll just take your anonymous word for it with no sources or proof that he obviously didn't want to be here.

I was told by someone tight with the Caps. But I'm not here to impress you, I couldn't give a sh*t

6 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

People do that on this board all the time and it drives me nuts. they just say things like they are facts and if enough people repeat it, it becomes the truth. 

To your point, we don't know what conversations Ray may have had with his agent about re-signing. It could have been zero, or it could have been significant. But you're right, there's no way to know. 

• Like 1

I just can't care that much about a guy who really did absolutely nothing and contributed very little during his time here. Of course it was very bad timing due to the injuries but that stuff happens sometimes. I'm just glad we didn't keep him just to have him potentially walk in the summer for nothing. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

People do that on this board all the time and it drives me nuts. they just say things like they are facts and if enough people repeat it, it becomes the truth. 

To your point, we don't know what conversations Ray may have had with his agent about re-signing. It could have been zero, or it could have been significant. But you're right, there's no way to know. 

but I'm the a$$hole and trying to "show my vastly superior self" by challenging a statement that is made with zero proof or sources. oh well.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

I was told by someone tight with the Caps. But I'm not here to impress you, I couldn't give a sh*t

I'm not asking you to impress me, but maybe get less upset when people challenge statements that are made without proof or sources. This is the internet, people aren't going to take sh!t at face value.

I'm not "trying to show my vastly superior self." I've been on the board since 2005 and average like less than a post per week. Nobody here knows who I am, the fvck would I have to gain by trying to prove I'm smart or something? Just trying to talk about the trade dude.

but someone tight with the Caps told you he didn't want to be here... got it. good riddance then. sure.

Yes, MFITZ, I'm well known for doing that, SMH.  And I never called you an a$$hole SM, just asked why that attack douchey response. I know someone with an inside to the Caps organization. I've mentioned it before and that's what I was told. I don't give a crap what either of you think.   If I don't like or believe a post, I'm sure not trying to make them look like a fool. 

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

2 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

I'm not asking you to impress me, but maybe get less upset when people challenge statements that are made without proof or sources. This is the internet, people aren't going to take sh!t at face value.

I'm not "trying to show my vastly superior self." I've been on the board since 2005 and average like less than a post per week. Nobody here knows who I am, the fvck would I have to gain by trying to prove I'm smart or something? Just trying to talk about the trade dude.

but someone tight with the Caps told you he didn't want to be here... got it. good riddance then. sure.

YAWN

Just now, SterioDesign said:

im very impressed by that tho even though it was not your intention... 

lol

Yes, MFITZ, I'm well known for doing that, SMH.  And I never called you an a$$hole SM, just asked why that attack douchey response. I know someone with an inside to the Caps organization. I've mentioned it before and that's what I was told. I don't give a crap what either of you think.   If I don't like or believe a post, I'm sure not trying to make them look like a fool. 

Oh well sorry I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of your NHL contacts. I wasn't trying to make you look like a fool. If you would have initially replied with "I've been told by sources I know within the Caps org. that he never wanted to be here / liked it here" then I probably wouldn't have replied with what I did. You responded to me just by saying "He never wanted to be here. He never would have signed here." So am I just supposed to respond "Oh okay, disregard all my prior statements on the trade. fvck mojo." Like come on man.

Whatever dude. Move on, we're boring people and I don't like engaging like this.

Here's a suggestion................just scroll by

3 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

ok children its enough now we get it both of you dont care.. lets move on 

I agree. My apologies

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Yes, MFITZ, I'm well known for doing that, SMH.  

I don't know if you do or you don't, but its rampant across this board. The few people at exactly 3:00 who declared that there was no Johansson trade and that he would be in the lineup tonight was a good example. 

And you don't need to impress anyone, but if you have an actual factual basis for a statement, maybe you could just acknowledge that. "I heard from a source close to the Caps that..." would've gone a long way. 

Of course, then we'd just question you Caps connection, because fvcking the equipment manager's roommate's niece doesn't exactly make you the source for all things Caps. ;) 

• Like 1

#NJDevils Trade Deadline Summary Additions: D Connor Carrick 2019 2nd Round Pick (NSH) 2019 2nd Round Pick (BOS) 2019 3rd Round Pick (DAL) 2020 4th Round Pick (BOS) 2022 5th Round Pick (CBJ)

Subtractions: F Brian Boyle D Ben Lovejoy G Keith Kinkaid F Marcus Johansson

Good job Ray.

1 minute ago, Devils01 said:

Good people of New Jersey, Words fail me this day. Your support has meant more to me than you can imagine. To my former brothers - keep fighting the good fight. It was an honor and a privilege to serve you all. I wish you well. Respectfully, General Marcus Johansson #NJDevilsNHLNJDevils.png

I'm sorry, but WTF is that? Is that a fake MJ Twitter account? Someone bothered to make a fake MJ Twitter account??

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't know if you do or you don't, but its rampant across this board. The few people at exactly 3:00 who declared that there was no Johansson trade and that he would be in the lineup tonight was a good example. 

And you don't need to impress anyone, but if you have an actual factual basis for a statement, maybe you could just acknowledge that. "I heard from a source close to the Caps that..." would've gone a long way. 

Of course, then we'd just question you Caps connection, because fvcking the equipment manager's roommate's niece doesn't exactly make you the source for all things Caps. ;)

Oh Lord

Close, it was the equipment manager's roommates nephew, not niece

And outside this one person, I couldn't care less about the Caps at all nor do I know anyone else.     I was told what I was told a while back. Just let it go

5 minutes ago, Devils01 said:
#NJDevils Trade Deadline Summary Additions: D Connor Carrick 2019 2nd Round Pick (NSH) 2019 2nd Round Pick (BOS) 2019 3rd Round Pick (DAL) 2020 4th Round Pick (BOS) 2022 5th Round Pick (CBJ)

Subtractions: F Brian Boyle D Ben Lovejoy G Keith Kinkaid F Marcus Johansson

Good job Ray.

That 2022 5th round pick is key.    You heard it here first, we'll get a Jamie Benn in the 5th in 2022.
Good job Ray turning UFAs into assets for later.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Oh Lord

Close, it was the equipment manager's roommates nephew, not niece

And outside this one person, I couldn't care less about the Caps at all nor do I know anyone else.     I was told what I was told a while back. Just let it go

He was a better choice anyway, she has a nasty B.O. problem. Someone I know from the Caps organization told me so. 

2 minutes ago, aylbert said:

That 2022 5th round pick is key.    You heard it here first, we'll get a Jamie Benn in the 5th in 2022.
Good job Ray turning UFAs into assets for later.

We might get Jamie Benn Jr. by the time that pick comes up...

• Like 2