MadDog2020

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Well, first of all fvck Carolina and everything associated with their team. So write that down. 

Second of all; I hate Boston Sports almost as much as I hate Philadelphia sports, and watching Tavares drag his monster noodle over the Islanders faces would be enough schadenfreude to last me until next season. So I'm praying for a Tranna win tonight. 

Third of all; I couldn't possibly give less of a sh!t who wins the west. If the Sharks lose in the first round, it's more likely that EK decides to take his talents elsewhere next season. Plus, I like Vegas and I dislike Deboer. So maybe go Knights.

Finally; I think if Columbus makes it to the Cup we might might might see Breadman staying put. And that would be ideal for me, because with the Rangers building Little Moscow I have the biggest fear in the world that Panarin signs there for cheap-ish and accelerates their rebuild 3 years. 

Posted (edited)

I'm curious why a number of you want to see the Isles embarrass the Leafs/Tavares, either by going further or in a head-to-head series? Sure, the offseason and general coverage of the Leafs this season was annoying, but not more annoying than the last few years of dirtbag Long Island fans suddenly popping up out of the woodwork and doing their best Rags fan impression by making the trip and being absolutely obnoxious in our building. I'd much rather avoid their heads blowing up more than they already have, rather than the Leafs', but I guess that's just me?

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just want Boston eliminated. Scummy team and I want our 2nd rounder (for MoJo) to be as high as possible. 

ETA, speaking of second round picks, Ryan tweeted this earlier: 

Long story short, the Preds' second-round pick (owned by the Devils) should be 56 or 55. If the Capitals were to make the conference finals, the Preds' pick would be 56. If the Caps got knocked out this round or the second round, Nashville's pick would be 55.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 1

I really don't get the Carolina hate. I'm not mad because the Devils decided not to show up in 02 or 06 and choke in 09. I've never had a problem with their fans or players. 

What I'm really excited for is Canada on the brink of elimination. 

13 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I really don't get the Carolina hate. I'm not mad because the Devils decided not to show up in 02 or 06 and choke in 09. I've never had a problem with their fans or players. 

What I'm really excited for is Canada on the brink of elimination. 

I'm not sure we'll ever agree on anything. 

2006 didn't bother me that much. I was too young in 2002. 

2009 will haunt me until the day I die. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MB3 said:

2009 sucked. I was there for all the home games and that game 7 was brutal. But I'm still more mad at the Devils than Carolina. So many terrible plays and decisions in that final period

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

2009 sucked. I was there for all the home games and that game 7 was brutal. But I'm still more mad at the Devils than Carolina. So many terrible plays and decisions in that final period

I'm definitely more mad at the Devils. But I can't help but hate Carolina because of it. Their bullsh!t game 6 win with the obvious goaltender interference call. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I'm definitely more mad at the Devils. But I can't help but hate Carolina because of it. Their bullsh!t game 6 win with the obvious goaltender interference call. 

That was possibly the most emotional I ever saw Marty get

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

You mean giving Madden more ice time than Parise in game 7 was a bad decision?

And yeah that was not goaltender interference in game 6.  If that play happened the opposite way you all wouldn't have a problem with it.

Edited by DevsMan84

Great, we get to enjoy Marchand for another round...UGH

Posted (edited)

For the last 4 years I’ve been hearing about this impending dynasty coming out of Toronto.   At what point can I reasonably expect them to just win a playoff series?   

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

MoJo with a goal in game 7.

GWG, in fact!

Good for him

• Like 1

Complete justice after Johnny "Childhood dream" Tavares left the Isles with nothing.

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

Oh no, I totally agree that it's haunting. But I don't care about Carolina's role in the whole thing. Could've been Carolina or the Rags or the 73 Canadiens, the Devils lost that game in a way no team should ever lose a series. Our guys did that to us, not Carolina.

Posted (edited)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that’s Johansson’s second career series-winning GWG. Kinda cool. 

I hate Islanders fans; if you listen to Barstool that Frankie Borrelli guy is a complete crayon eater. I also hate Boston, so this series is gonna suck a big one for me if it winds up being Boston/NYI.

By the way: Leafs fans are calling for Babcock’s head and I don’t blame them. Barely 20 minutes apiece for Matthews and Tavares in game 7; that’s not nearly enough. 

Patrick Marleau being out for what felt like 80% of the entire series is mind boggling. Toronto has so much productive, talented youth and instead they’ve got their meat-and-potatoes guys out there down a few goals in the 3rd.

Edited by MB3
  • Like 1

Absolute sports history if the Sharks can close this out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Absolute sports history if the Sharks can close this out.

I’ve never seen anything like this. Incredible.

• Like 1