Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't like Rooney much, but I forgot about Bastian - he seemed to play pretty well down the stretch in the limited time and opportunity he had.  He seemed hungry too, and like he wanted to make the most of his chance.  I wouldn't mind seeing him on the 4th line for opening night next season.

Right...I’m not sold on him based on such a small sample size, but he performed well in the few games he played. Q had a much bigger opportunity and laid a giant turd. 

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yikes.  Relative of yours? :lol:

Just because I’m from Staten Island doesn’t mean I’m related to EVERY Italian guy!

Nope, just a pet peeve of mine. If one doesn’t even know the guy’s name, you have to wonder how valid their opinions on him can be. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right...I’m not sold on him based on such a small sample size, but he performed well in the few games he played. Q had a much bigger opportunity and laid a giant turd. 

Agreed. The best thing he did for us last season was provide an unintentional meme that will live on in infamy.

Nope, just a pet peeve of mine. If one doesn’t even know the guy’s name, you have to wonder how valid their opinions on him can be.

True. For me, it was a combination of not realizing I was misspelling it, and also him not being significant enough on the team yet to know (or care) that I was misspelling it :D

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

True. For me, it was a combination of not realizing I was misspelling it, and also him not being significant enough on the team yet to know (or care) that I was misspelling it :D

No worries, when I run into him at the next family reunion, I won’t tell him. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Ray needs to figure Taylor out. If he’s undecided, convince him. If he doesn’t want to be here, trade that big lipped motherfvcker. 

I can see why he might think that, coming off injury, it’s a better idea for him to play out the year, hopefully have another MVP caliber season, and then make a mint in free agency.

I mean I’ll hate him for it, but I’ll get it. 

I don't envy Ray in this spot...it's a tough one.  I don't think that he's going to get terribly good offers this offseason...I know some embrace the "OMG can't lose guys for nothing get whatever you can!" mentality to the hilt, and yeah, it would REALLY suck to lose Hall for zilch (especially since this upcoming season doesn't figure to be a "Now we're ready to contend for a Cup!" kind of year)...but part of me can't help but wonder if he would bring back a better return at the deadline, if he manages to stay healthy and is having a big year, but the Devils are not looking like a legit playoff team. 

Of course, if Hall doesn't re-sign and there's a GM willing to make a fair offer prior to the start of the 2019-20 season, I think Ray's gotta take it.   

Again, I'm hoping we're more crossing our fingers that he's going to stay healthy AND productive...after he's already signed his extension this offseason.  It's a big risk and I get the feeling the return won't quite be what we were all hoping for, but I'll embrace him staying.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

16 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If our team looks something like this next season up front, I don't see how they aren't at least in the conversation for a wildcard spot, if not even better:

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri

Bratt - Hughes - FA

Wood - Zacha - Coleman

Agostini - Zajac - Q

I think we need to go after a solid right wing in free agency.  We lack some serious depth at that position.  I'm not sure I bump Zajac all the way down to the 4th line, but I think at this point Zacha needs to be getting some regular minutes, and with how much Zajac still plays on the PK, cutting down his even strength minutes may not be the end of the world. 

Only other issue I have is Agostini and/or Q - I'm not really sold on Agostini, and Q is what he is.  Neither of those spots really worry me much though, as they're both pretty replaceable with any serviceable AHLer that we see fit to call up.  Ideally it'd be nice if we could acquire a cheap free agent in the summer to take over one of those spots though.  

Well we have Anderson the the RW that you forgot to put in there. He's for sure ahead of Q

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well we have Anderson the the RW that you forgot to put in there. He's for sure ahead of Q

sh!t, I knew I was forgetting someone.  I actually like Anderson quite a bit, and seems like he might have potential.  I feel better about that 4th line now.  

53 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

sh!t, I knew I was forgetting someone.  I actually like Anderson quite a bit, and seems like he might have potential.  I feel better about that 4th line now.  

Me too. Although “Agostini” is still an unknown quantity. I might put Agostino there instead. 

😉

42 minutes ago, MB3 said:

She’s based out of the NY area and they’ve been serious for a few years. Can’t help but think that might be ever so slightly helpful in keeping Taylor rooted in NJ. 

And that girl may be a total smokeshow but Taylor if you’re reading this I can do things to you that she’ll never be able to if you sign here long term. 

I didn't even have time to crack the joke before you cracked it yourself, well done. So I will just post this flashback, referencing your former screen name:

44063146210_54bb8b25d6_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

You'd think being in Jersey, he'd find himself a nice brunette Italian or Latina girl with some meat on her bones who could cook him some Sunday pranzo or rice and beans, but I guess those good ol' Canadian boys have a certain type!

Requirements: Hot and Blonde

No other requirements. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Requirements: Hot and Blonde

No other requirements. 

6 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

You'd think being in Jersey, he'd find himself a nice brunette Italian or Latina girl with some meat on her bones

Nope, all the players wives/girlfriends basically look exactly like that. Even for Taylor Hall who looks like a human pug. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, MB3 said:

I would pick that smokeshow over a “Latina girl with meat on her bones” any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Chances are this girl is his type, lol.

Not to be creepy or anything but isn't your girl Brazilian? 😵

On 4/18/2019 at 8:27 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

If our team looks something like this next season up front, I don't see how they aren't at least in the conversation for a wildcard spot, if not even better:

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri

Bratt - Hughes - FA

Wood - Zacha - Coleman

Agostini - Zajac - Q

I think we need to go after a solid right wing in free agency.  We lack some serious depth at that position.  I'm not sure I bump Zajac all the way down to the 4th line, but I think at this point Zacha needs to be getting some regular minutes, and with how much Zajac still plays on the PK, cutting down his even strength minutes may not be the end of the world. 

Only other issue I have is Agostini and/or Q - I'm not really sold on Agostini, and Q is what he is.  Neither of those spots really worry me much though, as they're both pretty replaceable with any serviceable AHLer that we see fit to call up.  Ideally it'd be nice if we could acquire a cheap free agent in the summer to take over one of those spots though.  

Bratt - Hughes - Panarin    

One can dream.  😉

• Like 2