2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He's a despicable piece of sh!t. It's bad enough that he whacked the guy in the back of the head but he imediately skated away like a complete coward.  I really wish someone would lay him out.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He's such a piece of sh!t, but God damn he's good at doing what he does.

You can bet Columbus is going to be looking for revenge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Haven’t hated a player so much since Avery. I so miss the old days where this kind of sh!t had consequences on the ice. Could you imagine him playing against Stevens and Daneyko?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

We know what it feels like to sweep a team in the first round and have very little go your way against Carolina in the second.

more often than not it's mostly about the matchup. Some team's system simply does not work against other teams

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

more often than not it's mostly about the matchup. Some team's system simply does not work against other teams

Matchups are important. The playoff survivors figure out how to adjust. I think it was Scott Stevens who said teams don't win championships playing the same way for four rounds. Regarding the Islanders, it's unfortunate they had to play the second round in Brooklyn and not Nassau. I think that was a pretty big deal.

3 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Matchups are important. The playoff survivors figure out how to adjust. I think it was Scott Stevens who said teams don't win championships playing the same way for four rounds. Regarding the Islanders, it's unfortunate they had to play the second round in Brooklyn and not Nassau. I think that was a pretty big deal.

No question. I knew that would hurt them. I’d be irate about that if I was an Isles fan. They should be playing all their games at Nassau Coliseum. Period, end of story. Barclays is a disgrace.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 8:05 PM, Nicomo said:

Nationwide is a pretty nice arena, I will say that. Especially for being almost 20 years old. 

Where in Ohio? 

Northeast, up by Cleveland, I think. I got the invite, hit google and then thought about adding a day on the trip to try and go to Cedars Point

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Northeast, up by Cleveland, I think. I got the invite, hit google and then thought about adding a day on the trip to try and go to Cedars Point

Cedar Point is awesome. Easily one of the best amusement parks in the country. It’s pretty unique being right on the lake like it is. Great views from the big coasters. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So 3 of 4 series are now 2-2 after 4 games, the odd series out are the Islanders who are in full choke mode to the Canes, down 3-0 heading into Game 4 tonight. fvcking losers

Meh, I'm no Islander fan, but I gotta give them some props...just about EVERYONE left them for dead when Tavares bolted.  Most didn't think they'd even sniff the playoffs, let alone sweep a team like the Penguins.  And they've basically lost three one-goal games in this round...two ENGs make the Game 3 score like much more lopsided than the game was...I can't call them chokers.  They were probably a little lucky to get this far, all things considered...looks like some of that good fortune is going the other way.

Next year though, I can definitely see them regressing...Lehner put up a .930 save% for the 2018-19 season and is at .947% for these playoffs.  Can he continue to play at that level? 

I expect the Canes to close it out tonight.  Isles just aren't scoring enough, and I think being on the road will do them in.  I think the combination of the Isles playing at Barclays, and also having a long layoff after their own sweep, spelled deadly for them this series.  Coincidentally, I think if the Canes sweep them this round, it'll hurt them the same way next round, regardless of who they play.

52 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Meh, I'm no Islander fan, but I gotta give them some props...just about EVERYONE left them for dead when Tavares bolted.  Most didn't think they'd even sniff the playoffs, let alone sweep a team like the Penguins.  And they've basically lost three one-goal games in this round...two ENGs make the Game 3 score like much more lopsided than the game was...I can't call them chokers.  They were probably a little lucky to get this far, all things considered...looks like some of that good fortune is going the other way.

Next year though, I can definitely see them regressing...Lehner put up a .930 save% for the 2018-19 season and is at .947% for these playoffs.  Can he continue to play at that level? 

It was definitely funny to see them go further than the Leafs but you're right that they look like us two years ago or the Avalanche a few years back where it was fairly predictable that they would take a step back.   

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm going to go with... 

No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I expect the Canes to close it out tonight.  Isles just aren't scoring enough, and I think being on the road will do them in.  I think the combination of the Isles playing at Barclays, and also having a long layoff after their own sweep, spelled deadly for them this series.  Coincidentally, I think if the Canes sweep them this round, it'll hurt them the same way next round, regardless of who they play.

Imagine how deep in the playoffs they could go if you were to add Tavares to the current roster.. :ninja:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Imagine how deep in the playoffs they could go if you were to add Tavares to the current roster.. :ninja:

No doubt.  They seemed to do well enough without him in the regular season, but I feel like they're not only missing his 40+ goals, but also his leadership especially.

9 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

No doubt.  They seemed to do well enough without him in the regular season, but I feel like they're not only missing his 40+ goals, but also his leadership especially.

Well hopefully his leadership example will make all the UFAs leave the team too so that they are not this good next season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Isles swept by a bunch of a$$holes.

The fact that we could be looking at a Columbus-Carolina ECF is hilarious. Didn't see that coming a few months ago.

I also didn't expect St Louis who was absolute garbage and about to trade everyone a few months ago to be where they are either

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Isles swept by a bunch of a$$holes.

To be honest, I would've been happy either way :   With either team getting eliminated.

Yes, I hate ANY TEAM that has a STAAL in it, as well as the history between the franchises(and our rage)...

..but seeing the Isles get swept was pretty fun, too.

Now that THAT is over,  I'm rooting for Carolina to get beaten in the ECF.

But if I had a preference, I would prefer it be Columbus who does this so I won't have to root for fvcking Marchand.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Like 1