Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Devils01

AHL Devils Vs Calgary

Recommended Posts

The lineup is a mess tonight. I'm glad I did a buyback for tonight's game. Red Bulls are home for their champions league game so it wasn't even a debate as to where I would be going tonight even if the game mattered.

I'll be dvring the game and watching when I get home though. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, it really will be the AHL Devils.

LGAD!

Edited by Aitchmack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I know I've been begging for Hynes to give the Yak a chance...........but at left wing! I know they were only practice line but it'll be intersting to see how the kids do getting more minutes than usual. What do you reckon?  An against the odds win or a crushing defeat?

 

Devils.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That may be the worst group of forward lines I've ever seen in an NHL game.

I want to put this team up against the 76-77 Scouts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LGD

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That may be the worst group of forward lines I've ever seen in an NHL game.

I want to put this team up against the 76-77 Scouts. 

It legit may be the worst forward lineup we’ve trotted out since the 80’s lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think today maybe the official day that the off season started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

LGD

It legit may be the worst forward lineup we’ve trotted out since the 80’s lol.

It has to be.  I can't stop laughing still.  The other team must be looking at that and saying "What?".  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The average age of our team right now has to be 22.  Who's even over 30 on offense,  Zajac and Stafford?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's next?


Schneider - duel hip replacement
Hischier - eyeball contusion, day to week to month
Severson - stroke, back whenevs
Blackwood - foot growing out of the back of his head, out for season
Stafford - taken by aliens, return pending further space exploration.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, njskaguy33 said:

What's next?


Schneider - duel hip replacement
Hischier - eyeball contusion, day to week to month
Severson - stroke, back whenevs
Blackwood - foot growing out of the back of his head, out for season
Stafford - taken by aliens, return pending further space exploration.

You forgot...

Zajac - Self-induced coma, out indefinitely

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be a sh!t show. I hope the people attending tonight have a good sense of humor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That may be the worst group of forward lines I've ever seen in an NHL game.

I want to put this team up against the 76-77 Scouts. 

You mean the 75-76 Scouts, heh heh.  One win in their last 44 games.  1974-75 Caps were even worse.

At Disney this week, so I can’t see this one.  Can’t say I’m heartbroken...

You know it’s going to be a rough wind-down to the end of the season when you’re starting to think about baseball...and you’re a METS FAN.  

Oh well...LGD!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You mean the 75-76 Scouts, heh heh.  One win in their last 44 games.  1974-75 Caps were even worse.

At Disney this week, so I can’t see this one.  Can’t say I’m heartbroken...

You know it’s going to be a rough wind-down to the end of the season when you’re starting to think about baseball...and you’re a METS FAN.  

Oh well...LGD!

Did you manage to get fast passes for the Avatar ride? Not the boat ride but the 3D one where you fly on the bird thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You mean the 75-76 Scouts, heh heh.  One win in their last 44 games.  1974-75 Caps were even worse.

At Disney this week, so I can’t see this one.  Can’t say I’m heartbroken...

You know it’s going to be a rough wind-down to the end of the season when you’re starting to think about baseball...and you’re a METS FAN.  

Oh well...LGD!

Whoops, yep, 75-76 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Did you manage to get fast passes for the Avatar ride? Not the boat ride but the 3D one where you fly on the bird thing.

Flight of Passage...did that last year, a bunch of times.  Have the FP+ for that tomorrow morning.  We stay on property (Polynesian this time) and book everything well in advance.  Unfortunately the only way to get the most out of Disney with the current setup is to kiss spontaneity goodbye.  And deal with ever-growing crowds, even during “off-peak” times.  It’s getting to the point where they’ll need a fifth gate...what was helping through the years was new parks being added...Epcot, then Hollywood (originally MGM), then Animal Kingdom.  Parks have obviously been expanded, but it’s starting to feel like another park would work wonders.  They really could’ve designed and built a pure Sci-Fi park, with a ton of Star Wars stuff and some Guardians of the Galaxy and other goodies as well...but that ship sailed.  New Guardians of the Galaxy Ride will open in Epcot, Tron light cycle ride will open in Tomorrowland in 2021, and a large Star Wars addition to Hollywood opens later this year (it’s very close to being completed).  Toy Story Land opened not too long ago in Hollywood and it’s pretty cool (especially lit up at night), but outside of one new (but very sweet) coaster, it doesn’t offer a ton of new stuff.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping we can see some good performances from the young guys . Might as well treat the remained of the season as an extended prospect camp. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Flight of Passage...did that last year, a bunch of times.  Have the FP+ for that tomorrow morning.  We stay on property (Polynesian this time) and book everything well in advance.  Unfortunately the only way to get the most out of Disney with the current setup is to kiss spontaneity goodbye.  And deal with ever-growing crowds, even during “off-peak” times.  It’s getting to the point where they’ll need a fifth gate...what was helping through the years was new parks being added...Epcot, then Hollywood (originally MGM), then Animal Kingdom.  Parks have obviously been expanded, but it’s starting to feel like another park would work wonders.  They really could’ve designed and built a pure Sci-Fi park, with a ton of Star Wars stuff and some Guardians of the Galaxy and other goodies as well...but that ship sailed.  New Guardians of the Galaxy Ride will open in Epcot, Tron light cycle ride will open in Tomorrowland in 2021, and a large Star Wars addition to Hollywood opens later this year (it’s very close to being completed).  Toy Story Land opened not too long ago in Hollywood and it’s pretty cool (especially lit up at night), but outside of one new (but very sweet) coaster, it doesn’t offer a ton of new stuff.  

