GDT: Binghamton @ Calgary 9:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

revenge for what exactly ? lol 

They are one of the best team in the league, we're one of the worst and 85% of our roster is AHL material... 

were they supposed to stop trying and not improve their personal stats and all that stuff out of pity? Their fans loved it. They owe us nothing

They owe us nothing but when the tables are reversed and Calgary is mediocre again I hope the Devils remember this game every time they see this team. That's all. 

8 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Yep. I'm thinking the same thing. Me thinks he asks for a trade off this sh!tshow to go back home and play for a Cup

I’m pretty sure Hall realizes that every forward on the roster worth half a sh!t, except for about three, is injured right now. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Yep. I'm thinking the same thing. Me thinks he asks for a trade off this sh!tshow to go back home and play for a Cup

Tkachuk and Bennet are due for raises next season and Gaudreau in a few season. Can't see how they'd fit Hall in there

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Wait I checked at dinner and it was 3-1. 

Wat in tarnation

I went to sleep just after I saw the notification on my phone that Zajac scored a short-handed goal late in the 2nd to make it 4-3 Devils.  No joke, my actual thought was "wow, 4 goals against a good team, on the road, and we just potted a short handed goal to boot. Looks like we're going to win this one".  

Wake up the next morning to find out Calgary had a 6 goal 3rd period and we lost 9-4. :lol:  Can't make this sh!t up.

I do feel bad for Blackwood - guy was left hanging out to dry on so many of those goals.  With that said, some of them were pretty damn nice - sick passing and finish by Calgary.  Wish BW would've stopped the penalty shot to give him some confidence, but that's asking a lot against one of the top forwards in the league.

In regards to the Flames running up the score - it sucks, but the others who said it are right - they don't owe us anything, and if I was their coach, I'd expect them to stay sharp and keep trying.  They're trying to stay in form and go into the post-season with momentum.  Plus, this team we have is full of straight AHLers for the most part, so really a 9-4 game against one of the top teams in the league seems about right, at least in terms of the final goal differential. As much as players want to get retribution for a shellacking they took against a certain team last time, there's nothing to really get revenge for about last night, it was just a regular beatdown that, prior to the game, was to be expected quite frankly, and hardly any of the guys on the think for us last night will be on the team the next time we play them anyway, so it's a moot point.

Is it draft day yet?

I fell asleep on my couch when it was 6-4, did not expect to see 9-4 when I woke up in 20 minutes lol, yikers.

From the looks of it, just about every goal was blown coverage or just unexplainable gaffs (Tangradi, I'm looking at you mate). I'm just hoping some of our NHL talent can come back soon, seeing the likes of Blake Pietila in this lineup every night is just nauseating. I don't care if it helps with the tank, we're literally watching average AHL players every night right now, we can't even hang on hat on our youngsters like Nico and Bratt because even they're out.

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Too bad no one has the balls to start a fvcking brawl.

Though I'm not usually a proponent of this, I think it's different when you're a good team that shouldn't be getting its collective ass kicked all over the ice...and this current Devils team is obviously not that.  When I look at the box score from last night and I see the names that suited up for the Devils, I can't ask that group to brawl for the sake of brawling...like SD alluded to, it's kinda miraculous that they were somehow leading after two periods...and like '7' alluded to, though that group is clearly trying its best, it's damned near to the point where icing that team is borderline offensive.  Hell, the one clown who was remotely capable of starting something (Gabriel) wasn't even playing, and even then, the last thing I'd need to see is Gabriel make an ass out of himself either slipping or getting pummeled...sometimes as a team, you can only take so many defeats.  Another issue that's fair to consider is the Devils simply don't have many bodies left...with their luck as of late, a player or two would probably get injured in a huge mega-brawl.  Save the fight for another day.

And today's NHL is just different now.  The Flyers were really the only team in recent years that I can recall still embracing the "Can't beat em, then beat em up" mantra, and I don't think they've done much of it at all.

Anyway, considering the turn of events, I'm not really angry about these losses and I don't really care about how ugly they get...as we often hear when a horrific event is reaching its end, "It will all be over soon"...definitely not soon enough, but soon.  

A couple of things I don't really want to see or hear for now:

1) Any comments about progress having made under Hynes or what a great teacher and coach Hynes is.  I'm not saying that these points don't have any element of truth to them.  I'm saying I don't want to hear that as the team is playing somewhere between just competitive enough to lose and so bad that it looks like they shouldn't have even bothered.  Save that talk for when the Devils don't look like a trainwreck running into a dumpster fire.

2) Maybe this one isn't a big deal, but after Mac gave up three quickies to start the third period, did Hynes really have to leave him in there?  Mac has been a rare bright spot as of late, and he's still a young rookie...I just don't think there's much to gain by leaving him in games like last night's.  Sure, the Devils are trying to build Cory back up too, so throwing him to the wolves last night wouldn't have necessarily been ideal either...I'm not saying these are easy waters to navigate.  But I think it wouldn't hurt to be a little more careful with Mac. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Hall’s hometown team is probably looking mighty tempting right about now...

I can't imagine Hall is putting any thought into the current roster and outcomes.

We're tanking. He knows it, the team knows it, and the fans know it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

There’s no question. I had playoff hopes for this sh!tstorm of a season. This is the single most demoralizing season I have ever been a part of, and I can’t wait for it to end.

Last year I made some parallels, as far as the 1987-88 and 2017-88 Devils went. 

Unfortunately, some can also be made between the 1988-89 and 2018-19 Devils.  And for me the 1988-89 season was the most disappointing.  For how ever little it's worth, the 1989-90 team and those that immediately followed were at least competitive and did make the playoffs.  Right now I'll happily settle for legitimately competitive for 2019-20. 

• Like 1