Marcus Johansson To BOSTON

Devils01

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm sorry, but WTF is that? Is that a fake MJ Twitter account? Someone bothered to make a fake MJ Twitter account??

Man are you late to the party. Someone made a civil-war themed MJ account after he wore that old-timey sport coat and it was a pretty good source of laughs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

That wasn't for you anyway. I actually enjoy your posts. 

Thanks brother. As always, I'm just having fun. 

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Man are you late to the party. Someone made a civil-war themed MJ account after he wore that old-timey sport coat and it was a pretty good source of laughs

I don't follow anyone's Twitter. But that seems like someone has a HUGE amount of time on their hands to even think of doing that. 

We're inherently biased, and letting a good 6-8 week surge on MoJo's part cloud our perception of his worth. No one leaguewide was chomping at the bit to trade for MoJo (other than some Capitals fans), Boston fans aren't even excited, they hate this trade and think it's a vast overpayment lol. MoJo largely underperformed during his almost-2 years here, I think we're letting a good month or 2 really overvalue how we grade the return, and there's a high likelihood he wouldn't have even resigned.

This never-injured always-consistent player got traded here, the team that traded him won a Cup, his play dipped, he got seriously injured, his next contract is not going to be that great; why would he stay here? By all meaningful metrics, his career has taken a step back thanks to New Jersey, let's be honest with ourselves.

All of that alone makes him a must-trade (in my humble opinion), and basically recouping what he got him for, "with a little interest" (for lack of a better word, in the 3rd we spent downgrading to a 4th, in exchange for almost 2 seasons of play) is fantastic in exchange for 6 weeks of MoJo.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

We're so inherently biased, and letting a good 6-8 week surge on MoJo's part cloud our perception of his worth. No one leaguewide was chomping at the bit to trade for MoJo (other than some Capitals fans), Boston fans aren't even excited, they hate this trade and think it's a vast overpayment lol. MoJo largely underperformed during his almost-2 years here, I think we're letting a good month or 2 really overvalue how we grade the return, and there's a high likelihood he wouldn't have even resigned.

This never-injured always-consistent player got traded here, the team that traded him won a Cup, his play dipped, he got seriously injured, his next contract is not going to be that great; why would he stay here? By all meaningful metrics, his career has taken a step back thanks to New Jersey, let's be honest with ourselves.

All of that alone makes him a must-trade, and basically recouping what he got him for, "with a little interest" (for lack of a better word, in the 3rd we spent downgrading to a 4th) is fantastic in exchange for 6 weeks of MoJo.

Really solid post..This really puts things into perspective.. The last sentence is something I did not think of. On paper it looks like we gave up an 2nd and a 3rd that became a 2nd and 4th, but once you factor in the service time it is tough to complain about the original trade OR this trade. MoJo will be a blip on the radar of the rebuild. 

Edited by Steadevils
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

(for lack of a better word, in the 3rd we spent downgrading to a 4th, in exchange for almost 2 seasons of play) is fantastic in exchange for 6 weeks of MoJo.

Plus the concussions. It’s a factor also and is also a step back in his career and a step down in his worth. 

11 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

So in his interview Ray just said that there was no chance of signing MoJo to an extension. So looks like Jimmy was indeed 100% correct. 

There you go, score one for the nephew fvcker!

I personally think it was irrelevant. If he wanted to be in NJ for the rest of his career and we were the only team he wanted to play for, trading him was still the right move. You can’t base a rebuild around a guy with his injury issues who could be out of hockey on the next bad hit. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There you go, score one for the nephew fvcker!

I personally think it was irrelevant. If he wanted to be in NJ for the rest of his career and we were the only team he wanted to play for, trading him was still the right move. You can’t base a rebuild around a guy with his injury issues who could be out of hockey on the next bad hit. 

I think it has some relevance in terms of process. If Ray was a fan and was hoping to bring him back he could have spoken with MoJo about trade options that were preferential, where to send him and how to bringing him back. If he has told you "I am not interested in coming back" Ray doesn't really have to keep him onside for any future deal. 

Means it's far easier to trade him to a team featuring say, the guy that intentionally took his head off, without feeling too bad about it. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

So in his interview Ray just said that there was no chance of signing MoJo to an extension. So looks like Jimmy was indeed 100% correct. 

That doesn't mean Johansson said no.  It could mean, as Masisak is now saying, that the Devils chose not to offer him one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I just can't care that much about a guy who really did absolutely nothing and contributed very little during his time here. Of course it was very bad timing due to the injuries but that stuff happens sometimes. I'm just glad we didn't keep him just to have him potentially walk in the summer for nothing. 

His recent medical history makes him a somewhat risky signing for any team to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Thanks brother. As always, I'm just having fun. 

I don't follow anyone's Twitter. But that seems like someone has a HUGE amount of time on their hands to even think of doing that. 

Yeah, you're late to the party. The Gen MoJo account has been pretty popular in the Devils Twitter world. Funny posts. I'll miss them. Amanda and Arda had MOJO read a few on air last year. It's was anticlimactic to say the least. 

I don't really understand the "too much time on his hands" criticism. A lot of us spend much of our time posting online about the Devils...

21 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Yeah, you're late to the party. The Gen MoJo account has been pretty popular in the Devils Twitter world. Funny posts. I'll miss them. Amanda and Arda had MOJO read a few on air last year. It's was anticlimactic to say the least. 

I don't really understand the "too much time on his hands" criticism. A lot of us spend much of our time posting online about the Devils...

Yeah, if you don’t see the difference between what we do here and what that guy does over there, I can’t help you. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm probably in the minority but I thought the general Mojo stuff was pure cringe. 

It wasn’t original either. There’s been an Andrew Luck (Colts QB) one for years. And he actually looks like he belongs in the Civil War lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It wasn’t original either. There’s been an Andrew Luck (Colts QB) one for years. And he actually looks like he belongs in the Civil War lol

Wow that makes it even lamer than it already was. I get it, he wore a funny coat. To then create an alternate Civil War personality for him and post tweets as if you are the Civil War version of him, what a waste of time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean I can understand not wanting to extend a multi-year contract to a guy who played 77 of a possible 145 games or whatever over the past two years.

It’s a valid point, and one that everyone was on board with a month ago. 

49 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Jeez. That's like when the teacher makes some kid apologize for picking on someone and he gives the half hearted "I'm sorry"

Right. Like I tell my 11 year old, if you wait to apologize until someone makes you, its not the same as if you do it right away. 

• Like 2