Sign in to follow this  
DevilMinder

3/19 Caps at Devils. Game 74 NBCSN for TV

Wouldn't shock me, every player seems to get milestones against the Devils.

I wonder how many goals Burakovsky has against us.  Seems like he scores literally every time we play the Caps.

Looked accidental with Palms there, still worry about concussions.

• Like 1

I'm actually at this one, first year I've used all my buybacks and I wish I had more. Can't justify paying NHL money for an AHL team. At least one of my seats is basically 2/3rds paid for since I used them all. Glad the season is almost over at least. 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

my god Gabriel is the fvcking worst

I've been working on a player evaluation project that's largely analytics-based, and something I've noticed while I've been doing research is that Gabriel has to be one of the least valuable forwards to play in the NHL this year. He literally ranks in the bottom percentile for just about every relevant advanced stat, he's just so, so bad.

At least he brings my ape brain some joy occasionally when he gets in a fight, lol

• Like 4

Hey, Agostino might end up being a decent depth find out of all this. Really don't mind him at all, he can at least put a few pucks in if he gets the chance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Hey, Agostino might end up being a decent depth find out of all this. Really don't mind him at all, he can at least put a few pucks in if he gets the chance.

I’ve liked his game. He should be in the mix for a bottom six role next year.

33 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

I've been working on a player evaluation project that's largely analytics-based, and something I've noticed while I've been doing research is that Gabriel has to be one of the least valuable forwards to play in the NHL this year. He literally ranks in the bottom percentile for just about every relevant advanced stat, he's just so, so bad.

At least he brings my ape brain some joy occasionally when he gets in a fight, lol

Plus to me he's perhaps the worst in the league when it comes to the eye test. 

• Like 1

Hard to fault Blackwood on a 2 on 1 there, but would like to see him close the legs and stop that puck when the defender took the passer away.  Seems like BW's weakness is definitely down low, with the 5 hole potentially being the weakest.  

We are starting to wear down defensively.  Witness the poor defensive positioning of the d-men and lack of backchecking by the forwards.  AHLers do not belong at this level.  AND A TOTAL LACK OF EFFORT BY MOST!!!

if dagostino can end up being anything good. i still think he may just be another DSP tho... doing well right away then meh

Why am I still watching?  WHY WHY WHY?!

• Angry 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

This team is a dumpster fire. Season can't end soon enough. 

Well said!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aclc79 said:

We are starting to wear down defensively.  Witness the poor defensive positioning of the d-men and lack of backchecking by the forwards.  AHLers do not belong at this level.  AND A TOTAL LACK OF EFFORT BY MOST!!!

Actually, I do think they try quite a bit.  But effort can't cover up for lack of experience, and more importantly, lack of talent. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Why am I still watching?  WHY WHY WHY?!

Morbid curiosity?

4 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

More about they suck ass than wearing down. 

Can someone give us an update that shows our defense is still pretty good and not a problem? 

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

More about they suck ass than wearing down. 

Can someone give us an update that shows our defense is still pretty good and not a problem? 

Nasreddine