GDT: Blues @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+ Fan Appreciation Night

MadDog2020

Just now, mfitz804 said:

You tank guys must be dying. Me, I can’t complain about a great game where we held our own against a playoff team. 

Im still rooting for us. LGD. 

rooting for tanking IS rooting for us. Where is REALLY matters and where an extra point could cost us for decades

Edited by SterioDesign

Just now, SterioDesign said:

rooting for tanking IS rooting for us

No it’s not. 

Just now, aclc79 said:

It seems that we may not have a goaltending issue after all.  One less thing to worry about....

Yup. Just coaching, offense, defense, PP and PK, OT and shootouts are an issue going forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

No it’s not. 

Yup. Just coaching, offense, defense, PP and PK, OT and shootouts are an issue going forward. 

Yes it is. winning a meaningless game right now means NOTHING while drafting Dude A vs Dude B can impact this team positively or negatively for years

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Yes it is. winning a meaningless game right now means NOTHING while drafting Dude A vs Dude B can impact this team positively or negatively for years

Yeah, “for decades” I heard. 

Or, we could draft Dude B and he could wind up being the best guy in the draft class. Ask Vancouver. 

The concept that drafting 5th instead of 3rd or 2nd or whatever in one draft year will affect the team for “decades” is a joke. Unless Jesus Christ is available, although we all know, he’s a goalie for obvious reasons. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, “for decades” I heard. 

Or, we could draft Dude B and he could wind up being the best guy in the draft class. Ask Vancouver. 

yeah but the best we can do is put ourselves in the best possible position to get the best guy

just stop acting like you're such a better fan for "not giving up". Shut up we want them to be in a good position for the best of the team

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah but the best we can do is put ourselves in the best possible position to get the best guy

just stop acting like you're such a better fan for "not giving up". Shut up we want them to be in a good position for the best of the team

I didn’t say I’m a better fan. You made a moronic statement and I pointed it out. One draft pick is going to shape the next 20 years of our franchise? Is Wayne Gretzky’s 18 year old clone available??

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Kaapo Kako here we come 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn’t say I’m a better fan. You made a moronic statement and I pointed it out. One draft pick is going to shape the next 20 years of our franchise? Is Wayne Gretzky’s 18 year old clone available??

ohhh so you subscribe to the idea that a 6th overall pick could be just as good as a 3rd overall to support your point... but when i say that drafting one pick "down" COULD POTENTIALLY impact a team for decades... just like Elias did compared to the next pick...Rudolf Vercik who never played a game in the league. It's a moronic statement. Okay okay okay okay okay.... 

back to that terrible 2015 season. Wouldnt you trade 5 wins so we could have Marner right now? drafting the RIGHT player is so much more important than winning an extra game in a loss season

Edited by SterioDesign

It is a moronic statement, you’re overestimating the effect of one draft pick. And I gave you the benefit of saying “decades” being only 20 years. You could’ve meant 30, 40, etc. 

Drafting the wrong guy can affect a team, but drafting up one pick doesn’t mean you get the better guy. Your best example is the 51st overall pick who was passed over by everyone. Clearly being up one spot would’ve made little to no difference there. 

The bottom line is, all I said was I enjoyed the game and I was still rooting for my team. Nobody said anything about you being an idiot because you have been advocating tanking for months. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It is a moronic statement, you’re overestimating the effect of one draft pick. And I gave you the benefit of saying “decades” being only 20 years. You could’ve meant 30, 40, etc. 

Drafting the wrong guy can affect a team, but drafting up one pick doesn’t mean you get the better guy. Your best example is the 51st overall pick who was passed over by everyone. Clearly being up one spot would’ve made little to no difference there. 

The bottom line is, all I said was I enjoyed the game and I was still rooting for my team. Nobody said anything about you being an idiot because you have been advocating tanking for months. 

you've been jabbing at people rooting for us to be in a better draft position before today don't be such a hypocrite

Just now, SterioDesign said:

you've been jabbing at people rooting for us to be in a better draft position before today don't be such a hypocrite

I didn’t jab at anyone today, you jabbed at me. Don’t be surprised when you get jabbed back, dummy. 

Just now, aclc79 said:

To ask professional players to tank, especially if they happen to be fighting to stay in the show, is asking a bit much.

Exactly right, and as I’ve pointed out, players don’t tank, management does. Management put a team of losers out there for weeks, that’s what they could do. There’s no denying we tanked. Any player who would play less hard has a serious integrity issue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Exactly right, and as I’ve pointed out, players don’t tank, management does. Management put a team of losers out there for weeks, that’s what they could do. There’s no denying we tanked. Any player who would play less hard has a serious integrity issue. 

totally true

I always prefer here to HF boards but I think the one thing that they do right is keeping the tanking stuff out of the game day threads. 

We have the race to the bottom thread for a reason. 

Crowd was great tonight. A shame no team posters or anything were handed out after the game. That was something they normally do every year but there was only free cans of Pepsi zero lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I always prefer here to HF boards but I think the one thing that they do right is keeping the tanking stuff out of the game day threads. 

We have the race to the bottom thread for a reason. 

Crowd was great tonight. A shame no team posters or anything were handed out after the game. That was something they normally do every year but there was only free cans of Pepsi zero lol

I will say though, I’m always thirsty driving home, and I never want to stop anywhere. I’d even drink a Pepsi Zero in that circumstance lol.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Why is it so hard to understand that I can cheer for my time when they’re playing and be happy when they lose? 

My rooting interests don’t change the outcomes. If they did, we’d have a lot more Stanley Cups by now and there’s an 80% chance I’d have Taylor Hall on my lap right now.

I spend the season watching the games the same way: from puck drop until final horn I hope we win. After the game; if we lose I’m either sad because we needed to win or happy because it helped that we lost.

Why do some people care so fvcking much how others react? SD; you’re the only one instigating. Like always. Don’t say stupid stuff, act like the aggressor, and then blow a fvcking gasket because you got called out. 

I haven’t seen Taylor Hall in months, and you’re on NJDevs like a tenth of the amount of time you used to be. Just sayin’!

And I agree with the rooting part too. Rooting to lose is stupid. You’re supposed to want your team to win. Even if you don’t, rooting for them to win doesn’t change the result like my man who needs yet another new screen name points out. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2