3/19 Caps at Devils. Game 74 NBCSN for TV

DevilMinder

When my daughter gets to that age when she starts to blame me for whatever horrible things she thinks I've done...first on the list might be me taking her to the game this Saturday.  Watching this team at the moment definitely has the potential to leave scars...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Actually, I do think they try quite a bit.  But effort can't cover up for lack of experience, and more importantly, lack of talent. 

Most our D are NHLers...still suck tonight like the rest of the team.

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

Meh, Yakovlev and Santini are far from proven, Carrick's nothing special, Greene's been declining, no Vats...it ain't good...

• Like 2

Right now Erika and Bryce are probably downing shots somewhere and saying "Thank God we don't have to cover THIS sh!t tonight...another Jager my good man!"

And sadly right now I'm thinking it's nice to get a break from Dano...Devils really gotta start to wonder if he should really keep his gig...just not sure how much more time this "experiment" should get, because if anything, I think he's getting worse at this...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

In case you can one day say "I was watching the game when Ovi scored this highlight reel goal" 

Heh heh, more to root for certain guys, but there's so few guys who are worth a damn, as far as being a legit part of this team's future goes. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Right now Erika and Bryce are probably downing shots somewhere and saying "Thank God we don't have to cover THIS sh!t tonight...another Jager my good man!"

And sadly right now I'm thinking it's nice to get a break from Dano...Devils really gotta start to wonder if he should really keep his gig...just not sure how much more time this "experiment" should get, because if anything, I think he's getting worse at this...

Pull the plug!!

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

gotta feel for guys like travis zajac, man this sucks

BREAKING: LIVE SHOT OF TRAVIS ZAJAC AND KYLE PALMIERI IN THE LOCKER ROOM FOLLOWING TONIGHT'S LOSS:

cry, money, tears

CORY SCHNEIDER WEIGHED IN WITH THE FOLLOWING:

Image result for crying with money

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Pull the plug!!

This is the problem with handing public positions to franchise icons.

How the hell do you gracefully and respectfully fire Dano?  By all accounts he's fvcking terrible at his job.  But I doubt he goes quietly.

Edited by Devilsfan118

36 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think Dano is fine, there are way worse people out there around the league that do his job. Hell look at the Rangers and Islanders in this area alone. 

I’ve never had a problem with him. Is his voice great? No. Does he ramble, and act like a homer? Yep. But there’s way worse around the league. 

You all should have heard how bad some of the early CBJ broadcasts were when they first got a team. They were awful lol

I can’t stand Buffalo’s either. 

And then there’s some that are just flat out boring, and put me to sleep. I think Cangi and Dano are at least somewhat entertaining. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

This is the problem with handing public positions to franchise icons.

How the hell do you gracefully and respectfully fire Dano?  By all accounts he's fvcking terrible at his job.  But I doubt he goes quietly.

They don’t have to fire him, he can just be reassigned to something else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devs64 said:

I could not figure out how they were soooo out of position, play after play after play.  And Captain Leadskates just does not have the footspeed any more to cover their butts.  Poor MB29, even he caught the virus....

Nothing to say about this team that hasn't already been said. Hope Palms is alright.

But those NBCSN announcers last nite..... wow. Horrible.

I live in Virginia, so for the longest time, the only hockey I got to watch was when the Capitals played, and over the years I grew to hate Joe Beninati and Craig Laughlin.

They were a welcome sound for sore ears after that amateur hour crew on NBCSN last night.

11 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

I've been working on a player evaluation project that's largely analytics-based, and something I've noticed while I've been doing research is that Gabriel has to be one of the least valuable forwards to play in the NHL this year. He literally ranks in the bottom percentile for just about every relevant advanced stat, he's just so, so bad.

At least he brings my ape brain some joy occasionally when he gets in a fight, lol

Fights he loses in ridiculous fashion. I see him more as comic relief.