2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Pekka is back to being the Pekka we all know: absolutely abysmal in net in the post season

Preds down 4-2 to Dallas, late in the 2nd

EDIT: make that 5-2 early 3rd

EDIT 2: Boyle sets up a good sequence with a solid forecheck. Let’s see if Pekka can not suck

Edited by jagknife

19 minutes ago, devlman said:

The Predators have looked awful. Aside from forsberg, they’re really lacking talent in their forward group. Rinne and their vaunted D have been poor down the stretch and it’s carried over into the playoffs.

Nashville is basically Tampa west at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

Tampa is loaded with talent from Goaltending thru D thru forwards. Nashville’s forward group is hot garbage to be honest.

Tampa is more talented, but I wouldn’t call Nashville’s forwards ‘hot garbage’. They aren’t the ‘79 Canadiens, but they aren’t bad. 

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Tampa is more talented, but I wouldn’t call Nashville’s forwards ‘hot garbage’. They aren’t the ‘79 Canadiens, but they aren’t bad. 

I dunno man, I’ve watched a lot of their games and they don’t generate a lot of offense as a whole. Hot garbage being relative for a supposed top playoff team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jagknife said:

All that regular season talent that can never put it 100% together for the playoffs. Sure they made the Finals once, but still.

I think they just need a coaching change at this point.  If they get to a league average PP, they would still be a legitimate contender.  It’s inexplicable that they are dead last on PP with that roster but they also spend all two minutes trying to set up low percentage blasts from the point.   

13 minutes ago, devlman said:

I dunno man, I’ve watched a lot of their games and they don’t generate a lot of offense as a whole. Hot garbage being relative for a supposed top playoff team.

No doubt their main strength lies on the blue line, but Rinne playing like ass when the chips are down is what’s really killing them. That forward corps should be good enough to win with that D and a top goalie, but it’s hard when the top goalie sh!ts the bed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I think they just need a coaching change at this point.  If they get to a league average PP, they would still be a legitimate contender.  It’s inexplicable that they are dead last on PP with that roster but they also spend all two minutes trying to set up low percentage blasts from the point.   

I’d take Peter Laviolette in a heartbeat for NJ. Guy has taken 3 different teams to the finals. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bonginator11 said:

It was a bad goal yes but the situation was not looking good for San Jose until that goal. Outplayed for most of the game

I want the Sharks to get stomped on Game 7, if for nothing other than to remove yet another guarantee from the books. 

Not at all surprised that the Blues knocked off the Jets - hot team down the stretch still playing strong.  Not surprised Leafs/Bruins is going 7, same for Vegas/Sharks - I picked both of those to go the distance.

Colorado looks strong - early on their top line and main 3 guys were on fire at the start of this season, then they cooled off, and now it seems like they're back to being dominant.  

I'm not that surprised that the Caps murdered the Canes at home last game, and part of my thinks they'll get the job done tonight on the road, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the Canes force Game 7 as well, and if they do, I think it could still be a toss up.  

Also, every year I always wonder if this is the year that the Cup goes back "home" to Canada.  I mean, the sport was started there, and Canadians have so much pride in their teams, yet none of their teams have won since 1993.  Before Winnipeg came back, there was 6 teams out of the then 30 in the league, so math would suggest there would be an average chance of one of them winning every 5 years.  Pretty remarkable that it's been 25.  With 3 Canadian teams makin the post season this year you'd figure that's a pretty decent chance one of them may make a decent run at bringing the Cup back there, especially with Calgary being one of the front-runners, yet here we are and nearly all 3 of them could be knocked out in the first round.  I love it.