Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

6 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

From your reaction, I'd say you don't think it's an overpayment at all.  Right, @Neb00rs ?

It's not an overpayment. Jeff Skinner just got $9M per year/8 years. We'll be lucky to get Hall at 10. 11 is the high end of what Hall could get.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 2

I was wearing rose colored glasses before, but the fact that it’s obvious that Ray either didn’t make a serious offer for Trouba or might not have picked up the phone leads me to believe that his promise to add “talent” will prove to be a sick joke ad that we beat be prepared for some crappy draft picks for Hall.  

This is a lower point than Connor Chatham over Brayden Point as the team is wasting gifts it was given. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I was wearing rose colored glasses before, but the fact that it’s obvious that Ray either didn’t make a serious offer for Trouba or might not have picked up the phone leads me to believe that his promise to add “talent” will prove to be a sick joke ad that we beat be prepared for some crappy draft picks for Hall.  

This is a lower point than Connor Chatham over Brayden Point as the team is wasting gifts it was given. 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Holy sh!t dude get a fvcking grip.

Give me a reasonable prediction of the “talent” Ray will acquire by, say, two weeks into July.  Hall seems to be much more interested in that than Shero, that’s for sure.

12 hours ago, MB3 said:

Since you’ve been posting on here we’ve gotten along and I really like you, but you’re acting like mommy and daddy took your toys away. 

I don’t know who Shero will acquire between now and July 14th. That’s because July 14th is a FVCKING MONTH AWAY. 

If we’ve done d!ck between now and then I’ll be on the Fire Shero wagon with you. But I don’t think that will be the case.

You have absolutely no idea what happens behind closed doors. Maybe Trouba indicated he wouldn’t re-sign here so Shero didn’t sell the farm for a rental. Maybe Shero is working on something else. But for gods sake dude, calm your tits.

The best part is we already know, Dreger has said his trade list wasn't a 5-6 team list, but more like 1-2. It's obvious he wanted to go to the Rangers, and the deal happened. Same old story.

We KNOW all of that now, and there's still a sizable portion of the Devils neurotic fanbase off their meds going crazy over this trade, still.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

The best part is we already know, Dreger has said his trade list wasn't a 5-6 team list, but more like 1-2. It's obvious he wanted to go to the Rangers, and the deal happened. Same old story.

We KNOW all of that now, and there's still a sizable portion of the Devils neurotic fanbase off their meds going crazy over this trade, still.

So Trouba basically only wanted the Bright Lights, brah!

2 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

Given the talent at the top of this draft would you trade Hall for a top 10 pick this year?  

We don't even know if he will sign an extension or not so that question is not answerable at this point.

Edited by glenwo2

3 hours ago, Steadevils said:

Given the talent at the top of this draft would you trade Hall for a top 10 pick this year?  

This is honestly a really good question. And the fact that I don’t automatically think hell no surprises me...

33 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

Colorado's #4 for Hall? Do you take it and move on? 

I think so, yes. Grab Bowen Byram and don’t think twice. 

If the Hawks already took him in this scenario I’d be really tempted to reunite Hughes and Caufield...

1 hour ago, Steadevils said:

Colorado's #4 for Hall? Do you take it and move on? 

That' a really good question, and I think I might have to. Especially with Hall not having committed/not being in a rush to commit to an extension. 

17 hours ago, Nicomo said:

This is honestly a really good question. And the fact that I don’t automatically think hell no surprises me...

This was exactly my reaction as well - surprised no one had posed this before, and also surprised that I, too, didn't immediately say no.