2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

On 4/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, '7' said:

Still won't count Tampa out with how machine like they were in the regular season, but I'd love to see Columbus dust them. That is a scumbag team

yep, Columbus was up 2-0 against the Caps last year, with 2 OT wins.

Game 3 is a must watch to see what develops

Edited by BlueSkirt

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

He's 28 hardly old.. is he a 60 pt player  or now a 45 pt vet.. as a 50 pt forward what is his salary  range?

Well Zajac put up 46 and, even with all he does defensively, people claim he is overpaid at 5.75m...so...yea.

TJ Oshie, didn't realize he is 32, had 54 points and is making 5.75m. 

James Neal(31) who is usually around 40-50pts, but only did 19 this year, is making 5.75m.

Nino Niederreiter(26) had 53pts and is making 5.25m. He's less consistent over his career though.

Filip Forsberg(24) had 50 pts, down from previous years, making 6M.

Chris Kreider(27) put up 52 pts for a bargain 4.625m

Idk what this all means or if they are even fair comparisons, since it is point related, but both Skinner and Eberle will want to get paid so you can prob add 2-3 million and term to whatever you'd normally give them since it is the open market and some idiot GM would be willing to overpay them.

38 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well Zajac put up 46 and, even with all he does defensively, people claim he is overpaid at 5.75m...so...yea.

TJ Oshie, didn't realize he is 32, had 54 points and is making 5.75m. 

James Neal(31) who is usually around 40-50pts, but only did 19 this year, is making 5.75m.

Nino Niederreiter(26) had 53pts and is making 5.25m. He's less consistent over his career though.

Filip Forsberg(24) had 50 pts, down from previous years, making 6M.

Chris Kreider(27) put up 52 pts for a bargain 4.625m

Idk what this all means or if they are even fair comparisons, since it is point related, but both Skinner and Eberle will want to get paid so you can prob add 2-3 million and term to whatever you'd normally give them since it is the open market and some idiot GM would be willing to overpay them.

That’s a pretty good outline. I’m guessing he’s getting $6m x at least 5 years. 

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Duchane raising his value too. I can't tell if Columbus is just that good right now or if Tampa is sh!tting the bed that badly. 

Feels like the latter to me. I mean CBJ is a decent team, but wtf is up with TB? I understand they coasted through the regular season, but still. 

Wow 2-0 CBJ. They’re really going to win this series aren’t they?

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Feels like the latter to me. I mean CBJ is a decent team, but wtf is up with TB? I understand they coasted through the regular season, but still. 

Wow 2-0 CBJ. They’re really going to win this series aren’t they?

I really cannot see Tampa turning this around at this point. They're playing hopeless.

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

The additions CBJ made at the deadline gelled just in time.   Good for them for going for it when a lot of people were saying they needed to sell at the deadline.   

I was thinking the same thing. What happens if they make a deep run too? Do some of those guys re-sign?

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was thinking the same thing. What happens if they make a deep run too? Do some of those guys re-sign?

You would think Dzingle would be an easy one given that he went to Ohio st.   If Duchene finally tastes success, I could see him wanting to stick around.  Not sure what to make of the two Russians since it seems like their biggest complaint is the lack of nightlife in Columbus or something like that but losing Bob before the big payday would be a blessing IMO.   I think they’ll be fine moving forward if they can sign the two former Sens to extensions

24 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

You would think Dzingle would be an easy one given that he went to Ohio st.   If Duchene finally tastes success, I could see him wanting to stick around.  Not sure what to make of the two Russians since it seems like their biggest complaint is the lack of nightlife in Columbus or something like that but losing Bob before the big payday would be a blessing IMO.   I think they’ll be fine moving forward if they can sign the two former Sens to extensions

It seems like Bob/Bread don't get along with some part of management there, if I remember correctly.

4 hours ago, BlueSkirt said:

The President's Trophy Curse

Since it was created for the 85-86 season 8 President's Trophy winners have won the Stanley Cup as well. 3 others lost in the Stanley Cup Finals and 6, have been eliminated in the first round of the playoffs but none have ever been swept in the first round

I really hope Tampa creates some history and gets swept on Tuesday to become the first President's Trophy winner to ever do so in the first round lol. 

I have mixed feelings wrt CBJ. On one hand they used to be my “2nd team” when they were in the West, and I’ve watched them a ton over the years being right down the highway in Cincinnati, but when they moved to the East it made it a lot harder to root for them. And I can’t express how much I hate Tortorella. Still, after 19 years without any playoff success I guess I should be kind of happy for them.