2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

20 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Boston dominates 6-2. Bury these fvcking a$$holes under the arena in Raleigh the next two games please Boston. 

There's a saying about best-of-7 playoffs that you "don't worry until you've lost at home".  Carolina should worry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Pierre and the majority of the announce teams makes me want to not even bother watching the rest of the way. Between that and the teams left this is the most uninterested I've ever been in watching the rest of the playoffs. 

I can see why you feel that way and it makes sense when last year you had the allure of Ovechkin chasing the Cup and seeing if he could finally get past the second round, the heavy favorite Bolts getting totally upset in the first round, and now arguably the best team left has a player that basically the whole world hates, but aside from all of that the Sharks/Blues series has had some pretty good hockey so far, and I wouldn't count out the Canes just yet with them going back to Carolina - it's an uphill battle for them for sure, but they're a resilient group.  

I'm not saying I'm any more interested in the playoffs this year compared to any others - to me this is just another year of post-season play that the Devils aren't a part of and I'm forced to just try to watch good hockey, which I think we're getting.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I can see why you feel that way and it makes sense when last year you had the allure of Ovechkin chasing the Cup and seeing if he could finally get past the second round, the heavy favorite Bolts getting totally upset in the first round, and now arguably the best team left has a player that basically the whole world hates, but aside from all of that the Sharks/Blues series has had some pretty good hockey so far, and I wouldn't count out the Canes just yet with them going back to Carolina - it's an uphill battle for them for sure, but they're a resilient group.  

I'm not saying I'm any more interested in the playoffs this year compared to any others - to me this is just another year of post-season play that the Devils aren't a part of and I'm forced to just try to watch good hockey, which I think we're getting.  

I'm still watching, I just don't care. I always watch the world championships anyway but I'm way more invested in them this year with USA finally having a solid team, many Devils playing and Hughes/Kakko playing. 

52 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm still watching, I just don't care. I always watch the world championships anyway but I'm way more invested in them this year with USA finally having a solid team, many Devils playing and Hughes/Kakko playing. 

It’s hockey, just watch it everyone. It’s bridging the gap to October as best as possible!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah, I hear ya.  I actually want to try to catch some of the world tournament as well, before it's over. 

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s hockey, just watch it everyone. It’s bridging the gap to October as best as possible!

Exactly.  The summer is long enough as it is.  Baseball can only keep my interest for so long, plus I'm a Mets fan, and the Mets are the Mets, so they'll likely be out of contention sometime around June/July.  Football will roll around in late summer, but being a Giants fan lately that means their season will also be over by the end of September, so, yeah, I'll take any hockey (especially playoff hockey), as long as I can get it.  

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Holy sh!t, clearly a hand pass, Blues got screwed, Sharks yet again are getting gifts from the NHL.

fvck that team

They got to the WCF because Landeskog was millimeters offsides getting on the bench on the other side of the play in that game 7, but THAT isn't reviewable?

Something doesn't add up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

They got to the WCF because Landeskog was millimeters offsides getting on the bench on the other side of the play in that game 7, but THAT isn't reviewable?

Something doesn't add up. 

NHL really wants Thornton to hoist a cup before he retires I guess.

Oh hey there, Ray Borque.

• Like 2

Blues ABSOLUTELY got hosed here.

The refs were standing right there and you can't tell me that neither of them saw the hand-pass.    

I think this is less to do about Favoritism toward the Sharks and more to do about MAXIMIZE TV REVENUE as they want the Blues to come back and tie the series and have another Game 7.

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

NHL really wants Thornton to hoist a cup before he retires I guess.

Oh hey there, Ray Borque.

Except unlike Bourque, Joe is at least CONTRIBUTING to his team instead of just riding its coattails like Bourqe did with the Avs.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Like 2