GDT: Crap versus Trash, 9 Mar @ 7p

jagknife

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Missed this one tonight.... from the sound of it, I’m glad I did.

One period of hope followed by me asking myself why I bother.

and to think I felt weird missing a bunch of games the past few weeks cause of work... there were times tonight I had no clue who was wearing what numbers. Lappin and Anderson were two where I was legit drawing blanks as to who they were.

I don't care about the Knicks or the NBA but it's sorta Rangers related... lmfao what a loser piece of sh!t Dolan is, Nets should roll out the red carpet for this fan lol That guy was definitely a transplant though a real native to this area would have said a lot worse and got in his face after that lol 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't care about the Knicks or the NBA but it's sorta Rangers related... lmfao what a loser piece of sh!t Dolan is, Nets should roll out the red carpet for this fan lol That guy was definitely a transplant though a real native to this area would have said a lot worse and got in his face after that lol 

Dolan is such a thin-skinned little douche. All the guy said was ‘sell the team’. No profanity. Nothing personal or insulting. What a little fvcking turd. The guy should’ve told Dolan to go fvck himself.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dolan is such a thin-skinned little douche. All the guy said was ‘sell the team’. No profanity. Nothing personal or insulting. What a little fvcking turd. The guy should’ve told Dolan to go fvck himself.

He really is an entitled hateable piece of sh!t.  Imagine ever sitting at a dinner table with this complete douchenozzle and Jeffy Wilpon.  Have to be the most unlikeable owners in all of sports. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He really is an entitled hateable piece of sh!t.  Imagine ever sitting at a dinner table with this complete douchenozzle and Jeffy Wilpon.  Have to be the most unlikeable owners in all of sports. 

Those two together? That would be absolutely insufferable. Though I’d like to think that as big a douche as Wilpon is, he probably would’ve kept walking and ignored the guy, like pretty much all owners would. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Those two together? That would be absolutely insufferable. Though I’d like to think that as big a douche as Wilpon is, he probably would’ve kept walking and ignored the guy, like most owners. 

Jeffy is a pretty horrible human being (this jerk once took digs at a Met employee who was unmarried and pregnant), but yeah, hard to imagine that even he'd stoop to booting a fan who simply yelled "Sell the team!"  Well, Dolan and Jeffy definitely have one thing very much in common...they forever embarrass themselves and make complete asses out of themselves again and again, and are oblivious to that sad reality time and time again.  I'm sure Dolan thinks he's a basketball guy just as much as Jeffy considers himself a baseball man.  At least I only root for the Mets...I can't imagine being both a Met AND Knick fan (or a Met, Jet, and Knick trifecta for that matter).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

I have no idea how I never knew this was thing but I kept seeing comments saying the fan should have told Dolan that his bands sucks. What a sad existence it must be to have to pay people to actually do this with you and pretend that it's actually any good and pretend that they actually want to do this, and those teeth lmfao...

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I have no idea how I never knew this was thing but I kept seeing comments saying the fan should have told Dolan that his bands sucks. What a sad existence it must be to have to pay people to actually do this with you and pretend that it's actually any good and pretend that actually want to do this, and those teeth lmfao...

Yeah he's had that stupid band thing going forever.  Nice when Daddy is worth gazillions and you never really have to do anything worthwhile on your own. 

What would be great is if every Knick fan in the building for the remainder of the season alternatively chanted "SELL THE TEAM!" and "YOUR BAND SUCKS!" for as much of the games as possible.  Whatcha gonna do Jimmy, ban them all?  Go crying to daddy that everyone's so mean?  Go fvck yourself and then eat a d!ck for dessert.

• Like 3

On 3/10/2019 at 4:23 AM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

When does this god forsake season end? 

This has been my least favourite season as a Devil's fan ever. 

The one where we got Nico was pretty bad, too.

But yeah, this season felt like it was over almost right after it began.. we had 'meaningful' hockey for what, two months?

Sucks.

Watched the entire first period and then off and on the rest of the game.  Even in games against the Rangers this team has a hard time keeping my attention for anything more than an hour.  I am trying not to waste energy on a depleted team that is icing largely an AHL team.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Watched the entire first period and then off and on the rest of the game.  Even in games against the Rangers this team has a hard time keeping my attention for anything more than an hour.  I am trying not to waste energy on a depleted team that is icing largely an AHL team.

I watched both the Caps and Rangers game, and though I know extenuating circumstances (mostly injuries) led to the mess we're currently watching, it's a bit too close to some of the more awful Devils teams in recent seasons for comfort.  It's nice to see both Blackwood and (as of late, anyway) Cory rocking .930+ save%s, but outside of that, there's not really much to watch.  I feel bad for Palms...looked like he had a legit shot at a career high in goals for much of this season, but then he misses some games, and the guys he has some real chemistry with may not be back before season's end.  As we've been over, for all that went right last season, so much went wrong in 2018-19. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I watched both the Caps and Rangers game, and though I know extenuating circumstances (mostly injuries) led to the mess we're currently watching, it's a bit too close to some of the more awful Devils teams in recent seasons for comfort.  It's nice to see both Blackwood and (as of late, anyway) Cory rocking .930+ save%s, but outside of that, there's not really much to watch.  I feel bad for Palms...looked like he had a legit shot at a career high in goals for much of this season, but then he misses some games, and the guys he has some real chemistry with may not be back before season's end.  As we've been over, for all that went right last season, so much went wrong in 2018-19. 

Even before the rash of injuries that started to devastate the team (I consider Hall going down after 12/23 as being the start of this current avalanche), the team was a house of cards.  All it took was for both goaltenders to not be good and/or for only 1-2 key people to be out of the lineup.  Unfortunately both happened and the Devils were just flat-out not good since the second week of the season.

Shero has 10 picks in this year's draft.  If he ends up using all of them I will be very disappointed.  He has more than enough to swing one or two of those for a roster player at the draft and with any luck we will have a nice top pick as well.  While I hate saying it, he should take at least a gamble on one player in free agency as well.  We have enough cap space to handle 1-2 stupid contracts and with Zajac's and Greene's contracts winding down.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

The one where we got Nico was pretty bad, too.

But yeah, this season felt like it was over almost right after it began.. we had 'meaningful' hockey for what, two months?

Sucks.

That season was up and down , started really quite well and was looking good until an absolutely brutal December. We picked up in January , but got destroyed after the deadline . But we had some spells were we put 5 wins on the bounce together. 

This year has been brutal, outside the 4 game winning streak to start we have barely been able to put two wins together.  Apart from a blip in December this team has been horrible since late November.