GDT: Coyotes @ NEW JERSEY Devils 1:00 PM

MadDog2020

13 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

It was opposite day for me, saw the Devils beat a team that they shouldn't have and the Red Bulls lose to a team they shouldn't have. 

I couldn’t watch either game, thanks random Arizona blackouts for lol, but what the hell happened to RBNY?

On 3/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah Devils definitely looked better than their offensive output would lead one to believe...having so many guys back clearly made a huge difference, especially on the power play...they simply didn’t convert.  And yeah, nice win for Mac.  He deserved it.

And as SH alluded to, nice-sized crowd...a lot of late arrivers to the loft...was considerably more crowded in the second period than the first.  

This game was a Christmas present from my wife. We took our two kids, it was their first win in three games attended (all of them went to OT).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

This game was a Christmas present from my wife. We took our two kids, it was their first win in three games attended (all of them went to OT).

Nice, my poor kid had to suffer through a lot of shutouts when I first started taking her.  The last couple of years, she's seen her fair share of good games...that, and now she has a much better grasp of the rules and what the penalties are.  I apologized to her for the team having such a difficult season, and she said she still loves going to the games and wants to go back next season...even asked if we could squeeze in one last game before the season ends (wasn't planning on it...I really considered this last game a goodbye of sorts to the Devils for 2018-19).  Glad that this rough year didn't sap her enthusiasm. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

My daughter and I made it to 6 games, I think we won 5 and lost one in OT. She’s good luck. 

So where the hell were you two the other 35 games?  2018-19 is all your fault...

I didn't keep track of how many games we went to, but it was enough that I got a couple of "AGAIN?!"s from my wife, when I told her that me and my daughter would be going to yet another game. 

Results were obviously what they were, but I wouldn't trade the memories we made for anything.  She actually loves this hockey thing as much as I do.  The moment where Vats gave her a practice puck will never be forgotten...that amazing way that only a kid's face can light up...priceless.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Their home record all things considered this season is actually decent, it's the road record that's really killed them... 

18-14-6 at home 

10-25-3 on the road

The passable home record was really buoyed by a strong start there...including the Edmonton home game that really wasn't a home game, they got off to a 13-5-4 start at home (if they hadn't been so awful at 3-on-3 they could've been even better...they were 1-4 in OT games in those home games).  They're 5-9-2 there since, but of course it's not like they've been particularly great anywhere as of late...they've won just 6 games in regulation in their last 31 GP (overall record is 10-19-2 for that stretch).  Ouch. 

• Like 1