2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

You're insane.  This was game 3, homie.  Logic aside, how can you possibly decide now which team is going to need help getting to game 7?

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah I don't get this either, if it was game 6 I could understand the argument but this doesn't gurantee anything. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Oh Jesus Christ please tell me this is satire.

“Logic aside” is actually how he came to this conclusion

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Seems to be the theme of most of his posts

So none of you believe the Refs could purposely blow a call to extend the series?     

I know it was only game 3 but no one can sit there and tell me that the Refs MISSED IT when an obvious hand-pass was occurring right in front of their eyes.    They were right there.   

My point being that there was more at play here than someone "blowing a call".      And that favoritism toward the Sharks due to some imagined Joe Thornton narrative isn't the case at all.  

Bettman could care less about Joe's "mission" to win a Cup before he hangs the skates up.    All he cares about is the NHL's bottom line, PERIOD.   

In fact, I half-expect to see more late-game "blown calls" to either team in this series.

All of you can mock me all you want (and you have been) but don't think for one second that Bettman isn't "hoping"(*wink* *wink*, *nudge* *nudge*) this series goes 7.  :closedeyes:

Edited by glenwo2

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This isn’t fvcking wrestling dude. They missed the call. It happens. Not everything is a fvcking conspiracy. 

Believe what you want.  

Just don't be surprised when these so-called "blown calls" happen.

and that's all I'll say on this matter.

We're going around in circles here.

Edited by glenwo2

10 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

So none of you believe the Refs could purposely blow a call to extend the series?     

Nope. Because in game 3, the blown call could’ve given an extra win to a team that didn’t need it, thus making the series shorter than it would have been. There was no possible way to know at that point. 

All of these conspiracy theories are stupid. You weren't here at the time, but a couple years ago there were some pretty asinine ones about the league being biased against the Devils because a lot of calls were being blown and/or replays decided against us. 

It was right around when we got the #1 pick in 2017 was just about the same time those guys “Homered” their way backwards into the bushes. 

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Nope. Because in game 3, the blown call could’ve given an extra win to a team that didn’t need it, thus making the series shorter than it would have been. There was no possible way to know at that point. 

All of these conspiracy theories are stupid. You weren't here at the time, but a couple years ago there were some pretty asinine ones about the league being biased against the Devils because a lot of calls were being blown and/or replays decided against us. 

It was right around when we got the #1 pick in 2017 was just about the same time those guys “Homered” their way backwards into the bushes. 

I wasn't here, yes.

But I remembered the infamous offsides on Taylor Hall that took away a Goal from him against Buffalo.   That was infuriating.

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Because blown calls happen in every sport since referees are humans and as such, not infallible. 

Yes, I know Refs are humans and not infallible.

But it doesn't mean I should just assume things (like something so blatant as that hand-pass) to be a simply Human mistake.  

If that were any more blatant, the refs would've announced on the loudspeaker to Blues fans in attendance what they were going to do.

Edited by glenwo2

22 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

As other people have alluded to, yesterday's outcome doesn't extend the series one way or the other.  It was Game 3, and the series was tied 1-1 - someone had to win it, and without knowing who's going to win the next minimum amount of games, yesterday going in favor of the Sharks doesn't guarantee any extension of the series.

5 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I wasn't here, yes.

But I remembered the infamous offsides on Taylor Hall that took away a Goal from him against Buffalo.   That was infuriating.

I didn't say they weren't infuriating when they happen against you. But I don't think the league looked at that game and decided Taylor is offsides because the Devils have to lose. That's just crazy talk. 

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

Yes, I know Refs are humans and not infallible.

But it doesn't mean I should just assume things (like something so blatant as that hand-pass) to be a simply Human mistake.  

If that were any more blatant, the refs would've announced to the Blues fans in attendance what they were going to do on the loudspeaker.   

Out of curiosity, who do you think killed Kennedy? Or Tupac?

• Haha 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

As other people have alluded to, yesterday's outcome doesn't extend the series one way or the other.  It was Game 3, and the series was tied 1-1 - someone had to win it, and without knowing who's going to win the next minimum amount of games, yesterday going in favor of the Sharks doesn't guarantee any extension of the series.

And as I said, I know it was Game 3 but I'm not naive to believe that, THAT obvious Hand-pass was somehow missed "accidentally".    To the NHL and Bettman, I say : "Give me a break...." smh.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn't say they weren't infuriating when they happen against you. But I don't think the league looked at that game and decided Taylor is offsides because the Devils have to lose. That's just crazy talk. 

Out of curiosity, who do you think killed Kennedy? Or Tupac?

- I never thought the League wanted the Devils to lose that game either.   I was just pointing out how infuriating it was from remembering it.

- Aliens (but you said Lou....Aren't they the same? )

Edited by glenwo2

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I don't think anyone is going around in circles. I think we're all just laughing at you. There's no back-and-forth here; this is you pretending the NHL is a soap-opera and us finding that hysterical. 

Well I'm so glad I'm entertaining you all.  (sarcasm, in case you missed it)

Maybe for my next trick I'll disappear forever at this rate. :wacko:

Edited by glenwo2

Just now, MB3 said:

You've been here less than a month and you have almost two hundred posts. That kind of enthusiasm is awesome, and has been steadily declining over the years with the team stinking. I don't want you to disappear forever. 

But suggesting that the NHL is "fixing" playoff games (and dealing with this massive, massive back-lash and PR nightmare) because they'd prefer a 2-1 Sharks series lead over a 2-1 Blues series lead for some undisclosed reason is stupid. Defending it and calling everyone else naive is stupid. Sorry if that is offensive to you.

Well I can say this about njdevs, there's almost always a 90% chance that whatever you post, you'll get a response (positive or negative). 

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

That's... an interesting take. 

I have plenty of issues with the blown call in overtime. If a goal can be overturned because a player is a pube-hair offsides, a blatant hand-pass needs to be reviewable. 

I don't need "faster" hockey games. I need correct outcomes. 

I don't agree that I necessarily need every call to be right, I appreciate the human element, but I agree that it's insane to review offsides but not this garbage. I think my answer would be to scrap most reviews. If a trained ref can't see it in real time, it probably should stand. 

I can accept that there will be reviews, but the line between what is and isn't reviewable can't be this arbitrary and fvcking stupid. I'd trade reviewing plays like that for scrapping offsides review any day. 

25 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

- I never thought the League wanted the Devils to lose that game either.   I was just pointing out how infuriating it was from remembering it.

Others did. 

25 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Aliens (but you said Lou....Aren't they the same? )

That’s correct. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Maybe this place needs a crazy person like me that you can laugh at and mock?

The proverbial Class-clown, if you will.

I think I'll start talking about Aliens......or Lou Lamoriello....or Both.   

No, we had one of those. His name was LD and we still hate him, wherever he is. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

No, we had one of those. His name was LD and we still hate him, wherever he is. 

Okay. 

Scratch the "Class-Clown" bit then.

Got to go to Plan B.

What's plan B?    

I'll let you know when I figure that out.  ;)

Edited by glenwo2

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Also, the officials from last night are apparently done for the playoffs: 

Everyone seems to think they were removed as a disciplinary measure when in reality (and this is just my opinion here), they simply finished their "tour of duty" for this season.

They'll be back next season with an empty apology (if there is any) by the league.