Jump to content

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Loved Maroon; respected and appreciated why he went home. Really would love the Blues to win the Cup. 

Maroon was a very good player for 17 games in NJ. I feel like a lot of Devils fans (on this site) act like he was here a lot longer and he was an integral part of our team. He wasn’t really, he was a nice extra piece who put up good numbers in a handful of games played. 

That said, he can have a Cup since we can’t right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maroon was a very good player for 17 games in NJ. I feel like a lot of Devils fans (on this site) act like he was here a lot longer and he was an integral part of our team. He wasn’t really, he was a nice extra piece who put up good numbers in a handful of games played. 

That said, he can have a Cup since we can’t right now. 

He’s a likable guy who is easy to root for. Easier since he had a cup of coffee here and we got to see what a good dude he seems to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s a likable guy who is easy to root for. Easier since he had a cup of coffee here and we got to see what a good dude he seems to be. 

Oh absolutely, I agree. I just think people overplay it. Like when they were talking about how he was going to re-sign, or how maybe he’ll come back to New Jersey, as if his kid is suddenly going to evaporate and he won’t want to be close to him anymore. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Oh absolutely, I agree. I just think people overplay it. Like when they were talking about how he was going to re-sign, or how maybe he’ll come back to New Jersey, as if his kid is suddenly going to evaporate and he won’t want to be close to him anymore. 

That’s true, I highly doubt he’s looking to leave St. Louis anytime soon lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fvcking can't stand the offsides challenge rule, the worst rule in hockey by a mile. Calling a goal off because someone was millimeters offsides on the other side of the play, getting off the ice, is the worst application of offsides I've ever seen. That is totally beyond the scope of the point of the rule. Tell the genius who first slapped a blue line on the ice and came up with the offsides concept about what just happened, they'd probably vomit.

Now I want the Avs to win the cup. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah he's awesome. I still prefer having Kevin Smith on our side though haha

I love Kevin Smith, but man is he overdue for a good movie. Yoga Hosers is legitimately one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. I turned it off about 20 minutes in, and I never do that with movies.

Hopefully now that he’s lost all the weight and is healthy and getting his life together he’ll have a return to form. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thecoffeecake said:

I fvcking can't stand the offsides challenge rule, the worst rule in hockey by a mile. Calling a goal off because someone was millimeters offsides on the other side of the play, getting off the ice, is the worst application of offsides I've ever seen. That is totally beyond the scope of the point of the rule. Tell the genius who first slapped a blue line on the ice and came up with the offsides concept about what just happened, they'd probably vomit.

Now I want the Avs to win the cup. 

I agree 125% with everything in this post.... except that last part. Colorado can get fvcked lol.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I love Kevin Smith, but man is he overdue for a good movie. Yoga Hosers is legitimately one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. I turned it off about 20 minutes in, and I never do that with movies.

Hopefully now that he’s lost all the weight and is healthy and getting his life together he’ll have a return to form. 

The Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is coming.... I’m actually pretty excited for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I love Kevin Smith, but man is he overdue for a good movie. Yoga Hosers is legitimately one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. I turned it off about 20 minutes in, and I never do that with movies.

Hopefully now that he’s lost all the weight and is healthy and getting his life together he’ll have a return to form. 

well to be fair he never intended to make that movie so that people likes it haha it was made for an extremely niche group so he knew people would hate it.

I actually met and talked to him on the day it was coming out and he said he was glad he was in Toronto for that weekend cause he knew the critics would crucify him so he preferred being away doing something to take his mind off of it haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well to be fair he never intended to make that movie so that people likes it haha it was made for an extremely niche group so he knew people would hate it.

I actually met and talked to him on the day it was coming out and he said he was glad he was in Toronto for that weekend cause he knew the critics would crucify him so he preferred being away doing something to take his mind off of it haha

I didn’t really care for Tusk either though. His last decent movie was probably Red State. Still waiting for his hockey movie but I guess he’d rather just finish his True North trilogy that nobody wants... :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is coming.... I’m actually pretty excited for it. 

lol this is somewhat devils related as i was wearing a Devils tshirt and that Smith was there.... so back in 2016 I went to see a Jay and Silent Bob get old podcast live. They always do the whole "Let's fvck" thing where they pick fans from the crowd and get them on stage to "fvck" with Jay in a ridiculous way.

So they had a photo op session after... I walked in and went "Hey Jay!!! Wanna fvck!?!" and he went "Pffff Damn right" and he grabbed me and bent me over LOL

Clearly one of the most hilarious picture i've ever taken. I'm just going to post the link and not post it directly cause i already have a short leash on here and we're in 2019 so it may offend some people lol Click to your own risk folks

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/14249787_10157389883195300_101732368792477177_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f7733f759b285f52d3c7a388e403ec47&oe=5D5D231C

 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I didn’t really care for Tusk either though. His last decent movie was probably Red State. Still waiting for his hockey movie but I guess he’d rather just finish his True North trilogy that nobody wants... :P

i actually enjoyed tusk lol even if it was just to see Depp speaking with a tick french accent and having a nose on his nose lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

lol this is somewhat devils related as i was wearing a Devils tshirt and that Smith was there.... so back in 2016 I went to see a Jay and Silent Bob get old podcast live. They always do the whole "Let's fvck" thing where they pick fans from the crowd and get them on stage to "fvck" with Jay in a ridiculous way.

So they had a photo op session after... I walked in and went "Hey Jay!!! Wanna fvck!?!" and he went "Pffff Damn right" and he grabbed me and bent me over LOL

Clearly one of the most hilarious picture i've ever taken. I'm just going to post the link and not post it directly cause i already have a short leash on here and we're in 2019 so it may offend some people lol Click to your own risk folks

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/14249787_10157389883195300_101732368792477177_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f7733f759b285f52d3c7a388e403ec47&oe=5D5D231C

 

That’s amazing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I fvcking can't stand the offsides challenge rule, the worst rule in hockey by a mile. Calling a goal off because someone was millimeters offsides on the other side of the play, getting off the ice, is the worst application of offsides I've ever seen. That is totally beyond the scope of the point of the rule. Tell the genius who first slapped a blue line on the ice and came up with the offsides concept about what just happened, they'd probably vomit.

Now I want the Avs to win the cup. 

I agree with you except for that last part.  I'd only root for Colorado if they were playing the Rangers, Flyers or Penguins.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

lol this is somewhat devils related as i was wearing a Devils tshirt and that Smith was there.... so back in 2016 I went to see a Jay and Silent Bob get old podcast live. They always do the whole "Let's fvck" thing where they pick fans from the crowd and get them on stage to "fvck" with Jay in a ridiculous way.

So they had a photo op session after... I walked in and went "Hey Jay!!! Wanna fvck!?!" and he went "Pffff Damn right" and he grabbed me and bent me over LOL

Clearly one of the most hilarious picture i've ever taken. I'm just going to post the link and not post it directly cause i already have a short leash on here and we're in 2019 so it may offend some people lol Click to your own risk folks

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/14249787_10157389883195300_101732368792477177_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f7733f759b285f52d3c7a388e403ec47&oe=5D5D231C

 

Lmfao that pic is a classic bro! That’s awesome that you got to meet them- my sister and brother-in-law went to Boston Comic Con with my nephews a couple years ago and got to meet Kevin and Jay. They got a picture with the both of them and the whole family that my sister has proudly and prominently displayed in her house. They’re great guys!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.