MadDog2020

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

The mental gymnastics in this post are just astounding. Some day philosophers will write textbooks about you.  

The book title will be “What The Fvck?”

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

7EE1D482-2025-4FE7-90FB-00565F88BDF4.jpeg

D86yvznWsAAs5XP.jpg

Edited by glenwo2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

7EE1D482-2025-4FE7-90FB-00565F88BDF4.jpeg

There’s the cover. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

God the NBA championship celebrations are so horrible. ESPN Preventing the players from jumping around screaming to listen to fvcking Doris Burke ask awkward brain dead questions for 20 mins makes me appreciate how the Stanley cup is celebrated.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

lol seriously explain one thing that is actually hard to grasp about it? i'm legit wondering

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

lol seriously explain one thing that is actually hard to grasp about it? i'm legit wondering

I’ve already explained it multiple times, I’m not sure how I can make you understand. I can try having my 12 year old explain it to you later, because she understood. 

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

He’d explain it in a way you understood but he’s all out of crayons.

In regards to the whole '2nd favorite team' thing, I will say this - most know how I feel about the Lightning - I've lived in FL for 20 years, and because I'm a hockey fan, I support the local team when I can.  If I go to a game on a random Tuesday in November against someone other than the Devils, I'll root for the Bolts and even rock a t-shirt.  Twice a year, for the last 20 years, I've gone to every game when the Devils have come here, and I've rocked my Devils jersey.  I'm a Devils fan first, a hockey fan second, and Bolts fan third.  If I were to move to another state, I'll still always have a soft spot for the Bolts, but I'd support that local team when I could, as long as they're not playing the Devils.  For now though, if the Bolts were to play someone in the playoffs, there's no one else I'd be rooting for besides the Devils of course.  If they played the Bruins, there's no way in hell I'd want the Bruins to win.  If they played the Sharks, there's no way in hell I'd want the Sharks to win.  That just doesn't make sense. They wouldn't be my second favorite team if I wanted someone else besides the Devils to beat them. 

• Like 1

My take on the second favorite team thing: 

62B0E2A9-F3F9-4163-8345-F4E93325BFBB.jpegAlways and forever.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

My take on the second favorite team thing: 

62B0E2A9-F3F9-4163-8345-F4E93325BFBB.jpegAlways and forever.

I love this, and I basically subscribe to that, BUT, when you're away from your favorite team, and there's another one in close proximity to you, it's hard to not get a little attached.

I think for me it was easy to embrace the Bolts a little because they were essentially non-threatening to my Devils fandom.  Not in our division?  Check.  Not a good team (at the time)?  Check.  Not really a great hockey fanbase (at the time)? Check.  

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I love this, and it's really hard not to subscribe to that wholly and fully, BUT, when you're away from your favorite team, and there's another one in close proximity to you, it's hard to not get a little attached.

I think for me it was easy to embrace the Bolts a little because they were essentially non-threatening to my Devils fandom.  Not in our division?  Check.  Not a good team (at the time)?  Check.  Not really a great hockey fanbase (at the time)? Check.  

To each their own, but even if I ever live outside of NJ, I will NEVER be attached to another team. fvck other teams. They’re competition. There’s us and 31 enemies as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I love this, and I basically subscribe to that, BUT, when you're away from your favorite team, and there's another one in close proximity to you, it's hard to not get a little attached.

That’s pretty much how I am with Vegas. It was easy to turn from the end of Devils games right to the Knights cause they started pretty much at 8 my time.

Plus they treated us so damn well when we were out there for the Nellis AFB Air Show. A few of the players came out to the plane and were damn cool, then the game that night was a hell of an experience.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

To each their own, but even if I ever live outside of NJ, I will NEVER be attached to another team. fvck other teams. They’re competition. There’s us and 31 enemies as far as I’m concerned. 

True that.  I mean, like I mentioned before about moving, if I ended up in Colorado somehow, and the Bolts won the Cup, I'd probably be like "Good for them", and a little happy for them.  Would I still root for them?  Probably not in the same way that I do now, but I wouldn't mind them winning over some other teams that I either hate or could care less about because to me they're just unknowns.  I guess that's the main difference - there are of course several teams I hate because they're big rivals of ours, but the others, they're essentially all randoms that mean nothing to me, save for one only for the fact that I happen to live here at the moment.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

it"s exactly that mentality that turned Anakin into Darth Vader. And now he's dead.

And because of that he had to be burned instead of just disappearing. 

Just sayin'... do you really want to be burned? 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

it"s exactly that mentality that turned Anakin into Darth Vader. And now he's dead.

And because of that he had to be burned instead of just disappearing. 

Just sayin'... do you really want to be burned? 

Just call me The Dark Lord of the Sith. 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020

5 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If they played the Bruins, there's no way in hell I'd want the Bruins to win.  If they played the Sharks, there's no way in hell I'd want the Sharks to win.  That just doesn't make sense. They wouldn't be my second favorite team if I wanted someone else besides the Devils to beat them. 

This is exactly what I said, which he disagreed with. I actually did ask my 12 year old daughter, and her eventual response to me was "my second favorite dinner is spaghetti, I hope mom never makes it again". 

The sarcasm doesn't fall far from the tree. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Larry rules. 

The Real Larry Legend.  

That is more for Brad Marchand than anyone else. 

• Like 1