Yeah Flight of Passage! That’s it. Incredible experience. I usually don’t like 3D rides but that takes it to the next level. 

I live in orlando right now and I almost never go to the parks. Only when my parent come visit (they’re in Jacksonville now and have season passes). The parks are just too crowded and they haven’t added too much until recently. 

I just read that they’re changing the whole entrance to Epcot. Complete makeover. Supposed to be some high tec thing. They’re moving all of those rocks or whatever that people had their faces engraved on them to outside of the gates. I only bring that up because my family is on there haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jerzey said:

Yeah Flight of Passage! That’s it. Incredible experience. I usually don’t like 3D rides but that takes it to the next level. 

I live in orlando right now and I almost never go to the parks. Only when my parent come visit (they’re in Jacksonville now and have season passes). The parks are just too crowded and they haven’t added too much until recently. 

I just read that they’re changing the whole entrance to Epcot. Complete makeover. Supposed to be some high tec thing. They’re moving all of those rocks or whatever that people had their faces engraved on them to outside of the gates. I only bring that up because my family is on there haha.

Epcot badly needs a refresh...especially the buildings before the World Showcase area.  Feels like a real mish-mosh of dated buildings, though there’s some fine attractions there (Spaceship Earth, Soarin’ and Test Track come to mind).  The fairly new Frozen ride and the on-its-way Guardian of the Galaxy ride has shown that the original vision for Epcot is dying anyway...gives Disney plenty of freedom to reinvent much of that non-WS part of Epcot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That may be the worst group of forward lines I've ever seen in an NHL game.

I want to put this team up against the 76-77 Scouts. 

Why, just because the third best forward we have out there isn't even a forward?

By my count, there's 18 guys on the ice tonight, and there's a legit argument that 11 of them don't belong in the NHL. 

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Epcot badly needs a refresh...especially the buildings before the World Showcase area.  Feels like a real mish-mosh of dated buildings, though there’s some fine attractions there (Spaceship Earth, Soarin’ and Test Track come to mind).  The fairly new Frozen ride and the on-its-way Guardian of the Galaxy ride has shown that the original vision for Epcot is dying anyway...gives Disney plenty of freedom to reinvent much of that non-WS part of Epcot.

Forgot you were down there right now, I am very jealous. I also heard through the grapevine that the crowds have been unusually light, which is awesome for you. Have fun man!

Totally agree about Epcot, though. While the World Showcase is pretty much fine as is (minor updates here and there, like the Frozen stuff, are helpful), the rest of the park is extremely dated. We're down to about a half day visit there unless we decide to go eat stuff in the different countries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Why, just because the third best forward we have out there isn't even a forward?

By my count, there's 18 guys on the ice tonight, and there's a legit argument that 11 of them don't belong in the NHL. 

Forgot you were down there right now, I am very jealous. I also heard through the grapevine that the crowds have been unusually light, which is awesome for you. Have fun man!

Totally agree about Epcot, though. While the World Showcase is pretty much fine as is (minor updates here and there, like the Frozen stuff, are helpful), the rest of the park is extremely dated. We're down to about a half day visit there unless we decide to go eat stuff in the different countries. 

Grapevine is busted, heh heh.  It’s actually been surprisingly very busy...not July 4 or December 25-31 busy, but quite crowded.  

Epcot’s become our “go-to” for dinner most nights.  Some nice attractions there too.  But yeah, one leisurely day or a more motivated half-day is more than enough.  Like we’ve both noted, the non-WS is aging more and more, in a very bad way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been about 20 years for me since I last went to Disney, but EPCOT was always my favorite.  From what I see online the "future" world area around Spaceship Earth definitely does need a complete and total revamp.  The world showcase could use a little sprucing up as well.  From what I have heard Disney is looking to add a country or two in there since they haven't added any since the late 80's with Norway.  Originally, Soviet Union and Israel were supposed to be part of it but were scrapped due to political reasons.  Also, some were never fully finished like Italy and Germany, who were each supposed to have rides in them.  I think Japan is another one that was supposed to have a ride too but they ran out of time/money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.