2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I fvcking can't stand the offsides challenge rule, the worst rule in hockey by a mile. Calling a goal off because someone was millimeters offsides on the other side of the play, getting off the ice, is the worst application of offsides I've ever seen. That is totally beyond the scope of the point of the rule. Tell the genius who first slapped a blue line on the ice and came up with the offsides concept about what just happened, they'd probably vomit.

Now I want the Avs to win the cup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah he's awesome. I still prefer having Kevin Smith on our side though haha

I love Kevin Smith, but man is he overdue for a good movie. Yoga Hosers is legitimately one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. I turned it off about 20 minutes in, and I never do that with movies.

Hopefully now that he’s lost all the weight and is healthy and getting his life together he’ll have a return to form. 

1 minute ago, thecoffeecake said:

I fvcking can't stand the offsides challenge rule, the worst rule in hockey by a mile. Calling a goal off because someone was millimeters offsides on the other side of the play, getting off the ice, is the worst application of offsides I've ever seen. That is totally beyond the scope of the point of the rule. Tell the genius who first slapped a blue line on the ice and came up with the offsides concept about what just happened, they'd probably vomit.

I agree 125% with everything in this post.... except that last part. Colorado can get fvcked lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I love Kevin Smith, but man is he overdue for a good movie. Yoga Hosers is legitimately one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. I turned it off about 20 minutes in, and I never do that with movies.

Hopefully now that he’s lost all the weight and is healthy and getting his life together he’ll have a return to form. 

The Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is coming.... I’m actually pretty excited for it. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

well to be fair he never intended to make that movie so that people likes it haha it was made for an extremely niche group so he knew people would hate it.

I actually met and talked to him on the day it was coming out and he said he was glad he was in Toronto for that weekend cause he knew the critics would crucify him so he preferred being away doing something to take his mind off of it haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well to be fair he never intended to make that movie so that people likes it haha it was made for an extremely niche group so he knew people would hate it.

I actually met and talked to him on the day it was coming out and he said he was glad he was in Toronto for that weekend cause he knew the critics would crucify him so he preferred being away doing something to take his mind off of it haha

I didn’t really care for Tusk either though. His last decent movie was probably Red State. Still waiting for his hockey movie but I guess he’d rather just finish his True North trilogy that nobody wants... :P

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is coming.... I’m actually pretty excited for it. 

lol this is somewhat devils related as i was wearing a Devils tshirt and that Smith was there.... so back in 2016 I went to see a Jay and Silent Bob get old podcast live. They always do the whole "Let's fvck" thing where they pick fans from the crowd and get them on stage to "fvck" with Jay in a ridiculous way.

So they had a photo op session after... I walked in and went "Hey Jay!!! Wanna fvck!?!" and he went "Pffff Damn right" and he grabbed me and bent me over LOL

Clearly one of the most hilarious picture i've ever taken. I'm just going to post the link and not post it directly cause i already have a short leash on here and we're in 2019 so it may offend some people lol Click to your own risk folks

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/14249787_10157389883195300_101732368792477177_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f7733f759b285f52d3c7a388e403ec47&oe=5D5D231C

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I didn’t really care for Tusk either though. His last decent movie was probably Red State. Still waiting for his hockey movie but I guess he’d rather just finish his True North trilogy that nobody wants... :P

i actually enjoyed tusk lol even if it was just to see Depp speaking with a tick french accent and having a nose on his nose lol 

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

lol this is somewhat devils related as i was wearing a Devils tshirt and that Smith was there.... so back in 2016 I went to see a Jay and Silent Bob get old podcast live. They always do the whole "Let's fvck" thing where they pick fans from the crowd and get them on stage to "fvck" with Jay in a ridiculous way.

So they had a photo op session after... I walked in and went "Hey Jay!!! Wanna fvck!?!" and he went "Pffff Damn right" and he grabbed me and bent me over LOL

Clearly one of the most hilarious picture i've ever taken. I'm just going to post the link and not post it directly cause i already have a short leash on here and we're in 2019 so it may offend some people lol Click to your own risk folks

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/14249787_10157389883195300_101732368792477177_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f7733f759b285f52d3c7a388e403ec47&oe=5D5D231C

That’s amazing. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I agree with you except for that last part.  I'd only root for Colorado if they were playing the Rangers, Flyers or Penguins.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Lmfao that pic is a classic bro! That’s awesome that you got to meet them- my sister and brother-in-law went to Boston Comic Con with my nephews a couple years ago and got to meet Kevin and Jay. They got a picture with the both of them and the whole family that my sister has proudly and prominently displayed in her house. They’re great guys!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lmfao that pic is a classic bro! That’s awesome that you got to meet them- my sister and brother-in-law went to Boston Comic Con with my nephews a couple years ago and got to meet Kevin and Jay. They got a picture with the both of them and the whole family that my sister has proudly and prominently displayed in her house. They’re great guys!

For sure man haha Kevin is the best. Few years back i went to one of his Q&A and asked him a question mixing the Devils and Star Wars together haha his reaction was the best. It's on youtube somewhere.

edit: here @MadDog2020 found it. the sound is really bad and its hard to hear but it is what it is lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCBWJKFh5-s

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Colorado is already getting a 4th overall pick this year. Having them winning the cup on top of that would be ridiculous lol

Yep. They have MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Makar. Hell of a young core already. Imagine if they grab Caufield at 4...

Just now, Nicomo said:

Yep. They have MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Makar. Hell of a young core already. Imagine if they grab Caufield at 4...

And Landeskog, Jost, Girard, and Compher aren’t too bad either.... no way they take Caufield that high though. I think they’ll end up with Byram.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And Landeskog, Jost, Girard, and Compher aren’t too bad either.... no way they take Caufield that high though. I think they’ll end up with Byram.

I just mentioned those other specific guys because they’re all super young still. Idk wrt Caufield. Him going to Wisconsin might be a factor, but if the Devils were sitting there at 4 and he was there I’d be absolutely fine with that pick. Kid is just a natural goal scorer, and I think it will transfer to the NHL just fine. 

Jones shutting it down. 

• Like 1

Just now, thecoffeecake said:

Well those two game sevens went the exact opposite of how I wanted them to. Go whoever wins the east, then. 

Yuck. Marchand or the Canes? fvck that. 

SJ or STL please. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

It does sound gross, especially Marchand, but no first time winners. 

Boo first time winners. 

I don’t really understand that mentality. Especially for long suffering fan bases like STL. I say let them experience the joy of winning a Cup. 

I don’t think it really makes the Devils championships any less special. In fact I’d rather teams like Boston and Carolina not get more. How many non-original 6 teams have 3 or more? NJ, Pitt, Edmonton, and NYI? That’s more special than winning it once, imo. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

It does sound gross, especially Marchand, but no first time winners. 

Boo first time winners. 

The Devils were a first time winner once. St. Louis fans have waited 50 years, if they win I’ll be happy for them. 

• Like 4