GDT: Devils @ Carolina 7:00 PM MSG

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Dope save by Cory earlier, but you gotta close that 5 hole there.  Also, sick pass by Hamilton.  And pretty sh!tty of Butcher and whoever else that was on D to let Foegle split them like that.

It was Santini, and they should both be embarrassed. 

• Like 3

Ask anyone from CT how they feel about these fake Whalers.  They even have the audacity to wear the Whaler unis sometimes.  They forfeited that right when they left.  Can you spell SWEEP?

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I hope they get beat so bad in the first three games that they forfeit game 4 against whoever they play. fvck that franchise.

9 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

jog on hot fuzz GIF

Lol I think of Hot Fuzz every time I see it.

Meanwhile I watched the second "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" movie on a flight a couple days ago so the phrase is fresh on my mind.

Sidebar: Awful movie, imo.  Incredibly disappointing.

24 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hynes joined the Pete DeBoer “tough building” club yesterday, and because of it, lost points with me.

whats so hard about that damn building, the emptiness? 

To me, "tough building" is code for "the players I have simply suck" from any coach.  Looking back at the lineups Pete had when he used that line I cannot blame him for saying it either.

36 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hynes joined the Pete DeBoer “tough building” club yesterday, and because of it, lost points with me.

It definitely wasn’t empty last night. Looked like it was pretty crazy on tv. 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

To kinda piggyback onto what DM84 is saying, yeah, what can Hynes really say at this point?  His team is currently loaded with meh-ish AHLers who weren't exactly shredding in the AHL either, many of whom weren't slated to be part of the big team if everything had gone according to plan...more than a few are warm bodies at this point.  Not like Hynes (or any coach in his position) is going to say "Well look at what I have to work with...any building with a sheet of ice and an opponent is going to be tough for us to win in!"

Cory finishes out his season with a 2.28 GAA and .927 save% over his last 14 GP.  Team went 6-6-2 in those games, and we know why...not like the Devils are putting many pucks in the net right now.  He got his GAA down to 3.06 for the season, which seems pretty damned miraculous considering how rotten his numbers were less than two months ago.  We were talking about buying him out, and how he might be finished. 

Take out Blackwood's Calgary disaster, and he's put up a 2.26 GAA and .927 save% overall in 21 out of 22 games...that trainwreck knocks his season save% down to .917, but clearly this is a case of one dreadful game dragging down a relatively small sample and making it look worse than it really was. 

At least it looks like Blackwood and the current version of Cory can be part of the solution next season...Devils definitely had significant goalie issues in both 2017-18 (despite making the playoffs) and 2018-19.  Hopefully they can both stay healthy, with neither one regressing.  I'll very happily take a .920-.930 combined save% from the two of them.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1