2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

10 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I'm in the minority but I'm happy the Sharks won.

While I don't care for Pete DeBoring,  I enjoy seeing an old Grey-beard like Joe Thornton playing Playoff Hockey. 

I want to see him play more.

Plus, I want them to advance to at least have Pavelski back.

SJ is basically Caps West. They’ve been knocking on the door for years- maybe this can be the year they finally break it down. That team and fan base has paid their dues. They deserve a Cup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

SJ is basically Caps West. They’ve been knocking on the door for years- maybe this can be the year they finally break it down. That team and fan base has paid their dues. They deserve a Cup.

Plus, even though they're from California...they're not the fvcking Kings.

A stars avs CF would be too nostalgic for me to pull against if it wasn't for the Rangers pick. Some of my earliest memories of western conference hockey are Sakic/Forsberg/Roy and Modano/Belfour and the group that came over here. 

The Stars beat Colorado to advance to both of their finals appearances. They avoided each other in 01 when St. Louis swept Dallas in the second round. Would've been a third straight conference finals clash between them. That Dallas era wound down with two first round losses to Colorado around the lockout year. 

It's crazy both of those teams came around in the 90's and have that much history between each other. Probably no other set of franchises in major pro sports are that young with so much baggage. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

A stars avs CF would be too nostalgic for me to pull against if it wasn't for the Rangers pick. Some of my earliest memories of western conference hockey are Sakic/Forsberg/Roy and Modano/Belfour and the group that came over here. 

The Stars beat Colorado to advance to both of their finals appearances. They avoided each other in 01 when St. Louis swept Dallas in the second round. Would've been a third straight conference finals clash between them. That Dallas era wound down with two first round losses to Colorado around the lockout year. 

It's crazy both of those teams came around in the 90's and have that much history between each other. Probably no other set of franchises in major pro sports are that young with so much baggage. 

Stars-Avs was great hockey back in those days. Great teams with HOF’ers up and down both rosters. Avs-Wings was a fantastic rivalry as well (that, sadly, can never be replicated between the two franchises ever again, now that Detroit is in the East). 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

I was watching some of the Blues/Stars game yesterday and I saw it become 4-1 and watched Bishop head to the bench, and I just assumed they pulled him because he let in 4 goals...I remember at the time thinking that wasn't very fair to him since not all of the goals were his fault...and now I just saw that he took a puck to the collarbone on that last goal which is the reason why he left the game.  Is he done for the series/playoffs?  At first he appeared to be in excruciating pain, then he seemed like he was kind getting over it, but an injury like that seems like it would be hard to play through, not to mention sort of dangerous.    

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was watching some of the Blues/Stars game yesterday and I saw it become 4-1 and watched Bishop head to the bench, and I just assumed they pulled him because he let in 4 goals...I remember at the time thinking that wasn't very fair to him since not all of the goals were his fault...and now I just saw that he took a puck to the collarbone on that last goal which is the reason why he left the game.  Is he done for the series/playoffs?  At first he appeared to be in excruciating pain, then he seemed like he was kind getting over it, but an injury like that seems like it would be hard to play through, not to mention sort of dangerous.    

I think reports are that he's fine and is going to be play in game 7.

Obviously that means the shot didn't break his collarbone but man.. he must be rocking one hell of a nasty bruise.  Gotta be really, really sore.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Obviously that means the shot didn't break his collarbone but man.. he must be rocking one hell of a nasty bruise.  Gotta be really, really sore.

What's really scary, though, is that if it was a couple of inches higher that the puck hit him (ie the throat area), he'd be in the hospital in serious condition (or worse).

Edited by glenwo2

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He actually stayed in after the injury, but gave up another goal almost immediately before coming out.

Edited by MadDog2020

36 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah I can only imagine.  I took a puck to the bicep last Wednesday - no padding on the inside there, and this morning 5 days later I have a nice looking purple/yellow-ish bruise on my arm the size of an apple.  

55 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah I can only imagine.  I took a puck to the bicep last Wednesday - no padding on the inside there, and this morning 5 days later I have a nice looking purple/yellow-ish bruise on my arm the size of an apple.  

Yup. I got hit right in the back of the knee once, I couldn't walk normally for like a month. 

Didn't miss a shift, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. I got hit right in the back of the knee once, I couldn't walk normally for like a month. 

Didn't miss a shift, though.

Yeah well this one time, I stubbed my pinky toe on my bedframe - it ached for a solid 10 minutes.

I managed to make it to my office cubby though, fought through it and didn't miss a day of work.

Sorry I don't mean to sound too braggy, just had to share my own personal war story.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah well this one time, I stubbed my pinky toe on my bedframe - it ached for a solid 10 minutes.

I managed to make it to my office cubby though, fought through it and didn't miss a day of work.

Sorry I don't mean to sound too braggy, just had to share my own personal war story.

You are a real man. 

• Haha 2

Can somebody answer this for me?

Had Columbus come back and won the series, the Devils would've gotten a draft pick right?

EDIT :  Nevermind.   It would've improved the Draft pick they would've gotten from Boston in exchange for Mojo.     Instead we'll get a lower pick.    Oh well.

Edited by glenwo2

It was always going to be a dumb gamble to take for Colombus but there was a slim chance that it would be worth it if they could either win the cup or re-sign their guys.

Well... they dodged a huge bullet by making the playoffs by like 1 point... They didn't make it past the 2nd round.

Now let's see what happens on July 1st... but if the reports were true that Panarin and Bob were walking for sure. Even if they can re-sign Duchene. Huge failure and that will cripple them big time to let 2 top players walk like that for nothing.

Ouch.