2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Marchand goes to the box for licking a dude, and the Blues score the GWG on the ensuing power play. 

Ahhh, poetic justice for someone who gives the game a black eye.  Rat Faces should not be allowed to have their names on the Cup!

6 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

I’m not too sure so figured I’d ask...has there ever been a game 7 that went to OT in the finals?  Would love to see that...with the Blues winning of course.

It doesn't appear so.  I was able to search for all OT game 7's in the month of June in the history of the NHL, and only one game up:  LA vs CHI on June 1st, but that was obviously the Western Conference Finals, not the Stanley Cup Finals.   I went back a month and checked May in case the Finals ended earlier back when they had less teams, but it still seems that the only OT game 7's were in previous rounds like the Quarterfinals or Semifinals. 

8 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

I’m not too sure so figured I’d ask...has there ever been a game 7 that went to OT in the finals?  Would love to see that...with the Blues winning of course.

I prefer our Game 6 OT win. All the excitement of a walk-off victory for our team, with an extra game thereafter should it end up the wrong way. Much less stressful lol. 

9 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

It was 1942 or something. Detroit vs  Toronto went to game 7 overtime in the finals

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It was 1942 or something. Detroit vs  Toronto went to game 7 overtime in the finals

Toronto won that series in 7 games, but game 7 was 3-1 and not in OT.  You'd think it would have happened at least once in 100 years, but I can't find anything that suggests a game 7 in the finals has gone to OT.

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Toronto won that series in 7 games, but game 7 was 3-1 and not in OT.  You'd think it would have happened at least once in 100 years, but I can't find anything that suggests a game 7 in the finals has gone to OT.

Upon further research... 17 times the Finals have ended on an OT winner, but only once has it been in Game 7 - 1954, Red Wings over Canadiens 2-1, 4:29 into OT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It has, I couldn't find it... Looks like the last was 1954

B00DA829-0E4A-492D-8478-563E9F88CD59.jpeg

Edit: you beat me to it!

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

What does that Blues site have to do with Barstool?

That's where I saw it too right when you posted it at the same time I did.  Not that it really explains why they would get hate for it, BUT... in that same vein, I did say to someone else that I guess it's possible that a Boston fan could've created that in order to make Blues fans look stupid, which would be pretty hilarious.  It takes some effort - more than I'd care to do - but it'd still be pretty funny if that was the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The links for the merch take you to a site hosted by Barstool - I'm assuming they're probably behind the whole thing.

I didn't catch that, but as I mentioned above, that's what I was thinking in the back of my mind.  It's definitely still funny, but if true, I hope the Blues win tomorrow 7-0.  

• Like 2

Want the Blues to win tomorrow 1-0 in triple OT.  As a fan with no vested interest in either team, def not the Bruins, nothing could be more exciting than knowing next goal wins the cup.  Can’t even fathom the nervousness that I’d experience if I was a fan of either team.  Trying to figure out how Binnington would even have it in him to pull out a miracle on the road against a team with a lot more experience in this situation.  I sure as hell hope he can but doesn’t look promising.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

Want the Blues to win tomorrow 1-0 in triple OT.  As a fan with no vested interest in either team, def not the Bruins, nothing could be more exciting than knowing next goal wins the cup.  Can’t even fathom the nervousness that I’d experience if I was a fan of either team.  Trying to figure out how Binnington would even have it in him to pull out a miracle on the road against a team with a lot more experience in this situation.  I sure as hell hope he can but doesn’t look promising.

He hasn't really cracked under pressure thus far, so he might be able to pull it off tonight.  He's been particularly good after losses too - I think he's going to be solid tonight.  If the Blues can stay out of the box, I think they have a real shot. Tarasenko needs to pot one.  Calling it now.

26 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He hasn't really cracked under pressure thus far, so he might be able to pull it off tonight.  He's been particularly good after losses too - I think he's going to be solid tonight.  If the Blues can stay out of the box, I think they have a real shot. Tarasenko needs to pot one.  Calling it now.

Rask's numbers in elimination games is damn impressive. I just hope the blues can pull this one out.

62451625_10158446807811521_5538413027440

4 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

Rask's numbers in elimination games is damn impressive. I just hope the blues can pull this one out.

62451625_10158446807811521_5538413027440

Wow, yeah that's pretty nuts. I knew he was pretty good in those situations, but didn't know it was that good.  Should be a good duel.