2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Since it was created for the 85-86 season 8 President's Trophy winners have won the Stanley Cup as well. 3 others lost in the Stanley Cup Finals and 6, have been eliminated in the first round of the playoffs but none have ever been swept in the first round

I really hope Tampa creates some history and gets swept on Tuesday to become the first President's Trophy winner to ever do so in the first round lol. 

At any rate, man has this got to be stunning for their fanbase.  Up 3-0 in the first period of Game 1, probably already feeling like the Lightning are simply going to take care of business in the first round pretty quickly, and move on to bigger and better things...and now they’ve been outscored 12-2 since the start of the second period of Game 1.  It’s not like the BJs are somehow eeking out lucky or ugly wins.  

It’s funny, though I think Columbus took a “Well we’re probably going to suck anyway next year due to UFAs leaving, so might as well go for it in 2018-19” approach (which I can understand given their circumstances), I didn’t think it would work out for them...I think that’s a better approach when you’re clearly in a weak conference...in other words, don’t go all-in if you’re likely to be bounced quickly (or aren’t even a sure bet to make the playoffs to begin with).  Never thought the BJ’s could do this to the Lightning...still need one last win though.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

...I can't believe he's still doing this.

Like, I bet it was well received in the Devils lockerroom since KK was one of the guys.  

But in Columbus.. I mean, I have to imagine a couple guys in the room are like "what the fvck is the 3rd stringer doing..".

Awkward.

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Like, I bet it was well received in the Devils lockerroom since KK was one of the guys.  

But in Columbus.. I mean, I have to imagine a couple guys in the room are like "what the fvck is the 3rd stringer doing..".

Awkward.

Meh. You never know. Kink seems like a pretty likeable guy for the most part (Twitter sensitivity aside). His teammates here loved him, perhaps the guys in Columbus have taken to him as well. It’s probably good for team morale lol. Just playing devils advocate. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hot damn.  Kane's got balls for taking Reaves on.

And he more or less held his own. 

God I love playoff hockey.

Yeah I thought he was going to get killed, instead he just got regular beaten. Nice showing. 

37 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Awkward.

It doesn't feel right that he has a whole new team with new emojis assigned to them. On the other hand, the 3rd stringer should be doing something since he's not playing hockey. He might as well tweet. 

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Good fight between a couple heavyweights. 

Major props to Kane on this one. He's a scoring winger, 30-goal scorer this season, he doesn't need to fight Reaves. Reaves is a legit enforcer, this is his bread and butter, should've never been this close.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Major props to Kane on this one. He's a scoring winger, 30-goal scorer this season, he doesn't need to fight Reaves. Reaves is a legit enforcer, this is his bread and butter, should've never been this close.

Kane is a tough customer. If I remember correctly, he one-punched Matt Cooke once. But that might not be right

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Kane is a tough customer. If I remember correctly, he one-punched Matt Cooke once. But that might not be right

oh he sure did. 

he was named after Evander Holyfield though and his dad was an amateur boxer so he sure knows how to fight

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

i just picture Tortorella giving a speech about the team needing to focus on game 4 and not get distracted because the last game is the hardest to win while his 3rd string goalie is in the corner in street clothes giggling about emojis.  

Douche chill worthy, always has been always will be.  

58 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Russian on Russian crime - damn he smoked the kid. Love Ovi.

Svechnikov probably grew up with Ovechkin posters on his wall....and you know what they say- never meet your heroes.... they may end up kicking the sh!t out of you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thornton also got a game for hitting Nosek in the head last night.

He also tried to paint Evander Kane as a skill player last night and not the fighter he doubles as in the post game scrum, in regards to his fight with Reaves.

I’ll be perfectly okay if he never wins a cup.