GDT: Blue Jackets @ (Binghamton) Devils 7:00 PM MSG+2

MadDog2020

It was pretty hard to watch the game last night.  I thought McLeod played decent and it seems like the most we see of him the more he probably has the most tangible skills, but it still didn't really seem like his game translates all that well to the NHL level.  I'm kinda with titans04, no one really jumps out at me as a difference maker or someone who make the team and immediately make an impact.  Granted the sample size is small and there's tons of chemistry issues still, but I think the rest of this season and the final 15 games or so will give us a good look and what we have in the organization in terms of depth and where we need to focus our attention in the off-season.

• Like 1

I thought McLeod's game last night was split right down the middle, the first half I thought he was just terrible and was turning the puck over a lot and looked panicked with the puck, but then the second half it seemed like he settled in and was making plays and nearly scored the game-winner. He was probably one of our best players in the 2nd half of that game while easily being one of our worst in the first half, hopefully he can settle in more with likely even more ice coming his way with all the injuries we have.

• Like 3

I watched about half the game.  That's about all I care about these days with the Bing Devils.

Columbus not curb-stomping us is embarrassing.  How they didn't put up at least 5 goals on this sad sack team is beyond incredible.  I hope they barely miss the playoffs and lose their upcoming FA so they are fvcked for the next 5 years.

Oh and it looks like Columbus threw KK a bone by dressing him as the backup last night even though he had zero business to even do that.  Either he begged his management/Torts or they felt bad for him so they decided to dress him so the camera doesn't pan to him after his "tribute" and he is wearing street clothes in a luxury box.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I watched about half the game.  That's about all I care about these days with the Bing Devils.

Columbus not curb-stomping us is embarrassing.  How they didn't put up at least 5 goals on this sad sack team is beyond incredible.  I hope they barely miss the playoffs and lose their upcoming FA so they are fvcked for the next 5 years.

Oh and it looks like Columbus threw KK a bone by dressing him as the backup last night even though he had zero business to even do that.  Either he begged his management/Torts or they felt bad for him so they decided to dress him so the camera doesn't pan to him after his "tribute" and he is wearing street clothes in a luxury box.

They probably considered putting him in to play a minute or so, but didn’t want us putting up 5 goals. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

I thought McLeod's game last night was split right down the middle, the first half I thought he was just terrible and was turning the puck over a lot and looked panicked with the puck, but then the second half it seemed like he settled in and was making plays and nearly scored the game-winner. He was probably one of our best players in the 2nd half of that game while easily being one of our worst in the first half, hopefully he can settle in more with likely even more ice coming his way with all the injuries we have.

It seems to me that McLeods hands are faster than his mind. He looks the tiniest bit out of sync, I guess. I think it'll come together for him with more time. 

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It seems to me that McLeods hands are faster than his mind. He looks the tiniest bit out of sync, I guess. I think it'll come together for him with more time. 

So his hands plus Miles Wood’s feet plus whose brain equals the perfect hockey player?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Well the good news is he should get plenty of it for the rest of the season.

Hope we have a better idea of what we're working with come April.